1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 13:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    May I suggest the Christian approach of turning the other cheek?

Woops, I forgot neither side is Christian.

Never mind, carry on.
    being a christian didnt help in northern ireland. they kept trying to slap each others cheeks with semtex.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 13:50
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    being a christian didnt help in northern ireland. they kept trying to slap each others cheeks with semtex.
    Where did Jesus say to slap each other with semtex.......no......not there......no......not there.........I will keep looking.

Maybe they just can't read. 😵

It's like abortion in the US. Christians have as many abortions as those not of the faith. In fact, Catholics have more. By in large, people adopt the label "Christian" and then just live their lives how they please.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 14:39
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    it will though, marmite is the most divisive thing known to man. after giving the subject some serious thought, ive decided they need a common interest. i suggest indoor bowls. has anybody every seen a fight on a bowls green? nope. lets build thousands of them in the middle-east and force them (at gun point) to form mixed bowls clubs. problem solved.
    what in the hell are you even talking about?
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 14:541 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    what in the hell are you even talking about?
    have you never seen or witnessed the peaceful pleasures of a crown green bowls match?

google - crown green bowls. then click on images, prepare some tissues first to wipe away the tears of joy, when you witness the smooth green velvety grass and shining, jet richness of the man in creamy whites spherical orbs of rolling perfection and then the coy, nervousness of the lonely white ball, ohh how it fears the weighted precision of those ebony missiles. they get closer and closer..........ahem...where was i....errr..ill leave that there.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 10:47
    Er... they could have a talent competition?
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 12:24
    This issue in the Middle East is a religious one that goes back to Abraham, specifically Issac and Ishmael. To begin to understand the conflict, one must understand this relationship.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 13:13
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    This issue in the Middle East is a religious one that goes back to Abraham, specifically Issac and Ishmael. To begin to understand the conflict, one must understand this relationship.
    Or alternatively, It's very hot, and they have no water...
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 14:51
    nah, i dont agree. i think people use history as an excuse to vent over things that seem a little less noble than beliefs. if the standard of living was the same in palastine as it was in isreal im sure 75% of the problem would be solved. most people just want to have a nice quiet life and equality.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 16:133 edits
    Israel has been given the land by God. However, at this point they are afraid to take it all because they do not have complete faith and trust in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). They are like those people that Moses was leading. It was not until Joshua (Yahshua) became their leader that they had the courage to take the land.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 16:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Israel has been given the land by God. However, at this point they are afraid to take it all because they do not have complete faith and trust in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). They are like those people that Moses was leading. It was not until Joshua (Yahshua) became their leader that they had the courage to take the land.
    do they know the exact border line of israel when it was given by god? did god leave the plans? can they be sure they've got the right bits?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 19:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Spoken just like another one who has never been there. You are speaking from total ignorance.

I don't talk about problems in Uzbekistan because I don't know anything about the place.

I can talk about Israel and Palestine because I lived there and have friends on both sides the tweed.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 20:15
    Not really. Mainly it goes back to the aftermath of WWII when the Palestinians were dispossessed by the allies and their land given to the Jews.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 20:24
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Not really. Mainly it goes back to the aftermath of WWII when the Palestinians were dispossessed by the allies and their land given to the Jews.
    It goes back a bit further than that, there were Jewish massacres in the 1800's, villages destroyed by Palestinians where they had lived in relative peace before.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 20:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It goes back a bit further than that, there were Jewish massacres in the 1800's, villages destroyed by Palestinians where they had lived in relative peace before.
    do you feel the incidents you are referring too are still an issue for jews living in israel, when they think about what happened does it still make them angry?
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 20:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Spoken just like another one who has never been there. You are speaking from total ignorance.

I don't talk about problems in Uzbekistan because I don't know anything about the place.

I can talk about Israel and Palestine because I lived there and have friends on both sides the tweed.
    The idea that you have to have lived there in order to have a valid opinion is ridiculous, in fact there is far more chance that someone who has never been there will present a much more balanced view, You claim to have 'friends' on both sides, but from your posts I am guessing you have more friends on the Israeli side.

If being there was all that was required for a solution we would not be discussing the Israel/Palestine question, again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree