1. Joined
    27 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 00:50
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So it's YOUR fault then. Well, that's YOU off the heaven list.
    LOL

But you've heard the message! Make your choice or YOUR off the list! :-)
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 00:55
    Originally posted by MythicalSkippy
    LOL

But you've heard the message! Make your choice or YOUR off the list! :-)
    You are = you're.

I've heard the message - but if the messanger is too ineffective to make it seem at least credible it's not MY fault.
  3. Joined
    27 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 01:08
    You are = you're.

I've heard the message - but if the messanger is too ineffective to make it seem at least credible it's not MY fault.
    lmao

My mom was an English teacher. It is a rare occurance to find me using the wrong "you're." It's a peeve of mine. To, two and too is another one.

Please allow the messenger to apologize for his ineffectiveness. Now, it's your fault... again.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 01:12
    Ever heard of personal responsibility?

The evidence of God's existance is all around you. "The heavens declare the glory of God..." There are biblical examples of people who's faith in God "saved" them. Abraham was one of those. It's not the fault of the followers. It's the fault of the individual if he does not seek out God.

As for it bein ...[text shortened]... e. We get plenty of opportunity to get it right before death. Those are the rules.
    What is your interpretation of Jesus' words "My burden is light, my yoke is easy"?
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 01:12
    lmao

My mom was an English teacher. It is a rare occurance to find me using the wrong "you're." It's a peeve of mine. To, two and too is another one.

Please allow the messenger to apologize for his ineffectiveness. Now, it's your fault... again.
    Man, how am I supposed to pass the buck this time...?! It's probably easier just to covert! Praze Jebus!

Seriously though, someone who is born on an island, devoid of even hearing about christianity. No-one knows that tribe exists. Do these people go to hell. What about kids born with disabilities, who are unable to understand the concept of god. Do they go to hell too?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 01:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Notice that there are no works in particular that need to be accomplished to get into heaven.
    Is this very important piece of information in the Bible somewhere? Or is it just an opinion of yours?

As far as I can remember the teachings of Christ are full of works that are required for salvation.
  7. Joined
    27 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 01:33
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What is your interpretation of Jesus' words "My burden is light, my yoke is easy"?
    Give me the particular passage so I can read it in context before I go spouting off!
  8. Joined
    27 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 01:37
    Man, how am I supposed to pass the buck this time...?! It's probably easier just to covert! Praze Jebus!

Seriously though, someone who is born on an island, devoid of even hearing about christianity. No-one knows that tribe exists. Do these people go to hell. What about kids born with disabilities, who are unable to understand the concept of god. Do they go to hell too?
    "Do these people go to hell." When asking a question, it is regarded as appropriate to end the sentence with a question mark. (giggle)

Ok. Do these fictional people spend their life devoid of questioning the existance of God? Do they spend any time looking for meaning to their life? I don't have an answer for you on this one. There are some things I just don't know. (Insert collective gasp here....) I do not believe that God WANTS anyone to go to Hell. I see evidence of God taking extraordinary measures to ensure we have a way out. I would hope that people in the scenarios you describe would be given an escape hatch. But I don't know for sure.

In the end, the only one I can worry about for sure is me. And my faith is firmly in God.
  9. Joined
    27 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 01:40
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Is this very important piece of information in the Bible somewhere? Or is it just an opinion of yours?

As far as I can remember the teachings of Christ are full of works that are required for salvation.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, that whosoever shall believe in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

We are saved by grace, not by works, so that no man can boast. There is nothing I can do to earn the right to sacrifice Jesus for my sins. He did it of his own free will. It is God's grace that brings us back into a relationship with him. "Works" should be a natural step after accepting the saving grace of God. If we love God, we will follow his instructions to love our neighbors.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 01:51
    Give me the particular passage so I can read it in context before I go spouting off!
    "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:30
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 02:04
    "Do these people go to hell." When asking a question, it is regarded as appropriate to end the sentence with a question mark. (giggle)

Ok. Do these fictional people spend their life devoid of questioning the existance of God? Do they spend any time looking for meaning to their life? I don't have an answer for you on this one. There are some ...[text shortened]...
    In the end, the only one I can worry about for sure is me. And my faith is firmly in God.
    ha ha, thought I'd leave something for you to pick me up on (look, I didn't capatilise this sentence, just for you. Twice.)

I guess these fictional characters have no reference pointing to god. They simply go about their business as atheists, not through choice, but through circumstance. Perhaps our friend born in another culture was brought up Muslim. Now, according to Christian doctorine, god created him individually. And god knew he was creating a Muslim, and that he'd never become a christian. Seems a bit rude to condemn someone to hell under those curcumstances, no?

As for the "I can only worry about myself, for sure" comment, that hardly seems Christian. Christ cared about you, for sure, (if you believe, which I do not) you should care about others as yourself, as it were.
  12. Joined
    27 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 02:11
    "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:30
    Matt. 11:28-30
    Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest. Place my yoke on you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is pleasant, and my burden is light."

Jesus provides relief from the burden of sin that weighs on our souls, dragging us down to Hell. A yoke is what is used to hitch oxen to plows. Jesus is asking us to be a part of his work, to take on his yoke with him, instead of pulling all by ourselves. We find rest in having help.

What do I make of it? Jesus empowers us to do his work. We are to be about the work of the Kingdom of God. Jesus expects us to work but that is not the path of salvation. Works are the natural progression of the saving grace given to us by God. Works are not the means by which we gain salvation. Works are the way in which we show our love to God for all he has done for us.
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 02:18
    Matt. 11:28-30
    Come to me, all of you who are weary and loaded down with burdens, and I will give you rest. Place my yoke on you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is pleasant, and my burden is light."

Jesus provides relief from the burden of sin that weighs on our souls, dr ...[text shortened]... gain salvation. Works are the way in which we show our love to God for all he has done for us.
    I noticed in another thread where you commented on the issue of inerrancy in which you took the stance that it was unfortunate that Christians create divisive issues. I'm not exactly sure how you worded it, but it struck me that the issue of adhering to biblical inerrancy is an example of thinking that runs contrary to the concept of "my yoke is easy."
  14. Joined
    27 May '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 02:46
    I noticed in another thread where you commented on the issue of inerrancy in which you took the stance that it was unfortunate that Christians create divisive issues. I'm not exactly sure how you worded it, but it struck me that the issue of adhering to biblical inerrancy is an example of thinking that runs contrary to the concept of "my yoke is easy."
    Amen
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 03:02
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, that whosoever shall believe in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

We are saved by grace, not by works, so that no man can boast. There is nothing I can do to earn the right to sacrifice Jesus for my sins. He did it of his own free will. It is God's grace th ...[text shortened]... saving grace of God. If we love God, we will follow his instructions to love our neighbors.
    Hmmm.. typical. You cant answer the question.

Also works is NOT a natural progression after belief. Hence the reason why Christ specifically stated that he will judge by WORKS.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree