1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 09:47
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to amannion

there you go, speculating like scientists do,....i am not religious.

And i do understand evolution.

vishva
    Ah, so everyone else is wrong.
    That's fine. Science can cope with error - but tell me, what's your alternative?
    Evolution works as an explanation, however much you may not like your intelligence coming from non-intelligent origins.
    But it may be wrong, there's no denying that. Many scientific theories are proved to be incorrect. Even Newton got it wrong sometimes.
    But what's your alternative?
    If you want to knock evolution down give us something to replace it.
    And, please - no gods thanks. They aren't scientific.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 10:18
    to amannion

there you go, speculating like scientists do,....i am not religious.

And i do understand evolution.

vishva
    And i do understand evolution

Give me a break, it was only a couple of weeks ago you said you had never even read a book on the subject. In all our 'discussions' on the subject you have yet to provide any evidence that you know what you're talking about, i see nothing has changed.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 10:35
    When the prehistoric man was first discovered, only part of an arm was recovered. Yet, the scientific community fabricated an entire ancient society around an arm bone.

Scientists have since found quite a few Neanderthals and after careful study have concluded that these ancestors were regular humans with bone disease, probaby rickets.

vishva
    This is abject nonsense. References please.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 11:201 edit
    To FabianFnas

I like the way you singled out the word fraud, but disreguarded the word misunderstanding, and scientists are good at selective evidence collaboration, anyway>

When the prehistoric man was first discovered, only part of an arm was recovered. Yet, the scientific community fabricated an entire ancient society around an arm bone.

Scien ...[text shortened]... concluded that these ancestors were regular humans with bone disease, probaby rickets.

vishva
    Scientists have since found quite a few Neanderthals and after careful study have concluded that these ancestors were regular humans with bone disease, probaby rickets.

The 'drivel-o-meter' has almost blown a gasket after digesting this garbage. Two questions for you, if you can be so kind to answer.

1. Who are the 'scientists'?

2. Can you post a link to these 'studies' and conclusions please?
  5. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 12:06
    One person hesitates in answering a single question and this blows away all the overwhelming evidence for evolutionary theory. Genius! </sarcasm>
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 12:34
    To FabianFnas

I like the way you singled out the word fraud, but disreguarded the word misunderstanding, and scientists are good at selective evidence collaboration, anyway>

Scien ...[text shortened]... concluded that these ancestors were regular humans with bone disease, probaby rickets.

vishva
    So you know everything about paleontology too, do you+ And yet don't understand it?

About the false Neanderthals fossil findings - would you care to give some sources to prove your opinion, or should we just let your opinions remain your private opinions, should we?

Please - learn something about paleontology before you make even more a fool out of yourself.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 12:484 edits
    Originally posted by amannion
    Ah, so everyone else is wrong.
    That's fine. Science can cope with error - but tell me, what's your alternative?
    Evolution works as an explanation, however much you may not like your intelligence coming from non-intelligent origins.
    But it may be wrong, there's no denying that. Many scientific theories are proved to be incorrect. Even Newton got it wrong own give us something to replace it.
    And, please - no gods thanks. They aren't scientific.
    To amannion

Every living thing, (animals and plants included) is in reality a spiritual being, eternal without beginning or end, and the body they inhabit, is not their true self, but a vehicle for there exspression of life.

This universe is just one out of countless millions, and life is existing throughout the cosmos in each and every universe.

The spiritual creative principle, that some choose to call god, is the source of all things seen and unseen.

The purpose of life is one fold, and that is to express life on behalf of the source of life.

The creative principle/god is non material, but spiritual energy, and spiritual energy is the superior energy, and material energy is the inferior energy.

The living being is superior energy, the same as god, and has all the same characteristics of god, but in lesser capacity.

Because god and the living being, are one and the same, it is impossible for god to judge or condemn one self.

Even though the living being and god are one and the same, in that sense, the living being eternally still has, their independant identity, (ego)

In the mind of god there is no condemnation, judgement, sin, right, or wrong.

The religious teachings of the world, are mans juvenile and erroneous attempt to descibe god, and have power over the people, authored by the ruling class.

Because the living beings display emotions, and are sentient and have intelligence, it is understood that god is the source, and also is sentient.

After death of the body, the body is disposed of by burial or cremation, and the body breaks down over time and goes back into the earth for recycling, and the spiritual living being takes another birth, in another family according to their past activities.

If a person is born defected or underprivledged, it is to be understood that they have created that situation themselves, through their past negative activities in there previous life.

God is not concerned about the mudane activities of people, but is the loving wellwisher to everyone.

The universes and species are created by god, through gods inconceivable creative potency, and to the general lay person this process will remain a incomprehensible mystery, but to the fully enlightened soul it may be known.

God has given each person complete freedom, to the extent that they can even determine their own fate ( relative fate)and meaning to life.

The activities of each person, creates their own personal reality, and no two people see the world exactly the same, and if a person lives a pious life, they will create a pleasant birth in the next life, and if they are not pious, they will have created a less pleasant birth.

All religions teach us that we must serve god, but this is false, because it is gods desire to serve us, and it is gods only fiunction in relationship to us.

We can better understand that, by knowing that, when we live our life, we are expressing god through us........god is experiencing god/self through our lives.

In the mind of god, there is no such thing as punishment, for god is no respector of persons, and the impersonal law> (the law of cause and effect) is the process by which god allows the living being to reap what they sow.

It is possible to have a personal loving relationship with god, but it is not demanded, and god certainly doesnt require worship, in the sense of a duty.

It is beneficial to have a understanding of ones relationship to god, as it lends itself to the feelings of serenity, peace, bliss, contentment, wonderment, security, fearlessness, cognition and love.

vishva
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 12:511 edit
    The creative principle/god is non material or spiritual energy, and spiritual energy is the superior energy, and material energy is the inferior energy.
    So by ignoring science, you are in fact turning your eyes away from your god? Because only scientific research can bring more knowledge about gods true existance! Right?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 12:54
    To ProperKnob

www.straight-talk.net/evolution/misslinks.htm

I dont know who the scientists are, but they know who they are.

vishva
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 12:58
    To ProperKnob

vishva
    Of this small paragraph you are misled to believe that you know all about paleonthology? People who has an agenda whispers in your ear and you instantly believe in this desinformation?

Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy too? If not, why not?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 13:052 edits
    To ProperKnob

vishva
    That's not a link to scientific paper.

The quote is referenced to this beauty.

http://www.youngearth.org/evowontfly.htm

I find it ironic that for all your posturing over religion, you seem to be citing Christian creationist websites. For example, the website that is referenced to support the idea that Neanderthals are humans with rickets has this beauty -

The geologic column, that layering of rocks which is seen in canyons and mountain ranges, is cited as physical evidence of evolution. However, these layers are better explained as the result of a devastating global flood. Such a flood occurred approximately 5,000 years ago and is fully described in the Bible.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 13:08
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That's not a link to scientific paper.
    ...which shows that he knows nothing about the Neanderthals. It's nothing more than mere opinion.
    He shown himself naked in front of his audience. He has not just yet found out about it.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 13:301 edit
    to all the supporters of evolution

What little evidence you have, is doctored and fabricated, and living things cannot grow and reproduce without the spiritual component.

Sentient qualities are a product of consciousness, and consciousness is a symptom of the spiritual.

vishva
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 13:36
    to all the supporters of evolution

What little evidence you have, is doctored and fabricated, and living things cannot grow and reproduce without the spiritual component.

vishva
    Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Seeing as you have such a unique insight into the inner workings of evolution by natural selection, maybe you could write a paper/book and finally slay the evolutionary beast. If it is all dctored and fabricacted as you say, it should be fairly easy to dispell the evolutionary myth.
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 13:38
    To amannion

Every living thing, (animals and plants included) is in reality a spiritual being, eternal without beginning or end, and the body they inhabit, is not their true self, but a vehicle for there exspression of life.

This universe is just one out of countless millions, and life is existing throughout the cosmos in each and every universe.
    ...[text shortened]... ty, peace, bliss, contentment, wonderment, security, fearlessness, cognition and love.

vishva
    What a load of rubbish.
    You've disproved evolution with nothing but trite pseudo religious crap.
    Give me an alternative to evolution that doesn't include the words 'god','spiritual' or 'eternal' ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree