1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 16:15
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    “Then he will say 41 to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire that has been prepared for the devil and his angels! "

is this not a biblical description of hell?
    no, Satan and angels are spirit creatures, they cannot be harmed by fire.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 16:16
    Originally posted by sonship
    no they are translating a term which means the common grave as Hell, which is something quite different. Attempts have been made to substantiate the doctrine, but it does not hold up under scrutiny and the weight of evidence.

Under scrutiny you are incorrect about Christ [not] discribing such a punishment.

And now I put the ques ...[text shortened]... n born." (Matt. 26:24)

Can you answer just this specific question without evasion ?[/b]
    no sorry, i cannot.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 16:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no, Satan and angels are spirit creatures, they cannot be harmed by fire.
    so what does the quote mean? it seems to be implying there is an eternal fire set aside for satan, his angels and all the people who do not get saved.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 16:48
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    so what does the quote mean? it seems to be implying there is an eternal fire set aside for satan, his angels and all the people who do not get saved.
    fire is a symbol of destruction, put something in a fire and its destroyed.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 May '13 17:021 edit
    can you be a little more specific? are all religions involved in these killings?
    It seems there are three characteristics of "killer religions":

1. Belief that they are the one true religion,
    2. Belief that other religions and the non-religious are out to kill them,
    3. The absence, for a few generations, of their founding guides.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 17:08
    fire is a symbol of destruction, put something in a fire and its destroyed.
    ahh, i see. its not a very good symbolism then. fire holds so many other meanings that would jump to mind before total destruction. seems like an odd word to chose when there as so many better ones.

also it doesnt seem to work when the prase 'lake of fire' is used. why lake? lake of fire doesnt conjure thoughts of annihilation. but i get what you are saying though.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '13 18:40
    no sorry, i cannot.
    You had better make sure then, while you are going house to house teaching people that there is no eternal suffering in the Bible according to JW dogma, that you are not misrepresenting the oracles of God.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 18:441 edit
    You had better make sure then, while you are going house to house teaching people that there is no eternal suffering in the Bible according to JW dogma, that you are not misrepresenting the oracles of God.
    I teach people about Gods Kingdom, no eternal suffering once Gods Kingdom establishes itself, Satan and his daemonic hordes will be abyssesd , eventually destroyed, mankind slowly brought back to perfection where they will enjoy everlasting life on a paradise earth. As for the wicked, they will be no more. Cease to exist.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '13 18:576 edits
    Your answer that you could not answer was honest.
    Perhaps it could be even more honest that you don't want to speculate what Jesus might have been refering to.

I teach people about Gods Kingdom, no eternal suffering once Gods Kingdom establishes itself, Satan and his daemonic hordes will be abyssesd , eventually destroyed, mankind slowly brought back to perfection where they will enjoy everlasting life on a paradise earth. As for the wicked, they will be no more.

This is no excuse to say there is no eternal perdition when the Bible teaches there is.

"I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this scroll.

And if anyone takes away from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and out of the holy city, which is written in this scroll." (Revelation 22:18,19)

You should tremble to add or to subtract from the words of the Holy Bible and especially the Revelation as its conclusion.

I would also remind you that Paul told Timothy to be impartial towards the truth, teaching God's oracles without preference.

"I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus and the chosen angels that you keep these things without prejudice, doing nothing by way of partiality." (1 Timothy 5:21)

You do not have to LIKE everything God has revealed. If you think you are a teacher of God's word you have to seek Him that you would be impartial and teach His word without prejudice.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 19:021 edit
    Your answer that you could not answer was honest.
    Perhaps it could be even more honest that you don't want to speculate what Jesus might have been refering to.

[quote]
    I teach people about Gods Kingdom, no eternal suffering once Gods Kingdom establishes itself, Satan and his daemonic hordes will be abyssesd , eventually destroyed, mankind slowly br rd you have to seek Him that you would be impartial and teach His word without prejudice.
    Ill take my chances before the judgement seat of the Christ if you dont mind.

As for assertions of honesty or dishonesty, its nothing more than an ad hominem seeking to justify your arguments by attacking the person making the claims.

The dead are conscious of nothing, the Great King Solomon said as much, the Psalmist makes it clear that the wicked shall be torn away from the earth, now if the dead are not conscious, they cannot feel pain, can they.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '13 19:13

Ill take my chances before the judgement seat of the Christ if you dont mind.

The judgment seat of Christ is ONLY for those who are redeemed by the blood of Jesus, who are regenerated with the Holy Spirit and are saved.

I hope you realize this.
    The judgment seat of Christ is only for those who are definitely saved.

The organization you are in does not teach salvation according to the New Testament. So you must be sure that you are QUALIFIED to appear before the judgment seat of Christ.

As for assertions of honesty or dishonesty, its nothing more than an ad hominem seeking to justify your arguments by attacking the person making the claims.

There is no ad hominem. You said that you could not tell me what could possibly be so bad that it would be better if Judas had not been born. Do I have to tell you the obvious ?

Eternal suffering in consciousness is worse for Judas.
    You say you don't know.
    Well, some of us do know that it has to be eternal perdition for Judas - "the son of perdition".

The dead are conscious of nothing, the Psalmist makes it clear that the wicked shall be torn away from the earth, now if the dead are not conscious, they cannot feel pain, can they.

Being torn away from the earth is one matter.
    Being torn away from the earth as the rich man was in Luke 16 did not mean he was not conscious of the suffering punishment he was undergoing.

And if there is no such suffering then Jesus would have been unrighteous to speak that teaching in which there clearly IS a suffering for the unredeemed so "torn away from the earth."

Christ is unrighteous to teach eternal punishment if there is no eternal punishment.

And what is non-existent cannot be rewarded or punished.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 May '13 23:15
    Originally posted by Phranny
    As an agnostic humanist, I often get the impression that Christians feel so uncontrollably evil inside that the only thing keeping them from doing evil deeds is their fear of eternal suffering in Hell. I find this lack of true compassion and love very sad.
    Did you ever stop and think that you're delusional?

Christians are the same as everyone else. There is a difference, but I'm sure you don't really want to know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree