1. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 14:40
    As you well know, we are getting closer to my birthday. Every year there is a celebration in

my honor and I think that this year the celebration will be repeated. During this time there

are many people shopping for gifts, there are many radio announcements, TV commercials,

and in every part of the world everyone is talking that my birthday is getting closer and closer.

It is really very nice to know, that at least once a year, some people think of me. As you know,

the celebration of my birthday began many years ago. At first people seemed to understand and

be thankful of all that I did for them, but in these times, no one seems to know the reason for

the celebration. Family and friends get together and have a lot of fun, but they don't know the

meaning of the celebration.

I remember that last year there was a great feast in my honor. The dinner table was full of

delicious foods, pastries, fruits, assorted nuts and chocolates. The decorations were exquisite

and there were many, many beautifully wrapped gifts. But, do you want to know something? I wasn't

invited. I was the guest of honor and they didn't remember to send me an invitation.

The party was for me, but when that great day came, I was left outside, they closed the

door in my face......... and I wanted to be with them and share their table.

In truth, that didn't surprise me because in the last few years all close their doors to me.

Since I was not invited, I decided to enter the party without making any noise. I went in and

stood in a corner. They were all drinking; there were some who were drunk and telling jokes and

laughing at everything. They were having a great time. To top it all, this big fat man all dressed

in red wearing a long white beard entered the room yelling Ho-Ho-Ho! He seemed drunk. He sat on

the sofa and all the children ran to him, saying : "Santa Claus, Santa Claus"... as if the party

were in his honor !

At 12 midnight all the people began to hug each other ; I extended my arms waiting for someone

to hug me and .... do you know .... no one hugged me.

Suddenly they all began to share gifts. They opened them one by one with great expectation.

When all had been opened, I looked to see if, maybe, there was one for me.

What would you feel if on your birthday everybody shared gifts and you did not get one ? I then

understood that I was unwanted at that party and quietly left.

Every year it gets worse. People only remember to eat and drink, the gifts, the parties and

nobody remembers me. I would like this Christmas that you allow me to enter into your life.

I would like that you recognize the fact that almost two thousand years ago I came to this

world to give my life for you, on the cross, to save you. Today, I only want that you believe

this with all you heart.

I want to share something with you. As many didn't invite me to their party, I will have my

own celebration, a grandiose party that no one has ever imagined, a spectacular party.

I'm still making the final arrangements. Today I am sending out many invitations and there is

an invitation for you. I want to know if you wish to attend and I will make a reservation for

you and write your name with golden letters in my great guest book. Only those on the guest

list will be invited to the party. Those who don't answer the invitation, will be left outside.

Do you know how you can answer this invitation? it is by extending it to others whom you care for...

I'll be waiting for all of you to attend my party this year...

See you soon .... I love you !

-Jesus-
  2. London
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 14:54
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    As you well know, we are getting closer to my birthday. Every year there is a celebration in

my honor and I think that this year the celebration will be repeated. During this time there

are many people shopping for gifts, there are many radio announcements, TV commercials,

and in every part of the world everyone is talking that my birthday is ge ...[text shortened]... or all of you to attend my party this year...

See you soon .... I love you !

-Jesus-
    Thank you for that one.

Although, IMHO that last bit sounded too much like Jesus's own party was a way of "getting back" at all the people who rejected Him...
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 14:55

-Jesus-
    Say, flyU. Would you mind showing me where, in the Bible, it states that Jesus was born on December 25th? Thanks very much in advance.
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 14:56
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Thank you for that one....
    How about you, Hamster? 25th? December? Jesus, born? TIA.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 14:56
    That party sounds super lame.
  6. London
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 14:59
    Originally posted by David C
    How about you, Hamster? 25th? December? Jesus, born? TIA.
    I'm not really bothered whether it really was 25th of December or not. And I have a feeling He's not that bothered about us getting it perfectly right either - as long as we remember His birth.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:00
    What would you feel if on your birthday everybody shared gifts and you did not get one ?
    Are we supposed to buy gifts for corpses now? Jesus, it never ends!
  8. London
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:00
    Originally posted by darvlay
    That party sounds super lame.
    Surely you're not going to turn down the free food & booze? 🙄
  9. London
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:01
    But we do buy flowers for the dead. 😉
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:09
    The sarcasm never ends.
  11. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:11
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The sarcasm never ends.
    The sanctimony never ends.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:12
    Have a candy cane.
  13. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:14
    As I was saying.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:15
    As I was saying.
    What are you getting Jesus for his birthday?
  15. London
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 15:16
    The sarcasm never ends.
    Not necessarily darv, and not necessarily in this case - but I sometimes think the anti-Christian brigade on this forum confuses sarcasm for syllogism (or think we will be confused).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree