1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 09:21
    Here we go again,riots in Bangladesh ,speak against their religion you should die,atheist bloggers should die,less rights for women just throw acid at them! Give me humanism every time!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 09:27
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Here we go again,riots in Bangladesh ,speak against their religion you should die,atheist bloggers should die,less rights for women just throw acid at them! Give me humanism every time!
    can you be a little more specific? are all religions involved in these killings?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '13 10:332 edits
    Give me humanism every time!

Please give atheism a chance.

Joseph Stalin anyone ?

Mao Tsetung anyone ?

Nicolae Ceausescu anyone ?

Pol Pot anyone ?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 May '13 10:50
    Originally posted by sonship

Joseph Stalin anyone ?

Mao Tsetung anyone ?

Pol Pot anyone ?
    I don't think any of those people subscribed to humanism, so I fail to see what your point is?!
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 11:08

Joseph Stalin anyone ?

Mao Tsetung anyone ?

Pol Pot anyone ?
    i would blame stalins father who was a priest and physically abused him for the brutal man stalin became rather than cheaply laying it at the feet of atheism.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 11:12
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i would blame stalins father who was a priest and physically abused him for the brutal man stalin became rather than cheaply laying it at the feet of atheism.
    yeah just like a namby pamby secular liberal to try to mitigate the reality. Face the facts, atheism has produced more horrendous killers than than the meanest medieval crusader could hope to aspire to.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 May '13 11:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah just like a namby pamby secular liberal to try to mitigate the reality. Face the facts, atheism has produced more horrendous killers than than the meanest medieval crusader could hope to aspire to.
    Explain to me how these people's atheism drove them to commit the horrors they did.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 May '13 11:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Explain to me how these people's atheism drove them to commit the horrors they did.
    They were motivated to establish an atheistic state and to crush all who opposed their world view.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 May '13 11:55
    They were motivated to establish an atheistic state and to crush all who opposed their world view.
    You can just as easily say they were all motivated to establish a communist state and to crush all who opposed their world view. Why do you claim that atheism produced these killers and not communism?
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 12:02
    are you mitigating child abuse to score religious points?
  11. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 12:18
    What history books are you religious people reading?More people have been killed,maimed ,brutalised and oppressed in the name of a religion than any other cause.If you had not noticed all man made despots are eventually overcome because they are seen to be MANMADE unlike many religions who claim Divine Right and certain types of people continue to believe it.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 May '13 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by OdBod
    What history books are you religious people reading?More people have been killed,maimed ,brutalised and oppressed in the name of a religion than any other cause.If you had not noticed all man made despots are eventually overcome because they are seen to be MANMADE unlike many religions who claim Divine Right and certain types of people continue to believe it.
    Atheism is manmade.

You can't blame parents for people's sins.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 May '13 12:43

Of course you would. You could blame his barber, his landlord, his great grand uncle, his next door neighbor, his plumber, his third cousin.

Sure you could rationalize that it was some religious person somewhere in his past.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 12:55
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Atheism is manmade.

You can't blame parents for people's sins.
    "You can't blame parents for people's sins."

can you congratulate a parent when they produce a wonderful child?
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 May '13 12:59

Of course you would. You could blame his barber, his landlord, his great grand uncle, his next door neighbor, his plumber, his third cousin.

Sure you could rationalize that it was some religious person somewhere in his past.
    blimey......i wasnt blaming religion. i was pointing out that blaming atheism for his actions is just as ridiculous as blaming religion for his fathers actions. atheism, just like christianity doesnt create violence, a violent person creates violence and a violent person is created because of their life experiences or a brain defect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree