1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 16:112 edits
    Robbie Carrobie announces unanimously that I just write long monologues speaking into the air.

Is anyone interested in me writing and discussing Revlation 17,18 about religious and material Babylon ? I don't expect him to read any of it.

From my part it will be Christ centric and Christ exalting more than "bashing" anyone.

Maybe Robbie is right. Anyone interested in reading what I would write and discuss about these chapters in Revelation ?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 16:49
    Originally posted by sonship
    Robbie Carrobie announces unanimously that I just write long monologues speaking into the air.

Is anyone interested in me writing and discussing [b]Revlation 17,18
    about religious and material Babylon ? I don't expect him to read any of it.

From my part it will be Christ centric and Christ exalting more than "bashing" anyone.

Maybe Robbie is ...[text shortened]... Anyone interested in reading what I would write and discuss about these chapters in Revelation ?[/b]
    Sure.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 03:411 edit

Is anyone interested in me writing and discussing [b]Revlation 17,18
    about religious and material Babylon ? I don't expect him to read any of it.

Maybe Robbie is ...[text shortened]... Anyone interested in reading what I would write and discuss about these chapters in Revelation ?[/b]
    The legs of iron with the feet and toes of Daniel 2 and the fourth beast of Daniel 7 are the same kingdom. These empires ruled what are today the Middle East and parts of North Africa, Central and South Asia.
    Daniel 2:40-43 NASB
    Then there will be a fourth kingdom as strong as iron; inasmuch as iron crushes and shatters all things, so, like iron that breaks in pieces, it will crush and break all these in pieces, In that you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, it will be a divided kingdom; but it will have in it the toughness of iron, inasmuch as you saw the iron mixed with common clay. As the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of pottery, so some of the kingdom will be strong and part of it will be brittle. And in that you saw the iron mixed with common clay, they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with pottery.

That fourth kingdom will crush ALL the other kingdoms. This means this 4th kingdom will have crushed, or conquered, all the areas of the Babylonian, Medo-Persian, and Grecian kingdoms. Since Rome did not conquer most of these areas, the fourth beast of Daniel 2 must be the Islamic Caliphate that included the Turkish Ottoman Empire.
    Daniel 7:7 NASB
    After this I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrifying and extremely strong; and it had large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet; and it was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.

This is picked up again in Revelation 13 and 17.
    Revelation 17:9-13 NASB
    Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while. The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction. The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour. These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

The seven heads (and the eighth king) represent the following empires:

1.Egypt
    2.Assyria
    3.Babylon (first beast of Daniel 7)
    4.Medo-Persia (second beast of Daniel 7)
    5.Greece (third beast of Daniel 7)
    6.Rome
    7.Islamic Caliphate (fourth beast of Daniel 7)
    8.Revived Islamic Caliphate

PICK IT UP FROM THERE
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 03:46
    Anyone interested in reading what I would write and discuss about these chapters in Revelation ?
    Who wrote Revelation and how does anyone know if it's "true"?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 04:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Who wrote Revelation and how does anyone know if it's "true"?
    John, who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, wrote Revelation. You can only know if it is true when it happens, so you either believe it or you don't.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:492 edits
    Is anyone interested in me writing and discussing Revelation 17,18 about religious and material Babylon ?

I would love to hear it. I have my own ideas about Revelation 17 and 18... something I've not heard anyone else talk about.

If we could keep the naysaying and interruptions in the thread to a minimum, it should be interesting.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    PICK IT UP FROM THERE
    If you're expecting a bunch of Islam bashing, I'd suggest looking elsewhere, or maybe start your own thread for people who want to talk about that.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 07:59
    John, who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, wrote Revelation. You can only know if it is true when it happens, so you either believe it or you don't.
    So nobody knows if it's "true". What kind of 'revelation' is that?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 08:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    So nobody knows if it's "true". What kind of 'revelation' is that?
    Everyone knows it's true, except those who have rejected it. It is indeed a revelation to those with "ears to hear".

(And please, keep in mind that I understand your history with the Book of Revelation. Yes, you've rejected it and that is what has led to your current fallen state, I get that. I don't need to hear about it yet again. )
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 08:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Everyone knows it's true, except those who have rejected it. It is indeed a revelation to those with "ears to hear".

(And please, keep in mind that I understand your history with the Book of Revelation. Yes, you've rejected it and that is what has led to your current fallen state, I get that. I don't need to hear about it yet again. )
    Good answer. Yes, it is the kind of Revelation for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 08:19
    If you're expecting a bunch of Islam bashing, I'd suggest looking elsewhere, or maybe start your own thread for people who want to talk about that.
    By the way, what kind of bashing are you looking for?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 08:30
    As I hope to examine how much of the difficult symbolism should be taken, people can make up their own mind - about is it true.

The author, I believe is John, the same author of the Gospel. I will not spend much time on this.

In the book of Hebrews it repeatedly says that the Holy Spirit said this or the Holy Spirit said that. No explicit author of any Old Testament book is mentioned, I believe, but only that the Holy Spirit said this, or that, or the other.

For the most part that is how I am going to deal with Revelation in terms of authorship. Not that textural criticism is not an interesting topic. But suffice it for my intention that the Holy Spirit is the real author of the book.

RJHinds, I see where you said take it from here. But I would rather start from 17 verse 1 with some background comments.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 08:45
    For the most part that is how I am going to deal with [b]Revelation in terms of authorship. Not that textural criticism is not an interesting topic. But suffice it for my intention that the Holy Spirit is the real author of the book.[/b]
    Fair enough. I mean one could argue that the entire Bible is a Revelation by the Holy Spirit. I agree that it is the Holy Spirit who led John into the dream that these things were revealed to him by Jesus Christ. I don't think anyone of faith would disagree with that.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 08:50
    By the way, what kind of bashing are you looking for?
    I'm not looking for any bashing. That's my point.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 08:53
    To claim "everyone" knows it's true is patently untrue. On what basis do you claim it is "true" for everyone? In fact, scale it down: on what basis do you claim it is "true" for just you and me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree