Religious tolerance

Religious tolerance

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Dec 07

Judging by your replies it's easy to see you are intolerant bigots.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Dec 07

Originally posted by josephw
They're dead anyway.

Honestly, I'd like them to know Jesus, but as long as they continue to murder innocent people, why should they be allowed to live?

Think it through why don't you? Do you have to be so anti-Christian that your head is fogged up about intolerance?
Don't you think that everybody has a right to live? They should not be allowed to murder innocent people (or guilty people for that matter), of course. I don't approve of the death penalty for anyone, and the idea of people killing each other doesn't give me any joy, no matter how much I may dislike their beliefs or actions.

I don't have anything against Christians (as long as they don't try to force their beliefs on me or other people), I just don't share their beliefs anymore.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Dec 07

You deny the existence of God, and then call him a monster as though he exists.
You believe in monsters?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Dec 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
Don't you think that everybody has a right to live? They should not be allowed to murder innocent people (or guilty people for that matter), of course. I don't approve of the death penalty for anyone, and the idea of people killing each other doesn't give me any joy, no matter how much I may dislike their beliefs or actions.

I don't have anything against ...[text shortened]... y to force their beliefs on me or other people), I just don't share their beliefs anymore.
Anymore?

If you ever knew Christ in the first place.

The debate about capital punishment has been hashed out in this forum before.

Murders should be executed. It's called justice. Otherwise we may as well be anarchists.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Dec 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
You believe in monsters?
You're showing your age. Try reading the post I replied to before making inane comments.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Dec 07

You're showing your age. Try reading the post I replied to before making inane comments.
Thanks for the ad hominem. I read the post. He was saying that you worship a monster. A monster can be a number of things, but in this context I understand it as an allusion to a fictional evil being. So calling your god a monster suggests that he does not exist. But of course I can't read LemonJello's thoughts; I hope he'll correct me if I am wrong.

N

The sky

Moves
12 Dec 07

Anymore?

If you ever knew Christ in the first place.

The debate about capital punishment has been hashed out in this forum before.

Murders should be executed. It's called justice. Otherwise we may as well be anarchists.
Whether or not I knew Christ is debatable - if by "know Christ" you mean a personal relationship with Christ, of course I don't believe anymore that I ever "knew Christ" as I don't believe that's possible - but even if I didn't, I still shared the beliefs. I was only a teenager, I was impressionable and desperately wanted to believe, but that doesn't mean I wasn't serious about my faith.

What became of Matthew 5:38-39, or Matthew 5:44? And what became of the fifth/sixth (depending on how you count) commandment, "You shall not kill"? Also, to say that it's either execution or anarchy is ridiculous. I didn't say there shouldn't be any consequences for murdering someone.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
12 Dec 07

You deny the existence of God, and then call him a monster as though he exists. Grow up!
You can't be this dense.

If someone called King Kong a monster, would you also claim they think King Kong exists?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Dec 07

This is where I quit posting in this thread. Bizarre arguments.

d

Moves
12 Dec 07

This is where I quit posting in this thread.
Hallelujah.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Dec 07

Originally posted by darthmix
Hallelujah.
That's my line!

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Dec 07

This is where I quit posting in this thread.
pwned.

L

Moves
13 Dec 07
1 edit

You deny the existence of God, and then call him a monster as though he exists. Grow up!
You crack me up. I wasn't trying to ascribe the property of being monstrous to God as if I were committing myself to the idea that he is some existent thing. Geez, if we took the time to be rigorous with how we talk about nonexistents, we'd never get anywhere in this particular forum! When I say that you worship a monster here, I am saying something about the hideousness of your own moral notions. Your own sacred accounts show him as often angry, petty, jealous, homophobic, genocidal, unjust, and the like. That you think this sort of behavior is consistent with the pinnacle of moral exemplarity doesn't reflect well. Anyway, my point was that your own putative moral exemplar seems no more tolerant than the radicals you're ragging on in this thread.

N

The sky

Moves
13 Dec 07

Originally posted by LemonJello
Anyway, my point was that your own putative moral exemplar seems no more tolerant than the radicals you're ragging on in this thread.
Can't you see that he's much more tolerant? He's not a killer like them. He only wants them killed.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Dec 07

Originally posted by LemonJello
You crack me up. I wasn't trying to ascribe the property of being monstrous to God as if I were committing myself to the idea that he is some existent thing. Geez, if we took the time to be rigorous with how we talk about nonexistents, we'd never get anywhere in this particular forum! When I say that you worship a monster here, I am saying something ab ...[text shortened]... ve moral exemplar seems no more tolerant than the radicals you're ragging on in this thread.
He does exist in spite of what you think. And because of your misguided education about who and what God is you will continue to think you are above anyone who knows and worships a kind and loving father/God.
You've been lied to about God by people who don't know him. They have misrepresented the character of God, and have twisted the truth to support they're hateful doctrine.

You've been duped.