1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 15:39
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What is your interpretation of Jesus' words "My burden is light, my yoke is easy"?
    There are burdens to carry in this life, and yokes too. Jesus offers
    His you can take them or not, and He offers to carry ours. Jesus does
    not just say be saved and that is that, His Lordship, Leadership, come
    with obeying him. His burdens are to love one another and help with
    the load others have on them, Jesus yoke is following the guide of
    the Holy Spirit who will show us ways to be effective and helpful, while
    teaching us of the things of God. That is my view of that verse.
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 15:421 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Thanks for the warning. Have you ever read Matthew 25:30-46?
    But doesn't Matthew 25:47 say:

...provided, of course, their names are on this VERY SPECIAL SCROLL OF LIFE!
  3. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 17:40
    1st Corinthians 2:14 (Amplified Bible) But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.

If you’re not a Christian, you can’t understand the Bible, so please don't try to quote Scripture to God's people. I didn’t say that, the Bible says it.
  4. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 17:41
    Originally posted by masscat
    If you’re not a Christian, you can’t understand the Bible, so please don't try to quote Scripture to God's people. I didn’t say that, the Bible says it.
    Why should we believe that you are sufficiently Christian to quote Scripture at us, as you have done?
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 17:561 edit
    1st Corinthians 2:14 (Amplified Bible) But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] ...[text shortened]... so please don't try to quote Scripture to God's people. I didn’t say that, the Bible says it.
    Well then why don't you translate the verses mentioned by No1Marauder?

They seem fairly clear; perhaps I should be reading them backwards, or just picking out every second letter?
  6. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 18:09
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Well then why don't you translate the verses mentioned by No1Marauder?

They seem fairly clear; perhaps I should be reading them backwards, or just picking out every second letter?
    Translate? Seriously, I don't know what you are asking me to do. If you are asking me what it means, and if you are serious, why not go on line and research the meaning?

Remember, I didn't write the Bible. If a man doesn't like what it says, he can complain to the Author.
  7. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 18:12
    Translate? Seriously, I don't know what you are asking me to do. If you are asking me what it means, and if you are serious, why not go on line and research the meaning?

Remember, I didn't write the Bible. If a man doesn't like what it says, he can complain to the Author.
    You said people like me could not understand scripture. I'm asking you to explain what the passages mean.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 18:301 edit
    If you’re not a Christian, you can’t understand the Bible, so please don't try to quote Scripture to God's people.
    Psalm 16:18

Pride goes before destruction,
    a haughty spirit before a fall.
  9. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 19:04
    You said people like me could not understand scripture. I'm asking you to explain what the passages mean.
    Perhaps a couple of different translations of that verse will help. I can’t make it any plainer. Also, remember I didn’t write this. I am only telling you what the Bible says, not that you have to believe it.

For the natural man is not able to take in the things of the Spirit of God: for they seem foolish to him, and he is not able to have knowledge of them, because such knowledge comes only through the Spirit.

The unspiritual man rejects the things of the Spirit of God, and cannot attain to the knowledge of them, because they are spiritually judged.

The natural man does not accept what is taught by the Spirit of God. For him, this is absurdity.
  10. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 19:50
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Why should we believe that you are sufficiently Christian to quote Scripture at us, as you have done?
    Because I believe what it says, and I know from personal experience that the Word of God is true. I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried and rose again. I believe that He alive today making intercession for me.

1st John 5: Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
    13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Can you say the same? I’ve been spiritually where you guys are at now. There was a time I didn't believe either, so if Jesus can save me, He can do it for you. That’s why I try not to get too upset with you all. I’ve seen guys like you become Sunday school teachers, deacons, preachers and pastors.
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 20:49
    Perhaps a couple of different translations of that verse will help. I can’t make it any plainer. Also, remember I didn’t write this. I am only telling you what the Bible says, not that you have to believe it.

For the natural man is not able to take in the things of the Spirit of God: for they seem foolish to him, and he is not able to have knowledge of ...[text shortened]... The natural man does not accept what is taught by the Spirit of God. For him, this is absurdity.
    I meant a "translation" of the verses mentioned by No1Marauder. They seem pretty clear in their meaning, but perhaps I am missing something.
  12. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 21:03
    I meant a "translation" of the verses mentioned by No1Marauder. They seem pretty clear in their meaning, but perhaps I am missing something.
    Sorry, I guess you mean Matthew 25:30-46. I can't do this now....my wife says we have to take our nephew out to see some animated movie ...Over the Fence...or something. I will be happy to address this later. In the mean time, be careful not to croak or anything...don't want you going out of this world unsaved.
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 21:101 edit
    Sorry, I guess you mean Matthew 25:30-46. I can't do this now....my wife says we have to take our nephew out to see some animated movie ...Over the Fence...or something. I will be happy to address this later. In the mean time, be careful not to croak or anything...don't want you going out of this world unsaved.
    Okay. I'll phone the boys and tell them Russian Roulette Night is off.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 22:29
    Because I believe what it says, and I know from personal experience that the Word of God is true. I believe Jesus Christ died for my sins, was buried and rose again. I believe that He alive today making intercession for me.

1st John 5: Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has giv ...[text shortened]... ou all. I’ve seen guys like you become Sunday school teachers, deacons, preachers and pastors.
    To me, one of the most interesting dynamics of this site is that the "heretics" often convey more spirituality than many of the ones on the site who might teach Sunday school or even go to church. Is this not similar to Jesus often finding his community among the sinners as opposed to the religious community of his time?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '06 22:301 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So it's YOUR fault then. Well, that's YOU off the heaven list.
    I did not say that it was all my fault, but you imply that it is all God's fault that people die in their sins and I have made one illustration that counters such a claim. You also assume that God is unjust. I cannot say who will and will not be written in the book of life and it is pointless to pursue such information. What should be done is to assess our own situation instead of assessing others. We have no power over other people to change them, but we do have power over ourselves to assess our own response to God's invitation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree