1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '13 03:592 edits
    RHP Spirituality Forum Improvement Poll

o More Contributors who know what they believe and would like to objectively present their points of view. (a)

o More Contributors who are uncertain as to their views concerning ultimate reality yet are still searching. (b)

o More Contributors who are no longer searching for any external reality and believe only in themselves. (c)

o More Contributors who are accomplished intellectuals and excellent debaters on a wide variety of topics. (d)

o More Contributors who are gifted individuals with extensive experience in the fields of science and math. (e)

o I prefer to abstain from voting in this or any other public internet poll because they're all a waste of time. (f)

o None of the above/other. (g)

Note: Please feel free to express any other ideas you feel may increase the value of this forum. Thanks. (gb)
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '13 06:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]RHP Spirituality Forum Improvement Poll

o More Contributors who know what they believe and would like to objectively present their points of view. (a)

o More Contributors who are uncertain as to their views concerning ultimate reality yet are still searching. (b)

o More Contributors who are no longer searching for any external reality ...[text shortened]... eel free to express any other ideas you feel may increase the value of this forum. Thanks. (gb)[/b]
    More contributors that believe in the Holy Bible and wish to learn the truth.

The Instructor
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '13 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    If they haven't yet learned the truth, how do you expect them to "believe in the Holy Bible"?

Well put, if your God is the Bible. Wouldn't you rather they believe in God first?

Edit: For the OP, my choice is (g), if only because this forum is already full of people who "think" they are those things without actually being those things.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '13 16:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If they haven't yet learned the truth, how do you expect them to "believe in the Holy Bible"?

Well put, if your God is the Bible. Wouldn't you rather they believe in God first?

Edit: For the OP, my choice is (g), if only because this forum is already full of people who "think" they are those things without actually being those things.
    One can learn the truth from the Holy Bible with guidance from the Holy Spirit. The study of the Holy Bible can bring one to the knowledge of God and belief in God.

The instructor
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '13 18:21

The Instructor
    Do you believe God has given you a ministry to evangelise this forum or people in general?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '13 21:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you believe God has given you a ministry to evangelise this forum or people in general?
    No.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '13 21:50
    No.
    So when calling yourself the "instructor" you are considering yourself self appointed?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 May '13 22:42
    So when calling yourself the "instructor" you are considering yourself self appointed?
    self appointed and self deluded
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '13 23:21
    I consider myself appointed as the instructor by the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

The Instructor
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    29 May '13 23:25
    I consider myself appointed as the instructor by the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

The Instructor
    Well then you just contradicted yourself.
    You said God has not appointed you or
    given you a ministry but yet you claim
    you have been appointed by the holy
    spirit.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 07:242 edits
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Well then you just contradicted yourself.
    You said God has not appointed you or
    given you a ministry but yet you claim
    you have been appointed by the holy
    spirit.
    It depends on your definition of ministry. I am sure he did not mean in the sense that all Christians serve the Lord by declaring His truths which is our duty. I am appointed to serve the Lord in a very limited way and that is not as a minister of the gospel. I instruct in only those areas that the Holy Spirit leads me, which is very limited. I don't believe God has given me a ministry to evangelise this forum or people in general.

The instructor
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 May '13 07:30
    Note: Please feel free to express any other ideas you feel may increase the value of this forum. Thanks. (gb)
    You could start by actually engaging in discussion.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '13 09:531 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead

You could start by actually engaging in discussion.
    Sure, twhitehead . To paraphrase one of the English Empiricists whose name escapes me, 'We arrive at the truth through honest disagreement among friends'. Improvement of any conversation regarding the spiritual dimension of human life (as opposed to topics of a materialistic nature) begins with a premise of "Tolerance" of Others" embracing opposing points of view. Tolerance implies courtesy, not compromise of conviction at the outset. Myopic Nit Picking, Emotional Rants and Personality Attacks by (immature people with low self esteem) must be prohibited. "Honesty" of Thought and "Candor" of Expression are essential. All we have the privilege of requesting from each other is a fair shake, "Please Listen". (gb)
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '13 20:231 edit

The Instructor
    But you said above that you have not been given a ministry for this forum, so what type of "anointing" is it?

Edit: in response to your subsequent post; no you said you were "anointed". All ministry given by God is anointed. So do you have a God anointed ministry to us in this forum or not?
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 May '13 20:28
    [b]RHP Spirituality Forum Improvement Poll

o More Contributors who are no longer searching for any external reality ...[text shortened]... eel free to express any other ideas you feel may increase the value of this forum. Thanks. (gb)[/b]
    o None of the above/other: This forum can only be improved by the Second Coming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree