1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Aug '12 12:21
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so god did make a bet with satan to see how much torture job can take, even if god is omnisicient and already knew that and had nothing to prove to satan anyway. you realize this means that god is on almost friendly terms with satan? that they make friendly wagers like buddies do, at the expence of mankind?

the obliteration of jericho? god deemed it n ...[text shortened]... ardly prostitute who betrays her people and is therefore indirectly the author of that genocide?
    This all goes to show that being on the side of God is the best policy in the end. 😏
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 01:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This all goes to show that being on the side of God is the best policy in the end. 😏
    oh so i guess you cannot explain how a god of love can make a bet with satan to see how much pain god''s most loyal servant can endure.

already knew it cannot be explained, just thank you for admitting that the bible, at least in this story, is horribly incorrect.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 20:02
    oh so i guess you cannot explain how a god of love can make a bet with satan to see how much pain god''s most loyal servant can endure.

already knew it cannot be explained, just thank you for admitting that the bible, at least in this story, is horribly incorrect.
    I don't accept your premise that the purpose of Job is to show how much pain God's most loyal servant can endure. I also do not see anything incorrect about the story of Job.

I think that the purpose of Job was to rebuke the slander of Satan against mankind, and to show that no matter how good we think we are, we need to be able to see our faults and our need to repent. How we handle things when everythings is going against us, is shown as a good way to reveal ones true character.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 07:24
    I don't accept your premise that the purpose of Job is to show how much pain God's most loyal servant can endure. I also do not see anything incorrect about the story of Job.

I think that the purpose of Job was to rebuke the slander of Satan against mankind, and to show that no matter how good we think we are, we need to be able to see our faults and our ...[text shortened]... gs when everythings is going against us, is shown as a good way to reveal ones true character.
    people died. animals died. the servants of job died simply from being in his service. poor charlie, servant number 36, was working his as off in job's fields so he could gather enough money to send home to his kids. and then god just decides to mess with a person next to charlie and poof, charlie is no more.

"the purpose of Job was to rebuke the slander of Satan against mankind"
    god already knew what job was about to do and the reasons why. what does convincing satan has to do with how god allowed job to be tortured, dozens of generic people killed.

now, if you agree this is all a story to illustrate job's virtues, that's another matter. but you probably won't. because the bible is 100% accurate, and all stories within are historical facts, isn't it?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 08:34
    people died. animals died. the servants of job died simply from being in his service. poor charlie, servant number 36, was working his as off in job's fields so he could gather enough money to send home to his kids. and then god just decides to mess with a person next to charlie and poof, charlie is no more.

"the purpose of Job was to rebuke the sland ...[text shortened]... ecause the bible is 100% accurate, and all stories within are historical facts, isn't it?
    I don't recall God messing with any of the people in the story of Job. The way I remember it, Satan was the one doing the messing. It is my understanding tha Satan was trying to convince God and the other angels that man was not worthy of God's attention and should be destroyed and that the only reason Job was following the will of God was because of his good fortune.

The reason God allows Satan to bring misfortune on Job was to show the other angels, as well as Satan, that some men had loyal qualities and were worthy of saving. To allow some people to be killed in order to save the human race is a good thing in my opinion. This was also the purpose of the flood of Noah's day.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 10:37
    I don't recall God messing with any of the people in the story of Job. The way I remember it, Satan was the one doing the messing. It is my understanding tha Satan was trying to convince God and the other angels that man was not worthy of God's attention and should be destroyed and that the only reason Job was following the will of God was because of his g ...[text shortened]... an race is a good thing in my opinion. This was also the purpose of the flood of Noah's day.
    he specifically allowed satan to do whatever he wanted. you can't be so daft as to say that god was blameless in that story. satan asked for permission to do those things to job and his servants, therefore nothing would have happened if god hadn't said yes. in that story, god is the main guilty party in that atrocity.

"Satan was trying to convince God"
    god who was omniscient and already knew job's intentions. god who already had plans concerning mankind. satan who was supposed to be banished from god's sight, yet we see him coming to visit.

"The reason God allows Satan to bring misfortune on Job was to show the other angels"
    as opposed to just telling them so. a god who does not lie, who is the supreme being, who answers to nobody. we see such a god submitting to a review from satan. like satan is god's supervisor.

" To allow some people to be killed in order to save the human race is a good thing in my opinion. "
    only nobody needed to be saved. only satan's curiosity. if god hadn't said yes to the whole torture thing, not a damn thing would have happened to humans or job in particular.

"This was also the purpose of the flood of Noah's day"
    yes, in order to save the human race, god killed 99.9% of it, including most of the animals, in order to save noah and his sons, of whom at least 1 son was kind of a jerk. we see ordinary people in his sons, yet not a single other ordinary person was found on the earth. including children. not a single decent child (aged 0-16) who hadn't yet picked up a life of murder, raping and stealing.

your post screams of psychopathy. it is quite troubling. you are basically condoning genocide because a book says god did it, instead of simply thinking, hey, maybe god didn't do that after all, and i don't need to justify it through insanely flimsy excuses.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 11:47
    he specifically allowed satan to do whatever he wanted. you can't be so daft as to say that god was blameless in that story. satan asked for permission to do those things to job and his servants, therefore nothing would have happened if god hadn't said yes. in that story, god is the main guilty party in that atrocity.

"Satan was trying to convince God"
    ...[text shortened]... at after all, and i don't need to justify it through insanely flimsy excuses.
    You sound like one of those people who think they don't need a Savior.
  8. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 12:031 edit
    And you sound like a deranged pyschopath in need of a padded room
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 12:37
    your savior? the one who loves me but at any time he may let satan murder anyone i love? the one who loves me and every other human but he may send a flood to wipe all of us? the one who loves me but will condemn me to an eternity of suffering because i am muslim or atheist even though i am a kind and decent person? the one who doesn't love me because i am not one of his chosen people? the savior who refused to save the canaanites because they were not worth saving and simply allowed them to get more and more wicked so that finally the israelites could kill them all and steal their land?

your savior sounds like a horrible person.

my savior is pretty decent. my savior loves me and forgives me. my savior suffers when i suffer, just as a father suffers when his son suffers. my savior encourages me to live my life, to better myself. my saviour encourages me to be compassionate and understanding of people of different beliefs, to not judge them, but live with them in harmony.

my savior is better than yours. my savior is sad that you created such a horrible savior for yourself.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 20:101 edit
    your savior? the one who loves me but at any time he may let satan murder anyone i love? the one who loves me and every other human but he may send a flood to wipe all of us? the one who loves me but will condemn me to an eternity of suffering because i am muslim or atheist even though i am a kind and decent person? the one who doesn't love me because i am ...[text shortened]... or is better than yours. my savior is sad that you created such a horrible savior for yourself.
    I think you misunderstand Satan if you count him as a savior. 😏
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 20:15
    I think you misunderstand Satan if you count him as a savior. 😏
    i thought you said you are about 60 years old? did you lie or did senility settle in? because you are acting like a moronic spoiled brat. and since you are acting like a moronic spoiled brat, i guess this conversation is over.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '12 20:40
    i thought you said you are about 60 years old? did you lie or did senility settle in? because you are acting like a moronic spoiled brat. and since you are acting like a moronic spoiled brat, i guess this conversation is over.
    I am 68 years old and still have opinions that just happen to be different from you, because I understand the Holy Bible better. Perhaps when you get my age you too will have a better understanding and not consider God, as described in the Old Testament, as so terrible as you do now.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 09:15
    I am 68 years old and still have opinions that just happen to be different from you, because I understand the Holy Bible better. Perhaps when you get my age you too will have a better understanding and not consider God, as described in the Old Testament, as so terrible as you do now.
    yes perhaps when i get to be 68 i will think that wiping the whole population of the earth would be a good idea. perhaps i should leave a note now, that i have my sanity, pleading for someone to blow my head off when i come to think that killing children because their parents are wicked is a good idea.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 19:561 edit
    yes perhaps when i get to be 68 i will think that wiping the whole population of the earth would be a good idea. perhaps i should leave a note now, that i have my sanity, pleading for someone to blow my head off when i come to think that killing children because their parents are wicked is a good idea.
    I think the problem goes beyond what you might think. It is likely that the fallen angels (demons) had taken over most of the human race in such a way that they had become mutants and their human DNA changed such that it could not repair itself. Noah and his family were the only ones left that were not affected.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Aug '12 22:50
    I think the problem goes beyond what you might think. It is likely that the fallen angels (demons) had taken over most of the human race in such a way that they had become mutants and their human DNA changed such that it could not repair itself. Noah and his family were the only ones left that were not affected.
    🙄

You utter nutbag.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree