1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 12:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no i have not forgotten it, simply dismissed it as completely irrelevant.
    Irrelevant for you, but highly relevant for others.

Because whenever you use the term 'science' in the same statement as 'creationism', and the term 'pseudo-science' in the same statement as 'evolutionism', then we know that you don't know what you are talking about.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 12:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Irrelevant for you, but highly relevant for others.

Because whenever you use the term 'science' in the same statement as 'creationism', and the term 'pseudo-science' in the same statement as 'evolutionism', then we know that you don't know what you are talking about.
    irrelevant spam!
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 12:20
    irrelevant spam!
    So when the debate turns to a direction you don't like you call it irrelevant spam, right? Remember who wrote the word 'pseudo-science' first? You did. You brought up this topic. And I have proved that you don't know wht pseudo-science is.

For your information: Creationism is pseudo-science. Do you belive in Creationism, then you embrace pseudo-science. Your comment that 'the religious gene' is pseudo-science is of no foundation.

You avoid the question altogether, that proves that you know that you are wrong.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 12:25
    So when the debate turns to a direction you don't like you call it irrelevant spam, right? Remember who wrote the word 'pseudo-science' first? You did. You brought up this topic. And I have proved that you don't know wht pseudo-science is.

For your information: Creationism is pseudo-science. Do you belive in Creationism, then you embrace pseudo-science ...[text shortened]... ation.

You avoid the question altogether, that proves that you know that you are wrong.
    i know spam when i read it.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 12:391 edit
    i know spam when i read it.
    Yes, you know, because you are used to produce it.
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 18:341 edit
    sigh, the Human Genome Project has been mapped, there is no such thing as a 'religiosity gene', which predisposes a person towards a particular religious point of view. Same as the mythical gay gene which is supposed to predispose someone towards a particular so called 'sexual orientation', its just a nonsense, it does not exist! pure tooth fairy!. ...[text shortened]... as king!

haha, genetics, the materialists panacea for all! All hail the God of Science!
    “...sigh, the Human Genome Project has been mapped, there is no such thing as a 'religiosity gene', ...”

...and they didn't say that!

“...which predisposes a person towards a particular religious point of view. ...”

..and they didn't say anything about “ predisposes a person towards a particular religious point of view” nor was it implied. They said:

“religious genes they carry (which encompass other personality traits, such as obedience and conservativism) will still spread throughout society, according to the model’s numerical simulations”

there is absolutely no sugestion nor hint there that a gene could “ predisposes a person towards a PARTICULAR religious point of view” (and ALL religious beliefs are irrational so makes no difference which ones you choose anyway) and no hint that a PARTICULAR gene would predispose you towards a PARTICULAR religioun or religious point of veiw.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 21:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And if that is the case, why have we not heard from your purported god? It would seem to me the last 100 years have been arguably the most evil years of the last 2000. So why did your god supposedly appear then but now when christians need it the most, it never shows up? Sounds like a fair weather god to me.
    "And if that is the case, why have we not heard from your purported god?"

The "case" is you do and have heard from God. That is if you read His Word.

"It would seem to me the last 100 years have been arguably the most evil years of the last 2000. So why did your god supposedly appear then but now when christians need it the most, it never shows up?"

Yes the last century has been "arguably" the most evil considering the increase in the numbers of people populating the planet.

God will appear in His own time. Not yours or mine.

"Sounds like a fair weather god to me."

Be rational. If God were a "fair weather" God, and the days be more evil than ever, then why are we still believers?

Romans 2:7 - To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Romans 12:12 - Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

2 Thessalonians 3:5 - And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

He will return. What will you say then?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 22:081 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...sigh, the Human Genome Project has been mapped, there is no such thing as a 'religiosity gene', ...”

...and they didn't say that!

“...which predisposes a person towards a particular religious point of view. ...”

..and they didn't say anything about “ predisposes a person towards a particular religious point of view” nor was it implied. T ...[text shortened]... ICULAR gene would predispose you towards a PARTICULAR religioun or religious point of veiw.
    Rowthorn has developed a model that shows that the genetic components that predispose a person toward religion are currently “hitchhiking” on the back of the religious cultural practice of high fertility rates.

One even wonders if you read the article in question! Get over it Spanky, there is no religiosity gene, there is no gay gene, you people are guilty of politicising issues using non science!
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 02:30
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The anti Christ is already amongst us.

Every person who upholds false teachings and presents error as truth are the anti-Christ.

That would mean Christians who support the error in the Bible are themselves the anti Christ.

Isn't that ironic..........the Christians themselves are the anti-Christ.

This is true because what is the anti-Christ?... ...[text shortened]... teachings of the Old Testament.

Remove the error and you will no longer be the anti-Christ.
    The anti-christ is already amongst us, yes. The aliens have already invaded.

But there is no "concioous" anti-christ. God represents coniousness, on all levels, so it is the mass ignorance ,(of our true natures), that feeds that one entity that we refer to as "anti-christ".

If we stop feeding the "ignorance", it will die through stavation. Not to mention it was created by false thinking in the first place, so its just a matter of time before it dies out.

Here's a quote form David Rockefeller (the current head of the Rockefeller empire) , from his own memoirs written in 2002: "Some even believe we [the Rockefeller family] are a part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the Unitied Staes, characterizing my family as "internationalists" and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge , I stand guilty, and am proud of it."
    You see. Pure ignorance coming from one who is one of the most powerful single people in the world today
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 03:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"And if that is the case, why have we not heard from your purported god?"

The "case" is you do and have heard from God. That is if you read His Word.

"It would seem to me the last 100 years have been arguably the most evil years of the last 2000. So why did your god supposedly appear then but now when christians need it the most, it never ...[text shortened]... o the [b]patient waiting for Christ.

He will return. What will you say then?[/b]
    We seem to agree that the last 100 years were arguably the most evil years in the last 2000. So it stands to reason, there is no god coming down to judge anybody and all you poor deluded christians are doomed to spend your lives with blinders on, not knowing how to really live without constant reverence to your bible, written by men and not a word coming from a god. The further into the future we get, with newer complications of moral dilemma's and complexities of life that bears absolutely no relation to a 2000 year old book and needs new definitions of morality, christianity becomes more and more irrelevant in this new society we seem to be in the opening rounds of.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 03:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The anti-christ is already amongst us, yes. The aliens have already invaded.

But there is no "concioous" anti-christ. God represents coniousness, on all levels, so it is the mass ignorance ,(of our true natures), that feeds that one entity that we refer to as "anti-christ".

If we stop feeding the "ignorance", it will die through stavation. Not to ...[text shortened]... nce coming from one who is one of the most powerful single people in the world today
    Your point taken....

May I add

Anti Christ is made up of two words..

Christ and ........"anti"

And any person place or thing, that is against the pure true teachings of the Christ is anti, or is working against.

So what is working against the pure teachings of Jesus.?

Error and false teachings presented in the Bible, Koran, and Judaism.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 06:201 edit
    What you think is practically irrelevant.....
    Well then there is no point in discussing anything and one wonders why you bothered replying to my post. The point of this forum is discussion and debate, and if you have no interest in other posters opinions, you might as well not bother coming here.
    As for the rest of your reply, you clearly didn't even read what I wrote (I presume because you think what I say is irrelevant.) You are deliberately living in ignorance with your hands over your ears.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 08:551 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well then there is no point in discussing anything and one wonders why you bothered replying to my post. The point of this forum is discussion and debate, and if you have no interest in other posters opinions, you might as well not bother coming here.
    As for the rest of your reply, you clearly didn't even read what I wrote (I presume because you think wh ...[text shortened]... I say is irrelevant.) You are deliberately living in ignorance with your hands over your ears.
    Yes you are correct, there is no point in debating matters with rank materialists who do not know the difference between established science and utter postulation. What is more, the purpose of this forum is to discuss, and i reiterate it for your benefit for it seems to have escaped you at present,

Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Not to reduce it to base materialism and non spirituality which is what you people are intent on doing. Thank you for sparing me the ordeal of a pointless and fruitless discussion over non realities!
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 09:071 edit
    Yes you are correct, there is no point in debating matters with rank materialists who do not know the difference between established science and utter postulation. What is more, the purpose of this forum is to discuss, and i reiterate it for your benefit for it seems to have escaped you at present,

Debate and general discussion of the supernat Thank you for sparing me the ordeal of a pointless and fruitless discussion over non realities!
    "who do not know the difference between established science and utter postulation."

Here you go again. Evolution is established science, creationism is not. If you don't know the difference yourself, then why are you brining these terms up, again and again? And furmermore, in a spiritual forum? I don't get it, I just cannot!

You cannot muffle everyone that does not agree with you. That's called censorship and is a sign of cultism. Free debate is the enemy of all cultists.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 09:20
    "who do not know the difference between established science and utter postulation."

Here you go again. Evolution is established science, creationism is not. If you don't know the difference yourself, then why are you brining these terms up, again and again? And furmermore, in a spiritual forum? I don't get it, I just cannot!

You cannot muffle everyo ...[text shortened]... hat's called censorship and is a sign of cultism. Free debate is the enemy of all cultists.
    creationism has nothing to do with the context of this discussion, you have been asked to produce evidence of a religiosity gene, you have FAILED, the OP is therefore based not on scientific fact, but pure and utter postulation. It has, in this case illustrated the point that unscrupulous individuals are willing to use non science to establish a political point of view.

I dont care if anyone disagrees with me or not, again that's another irrelevant and useless assertion. Base materialists are the enemy of spirituality!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree