1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 06:371 edit
    Call it what it is. Is it time for one, with an administrator that can include/exclude people? I don't even know how that would work, but this forum has been poisoned.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 08:011 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Call it what it is. Is it time for one, with an administrator that can include/exclude people? I don't even know how that would work, but this forum has been poisoned.
    It would be a called a private club if you wanted one and as subscriber you should be able to start one up.

The good thing about his forum is that it is public, people want to debate in public and the popular topics will always dominate the thread count. However there is of course the opportunity for members to start new threads on specific topics they are interested in, and by and large the protocol of not hijacking threads is respected. If some does do that then they should be given a forum ban.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 08:22
    Poisoned?

Where religion is discussed it’s difficult to not run into people's passions for
    and against since more time than not if you are either for or against some
    faith people tend to define themselves on how they stand on those issues.
    Even if you are just uncaring and not committal we have words for them
    too. Some are even passionate on how they are not religious, even to the
    point of being a zealot on the matter.

I wish I could say I've never lost my temper or gotten angry over things
    said.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 15:45
    OK I'm better now. Sorry about that. Tolerance of an occasional insulting, dismissive, supercilious raft of replies is a test of character, up to a point, and I can take it better when directed at me than when I see an attack on others who are engaged in sincere well-meaning debate about something they regard as important. This triggered my reaction. If there were way to block a particular individual's replies from showing up on my screen, I would do it.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 15:59
    OK I'm be...[text shortened]. If there were way to block a particular individual's replies from showing up on my screen, I would do it.
    Actually there is...

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/170604

Works quite well actually, thanks to SwissGambit.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 16:06
    OK I'm better now. Sorry about that. Tolerance of an occasional insulting, dismissive, supercilious raft of replies is a test of character, up to a point, and I can take it better when directed at me than when I see an attack on others who are engaged in sincere well-meaning debate about something they regard as important. This triggered my reaction. If there ...[text shortened]... re way to block a particular individual's replies from showing up on my screen, I would do it.
    I know what you mean and the "fun" of contributing here is indeed a double-edged sword.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 16:47
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Actually there is...

Thanks, I will look into it.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 17:21
    Personally I think that I'm the only one that should be allowed to post here. I also think that everyone else should be forced to read my posts with their eyes propped open with toothpicks if need be, and of course they should all agree with what I have to say.

It would end the endless bickering and whining and insulting on this site.

Utopia!!! 😵
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    Personally I think that I'm the only one that should be allowed to post here. I also think that everyone else should be forced to read my posts with their eyes propped open with toothpicks if need be, and of course they should all agree with what I have to say.

It would end the endless bickering and whining and insulting on this site.

Utopia!!! 😵
    Isn't that what "About Whodey" is for? 🙂
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:14
    Isn't that what "About Whodey" is for? 🙂
    Enough small talk.

Am I on the "in" list or not? 😠
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 19:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Enough small talk.

Am I on the "in" list or not? 😠
    Thumbs Up Allowed?
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 03:12
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Actually there is...

*bows*
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 03:13
    Thanks, I will look into it.
    The one catch is that you have to have Firefox with the GreaseMonkey add-on. It may also work on Chrome with the TamperMonkey add-on, but I have not tested it.
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 05:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Poisoned?

Where religion is discussed it’s difficult to not run into people's passions for
    and against since more time than not if you are either for or against some
    faith people tend to define themselves on how they stand on those issues.
    Even if you are just uncaring and not committal we have words for them
    too. Some are even passionate on how they ...[text shortened]... ter.

I wish I could say I've never lost my temper or gotten angry over things
    said.
    Kelly
    This forum should be renamed the whacko forum.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '13 05:32
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The one catch is that you have to have Firefox with the GreaseMonkey add-on. It may also work on Chrome with the TamperMonkey add-on, but I have not tested it.
    OK. When RHP incorporates it as an option, I will be there for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree