1. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 12:231 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    "Creationism is a religious belief."

Yes, I agree. It has nothing to do with science.
    No it has everything to do with science, it simply interprets scientific data differently. For example, one observes the physical world and draws certain inferences (not proofs) about the nature of God. If i just keep nodding and smiling, will that be enough for you?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 13:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No it has everything to do with science, it simply interprets scientific data differently. For example, one observes the physical world and draws certain inferences (not proofs) about the nature of God. If i just keep nodding and smiling, will that be enough for you?
    So now, suddenly, you change your mind?

You bring in your god as the creator of the scientific creationism idea of yours? Then you have to scientifically prove that there certainly is such a god.

So go ahead - Prove that there is a creationism god! Or, propose an experiment that really can be used prove an existance of a creator god.

When you fail with this, then come back and tell us that you earlier was wrong.

Because, you see, god isn't part of the nature, he is a supernatural being. Therefore not science. If you try to prove creationism, then you are dealing with pseudo-science.

And by this I have proved that you don't know the difference between science and pseudo-science.

Can you discuss this without going even further off-topic? And if you do: Tell us that you are allowed to go off-topic, and not others?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 14:391 edit
    So now, suddenly, you change your mind?

You bring in your god as the creator of the scientific creationism idea of yours? Then you have to scientifically prove that there certainly is such a god.

So go ahead - Prove that there is a creationism god! Or, propose an experiment that really can be used prove an existance of a creator god.

When you fai urther off-topic? And if you do: Tell us that you are allowed to go off-topic, and not others?
    Haha, was old Fabian harbouring some serious misconceptions??? Its no fun having someone point out that your preconceptions are in fact null and void, non realities based on mere opinion and assumptions, ask Zapansy, or Agers, or Noobster, they also made the same mistake, I for my part am simply content to nod and smile 😀
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 15:521 edit
    Haha, was old Fabian harbouring some serious misconceptions??? Its no fun having someone point out that your preconceptions are in fact null and void, non realities based on mere opinion and assumptions, ask Zapansy, or Agers, or Noobster, they also made the same mistake, I for my part am simply content to nod and smile 😀
    Sorry, I don't know any Zapansy, and Noobster User 196163 is not very active on the forum, so I don't know who you're alking about...
    I usually call my friends here, including you, with their name. With christian respect. Not childishly disrespectful. I suggest you do so too.

If everyone else has one opinion, and you another - don't you think that you might be wrog, and the others right? Do you really think that you are the only true-teller in the forums? Ask our friend Vishvahetu, and you will get a straight answer.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 16:12
    Sorry, I don't know any Zapansy, and Noobster User 196163 is not very active on the forum, so I don't know who you're alking about...
    I usually call my friends here, including you, with their name. With christian respect. Not childishly disrespectful. I suggest you do so too.

If everyone else has one opinion, and you another - don't you think th ...[text shortened]... ly true-teller in the forums? Ask our friend Vishvahetu, and you will get a straight answer.
    smiles and Nods, better check what your adversary actually professes before attacking his belief system, could end up, your cyber rockets u turn and return to base 🙂
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 17:231 edit
    Rowthorn has developed a model that shows that [b]the genetic components that predispose a person toward religion are currently “hitchhiking” on the back of the religious cultural practice of high fertility rates.

One even wonders if you read the article in question! Get over it Spanky, there is no religiosity gene, there is no gay gene, you people are guilty of politicising issues using non science![/b]
    “...Rowthorn has developed a model that shows that the genetic components that predispose a person toward RELIGION are currently “hitchhiking” on the back of the religious cultural practice of high fertility rates. ….” (my emphasis)

exactly! “ toward RELIGION “ ! NOT “ toward a particular religious point of view“ !
    I challenge you to show where it says/implies “ toward a particular religious point of view“ !

Unless you erroneously equate “ toward RELIGION “ with “ toward a particular religious point of view“ ?
    If so, where is the logical contradiction in something predispose a person toward RELIGION but no a particular religion or religious point of view -just any sort of religion ?

"...One even wonders if you read the article in question!..."

one wonders how you can misunderstand so much of what you read.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 18:471 edit
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...Rowthorn has developed a model that shows that the genetic components that predispose a person toward RELIGION are currently “hitchhiking” on the back of the religious cultural practice of high fertility rates. ….” (my emphasis)

exactly! “ toward RELIGION “ ! NOT “ toward a particular religious point of view“ !
    I challenge you to show where he article in question!..."

one wonders how you can misunderstand so much of what you read.
    towards religion or towards a religious point of view, or a religious perspective, or a religious outlook, or the adoption of religious tenets etc etc are essentially one and the same. Your objection is of course reflective of the petty pedantic reasoning we have come to expect from the pure materialist. One wonders if you shall ever get over your room full of mirrors so that you are able to stop projecting with your mind and assigning erroneous values to others.
  8. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 19:10
    towards religion or towards a religious point of view, or a religious perspective, or a religious outlook, or the adoption of religious tenets etc etc are essentially one and the same. Your objection is of course reflective of the petty pedantic reasoning we have come to expect from the pure materialist. One wonders if you shall ever get over your r ...[text shortened]... so that you are able to stop projecting with your mind and assigning erroneous values to others.
    “...towards religion or towards a religious point of view, …....................etc are essentially one and the same. ...”

You have just shifted your position in the above from what you said before and hoped I wouldn't notice:
    you didn't previously say “ towards a religious point of view” (like above) but previously said “towards a PARTICULAR religious point of view “ (my emphasis) but now dropped the word “ PARTICULAR” to contrive the two to make them sound equivalent.

reminder of what you said in your first post in this thread:

“...sigh, the Human Genome Project has been mapped, there is no such thing as a 'religiosity gene', which predisposes a person towards a PARTICULAR religious point of view. ...” (my emphasis)

so becoming a theist equates to, say, specifically having the PARTICULAR religious point of view that only Christian religion is the “correct” religion AND specifically having the PARTICULAR religious point of view that only Muslim religion is the “correct” religion.
    This isn't playing with semantics; one really doesn't equate with the other!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 19:164 edits
    “...towards religion or towards a religious point of view, …....................etc are essentially one and the same. ...”

You have just shifted your position in the above from what you said before and hoped I wouldn't notice:
    you didn't previously say “ towards a religious point of view” (like above) but previously said “towards a PARTICULAR rel t” religion.
    This isn't playing with semantics; one really doesn't equate with the other!
    please spare me the pettiness of it, towards a particular religious point of view is achieved by what mechanism? adopting religious tenets, therefore they are one and the same, your attempt to assert that they are somehow different is simply childish. I am simply uninterested in your pedantry. What the particular point of view was, was not stated and i cannot recall defining one either, making your assertion ludicrous. It really is bottom of the barrel stuff.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 19:342 edits
    towards religion or towards a religious point of view, or a religious perspective, or a religious outlook, or the adoption of religious tenets etc etc are essentially one and the same. Your objection is of course reflective of the petty pedantic reasoning we have come to expect from the pure materialist. One wonders if you shall ever get over your r ...[text shortened]... so that you are able to stop projecting with your mind and assigning erroneous values to others.
    Garbage!

Difference between religion and *particular* religion is to pedantry what difference between the integers and -42937 is to pedantry. Religion is a very large box, and your particular religion is one thing amongst many inside that box. No one is being pedantic.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Garbage!

Difference between religion and *particular* religion is to pedantry what difference between the integers and -42937 is to pedantry.
    perhaps to you number crunching materialistic pedantic borgs, but not to us free spirited arteests!
  12. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 20:02
    please spare me the pettiness of it, towards a particular religious point of view is achieved by what mechanism? adopting religious tenets, therefore they are one and the same, your attempt to assert that they are somehow different is simply childish. I am simply uninterested in your pedantry. What the particular point of view was, was not stated ...[text shortened]... defining one either, making your assertion ludicrous. It really is bottom of the barrel stuff.
    “...please spare me the pettiness of it, towards a particular religious point of view is achieved by what mechanism? adopting religious TENETS, therefore they are one and the same, ...” (my emphasis)

I didn't say this.
    I didn't say that “towards a particular religious point of view” is different from “ adopting religious TENETS” and you know it.
    I didn't even mention the word “ TENETS”.
    What I said is that “towards a PARTICULAR religious point of view” does not equate with “towards religion” (which is correct) and please stop putting words in my mouth.

“...your attempt to assert that they are somehow different is simply childish. ...”

where did I say “towards a particular religious point of view” is different from “ adopting religious TENETS” ?
    I didn't.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 20:49
    “...please spare me the pettiness of it, towards a particular religious point of view is achieved by what mechanism? adopting religious TENETS, therefore they are one and the same, ...” (my emphasis)

I didn't say this.
    I didn't say that “towards a particular religious point of view” is different from “ adopting religious TENETS” and you know it. ...[text shortened]... ticular religious point of view” is different from “ adopting religious TENETS” ?
    I didn't.
    whatever, i find it easier now just to nod and smile!
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 21:09
    whatever, i find it easier now just to nod and smile!
    I am also happy with you smile and nod. It's not every day you learn something new. And are happy about it. And smiling.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 21:201 edit
    I am also happy with you smile and nod. It's not every day you learn something new. And are happy about it. And smiling.
    well seeing that the day is almost over, ill be nice to you materialists, even though you've been horrible to me!

Nods and Smiles 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree