1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 19:42
    this is a short video about the hypothesis that the catholic church is "the beast". it gives a lot of good points but i am no history major, i am just a highschool student. i dont believe it is my role to have an opinion at this site since i dont have the education others have, but i just like to bring things to everyone's attention to discuss. so, opinions here would be appreciated.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gRQrA5UrRgA
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 12:18
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    this is a short video about the hypothesis that the catholic church is "the beast". it gives a lot of good points but i am no history major, i am just a highschool student. i dont believe it is my role to have an opinion at this site since i dont have the education others have, but i just like to bring things to everyone's attention to discuss. so, opinions here would be appreciated.

My opinion is that anyone gullible enough to take seriously the writings of a madman (revelations) could easily be convinced that just about anything / anyone is "The Beast". The thing about most successful prophesy (by successful I mean popular) is that it is written in such a way that you can if you so choose, interpret it in many many different ways. So all you need to do is interpret it in the way you want, and you can convince a whole lot of gullible people. It works especially well if the conclusion you draw is something they want to be true. If people want something to be true badly enough they will listen to, claim to believe, pass on etc some of the most outrageous things if they think those things support their desired belief.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 16:59
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom

Probably true.
  4. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 17:01
    A secretive political power structure that claims to represent the absolute authority of god on earth turns out to be not such a good idea?

i'm shocked
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 17:381 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My opinion is that anyone gullible enough to take seriously the writings of a madman (revelations) could easily be convinced that just about anything / anyone is "The Beast". The thing about most successful prophesy (by successful I mean popular) is that it is written in such a way that you can if you so choose, interpret it in many many different ways. S ...[text shortened]... tc some of the most outrageous things if they think those things support their desired belief.
    Absolutely true .... well, except for the first sentence of course ..... 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree