1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93531
    15 Nov '12 22:12
    watching the news about isreal/gaza tonight, its a cluster fk, spinning out of control. can any of you super brainy dwellers of the spirituality forum offer me any hope? im looking for quick fix for the middle east/ isreal situation. the best solution gets a super reaffirming cyber-hug from me.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    15 Nov '12 22:212 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    watching the news about isreal/gaza tonight, its a cluster fk, spinning out of control. can any of you super brainy dwellers of the spirituality forum offer me any hope? im looking for quick fix for the middle east/ isreal situation. the best solution gets a super reaffirming cyber-hug from me.
    Sure, when the last Arab and the last Jew is dead, there will be peace in the middle east.

    The sad part is, they are both Semites.

    I saw it up close and personal, lived in Jerusalem for 4 years, had friends on both sides of the fence.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    15 Nov '12 22:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sure, when the last Arab and the last Jew is dead, there will be peace in the middle east.

    The sad part is, they are both Semites.

    I saw it up close and personal, lived in Jerusalem for 4 years, had friends on both sides of the fence.
    MARMITE
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    16 Nov '12 00:01
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    MARMITE
    Only if they don't then degenerate into those that love Marmite and those that hate it.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    16 Nov '12 01:13
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    MARMITE
    I know that brewer's yeast has a terrible taste, so I would suspect I would hate it.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    16 Nov '12 01:16
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93531
    16 Nov '12 10:18
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Only if they don't then degenerate into those that love Marmite and those that hate it.
    it will though, marmite is the most divisive thing known to man. after giving the subject some serious thought, ive decided they need a common interest. i suggest indoor bowls. has anybody every seen a fight on a bowls green? nope. lets build thousands of them in the middle-east and force them (at gun point) to form mixed bowls clubs. problem solved.
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 Nov '12 11:10
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    it will though, marmite is the most divisive thing known to man. after giving the subject some serious thought, ive decided they need a common interest. i suggest indoor bowls. has anybody every seen a fight on a bowls green? nope. lets build thousands of them in the middle-east and force them (at gun point) to form mixed bowls clubs. problem solved.
    Simply getting them to live in the same neighborhoods and go to the same schools etc would be a start. Social segregation is what has lead to the current problems.

    But you want a solution. To some extent, it is not our responsibility (nor right) as outsiders to resolve their problems. However, when one side is downtrodden, I do think that foreign parties should offer assistance (such as in Syria).
    However, what we could do, is try to persuade the US from continuing to support the problems rather than trying to resolve them. I am not saying the US should not support Israel or be its ally. I am saying that the issues specifically within the borders that Israel is in control of, are entirely the responsibility of Israel and it doesn't need an ally, it needs the US to help push it into doing something constructive about resolving the situation instead of continuing down the current path of making it worse.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    16 Nov '12 11:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Simply getting them to live in the same neighborhoods and go to the same schools etc would be a start. Social segregation is what has lead to the current problems.

    But you want a solution. To some extent, it is not our responsibility (nor right) as outsiders to resolve their problems. However, when one side is downtrodden, I do think that foreign parti ...[text shortened]... e about resolving the situation instead of continuing down the current path of making it worse.
    I know firsthand how badly the Israeli's treat Palestinians and the water they give them not good for washing cars much less drinking after they took all of the water from the Jordan,

    But that said, how can anyone call Israel a terrorist country when Hamas is getting rockets with the range to hit Tel Aviv. I have good friends in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and kibbutzim in the south, like Kibbutz Yotvata.

    If Mexico was launching those kind of missiles into Tucson what do you think the American government would do? Just go 'boys will be boys"? "Aren't they cute with those little missiles"?

    Especially when instead of real supplies like medicine and food and farming implements going through the tunnels from Egypt, they are almost 100% sending weapons.

    And then the Egyptian PM has the gall to go there and say, everybody calm down when it is their fault the tunnels exist in the first place.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93531
    16 Nov '12 11:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Simply getting them to live in the same neighborhoods and go to the same schools etc would be a start. Social segregation is what has lead to the current problems.

    But you want a solution. To some extent, it is not our responsibility (nor right) as outsiders to resolve their problems. However, when one side is downtrodden, I do think that foreign parti ...[text shortened]... e about resolving the situation instead of continuing down the current path of making it worse.
    "Simply getting them to live in the same neighborhoods and go to the same schools etc would be a start. Social segregation is what has lead to the current problems."


    good answer, i like it. manly cyber-hug for twhitehead.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    16 Nov '12 12:02
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    [b]"Simply getting them to live in the same neighborhoods and go to the same schools etc would be a start. Social segregation is what has lead to the current problems."


    good answer, i like it. manly cyber-hug for twhitehead.[/b]
    Er, have you ever visited Israel? Have you seen the areas controlled by the Palestinians and the ones controlled by Israeli's?

    Try the group hug thing there and you are more likely to get shot.

    What a naive statement.

    Can't we just all get along?

    You all don't know much about the centuries old conflict there.
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 Nov '12 13:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But that said, how can anyone call Israel a terrorist country when Hamas is getting rockets with the range to hit Tel Aviv.
    Two wrongs do not make a right. Just because the US was attacked on 9/11 does not justify the torture and other rights violations they have carried out since. Just because Israel is being attacked does not change the fact that they are carrying out atrocities of their own. Both sides are in the wrong. Both sides are perpetuating the war. Sadly, unless both sides really want peace, it is not going to happen. But at least us foreigners can actively promote peace rather than escalating the war. We must try and encourage both sides to come to the table and talk peace.
    We should also identify who is profiting from the war and name and shame them. I believe that name and shame is one of the cheapest and most effective tactics in areas with a history of violence and that it is not done nearly enough. The news always focuses on the front line and who is fighting and not nearly enough on who is really behind it all.
  13. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 Nov '12 13:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You all don't know much about the centuries old conflict there.
    I fully admit that I don't. However, the conflict is definitely not helped by segregation. I do know about the centuries old segregation here in Southern Africa and I know what segregation does.
    Segregation is wrong wrong wrong.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93531
    16 Nov '12 13:123 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Er, have you ever visited Israel? Have you seen the areas controlled by the Palestinians and the ones controlled by Israeli's?

    Try the group hug thing there and you are more likely to get shot.

    What a naive statement.

    Can't we just all get along?

    [b]You all don't know much about the centuries old conflict there.


    do they? theyve been fighting for so long theyve forgotten what for, while their forefathers slipped out the back door.
    "Er, have you ever visited Israel? "

    nope, never been.

    "Try the group hug thing there and you are more likely to get shot. "

    everybody loves a group hug.

    "You all don't know much about the centuries old conflict there."

    do they, theyve been fighting for so long they forgotten what for, while their forefathers slipped out the back door.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Nov '12 13:32
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    watching the news about isreal/gaza tonight, its a cluster fk, spinning out of control. can any of you super brainy dwellers of the spirituality forum offer me any hope? im looking for quick fix for the middle east/ isreal situation. the best solution gets a super reaffirming cyber-hug from me.
    May I suggest the Christian approach of turning the other cheek?

    Woops, I forgot neither side is Christian.

    Never mind, carry on.
Back to Top