RJHind's Rating

RJHind's Rating

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Just out of curiosity i put one of Magnus Calrsen's (the best ches player in the world) latest games through my machine, he had a 54% match up.
He is probably better than your machine, I would guess.

Moves
17 Dec 11

Just out of curiosity i put one of Magnus Calrsen's (the best ches player in the world) latest games through my machine, he had a 54% match up.
I think people should fish or cut bait. If these is a serious doubt, report it. At the least, records should show the exchange wherein the draw was offered and a previous error was mentioned. Moreover, Kingshill could be asked about it, specifically about the mistake he said he made.

If nobody is willing to mount a serious complaint, let it go.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by JS357
I think people should fish or cut bait. If these is a serious doubt, report it. At the least, records should show the exchange wherein the draw was offered and a previous error was mentioned. Moreover, Kingshill could be asked about it, specifically about the mistake he said he made.

If nobody is willing to mount a serious complaint, let it go.
I issued a FPT 6 weeks ago.

Moves
17 Dec 11

I issued a FPT 6 weeks ago.
Presumably, the 'explanation' they ask for has not been sufficient to support a breach claim.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
17 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
it's one thing to be good/bad at chess. another thing to be or not to be ignorant. or good in another field
Well the guy is certainly ignorant - but worse than that he is stupid, the magnitude of such stupidity wholly inconsistent with his rating.

Indeed if that rating is a true reflection of RJHind's skill, and implicitly, his intellect then I'll burn all my food, renounce my atheism and join Dasa in his new found faith in Islam.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Well the guy is certainly ignorant - but worse than that he is stupid, the magnitude of such stupidity wholly inconsistent with his rating.

Indeed if that rating is a true reflection of RJHind's skill, and implicitly, his intellect then I'll burn all my food, renounce my atheism and join Dasa in his new found faith in Islam.
Ah, now thats the thing here people. There is more than one sort of intelligence. Take FMF as an example. A very fine debater and, I would say in the more "intelligent" half of the rhp members. But his rating stinks.
Then you get the likes of RJ. Obviously one part of his brain is over-developed only to leave the rest a bit wanting-or so his posting would suggest.

"Intelligence" is also one of the words that is changing it's meaning, going from "number crunching" left brain activities accosiated with intelligence to include more right brained functions.

sometimes it is more intelligent to be less intelligent. (you see, the word needs work because I see no concensus on what it actually means)

I actually asked here a while ago whether it was intelligent to believe in JC. Of course the responses varied with the respondants , based on their faith.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg

I made a mistake on an earlier posting. The number 3 player beat me
in both games. It is the number 4 player, Kings and Pawns, that I got
a draw on one of our two games. He is also a Christian and he said
that he had checked out this forum and told me not to let you guys
bother me with your criticisms of my Christian beliefs and my disbelief
in evolution. So I don't believe you calling me ignorant makes it so.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by JS357
Presumably, the 'explanation' they ask for has not been sufficient to support a breach claim.
It supports it. They just have chosen, at present, to do nothing about it.

F

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Take FMF as an example [...] his rating stinks.
So what you're saying, then, is you are ruling out any possibility that I use a chess engine?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I made a mistake on an earlier posting. The number 3 player beat me
in both games. It is the number 4 player, Kings and Pawns, that I got
a draw on one of our two games. He is also a Christian and he said
that he had checked out this forum and told me not to let you guys
bother me with your criticisms of my Christian beliefs and my disbelief
in evolution. So I don't believe you calling me ignorant makes it so.
of course calling you ignorant doesn't make it so. you prove your own ignorance every time you try to discuss something you know little to nothing about.

t

Moves
18 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
So what you're saying, then, is you are ruling out any possibility that I use a chess engine?
I believe you are using a chess engine worth fifty US dollars. I also believe that you have been ripped off.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
of course calling you ignorant doesn't make it so. you prove your own ignorance every time you try to discuss something you know little to nothing about.
You forgot the smiley face, but I know you must be joking. Let me
inform you that I am the father of a recognized genius. He was
tested as having an I.Q. of 187 and the testers thought something
was wrong so they tested him again with a different test and he
scored 189.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
18 Dec 11

Yes, I understand that. I hope Kingshill understands that too.
This sight is for those who have the best and most up-to-date
books and other chess literature.
The best way to make a move is by the best % of the next move from a chess explorer. For black though for an e4 response is c6 and for d4 is Nf6 for % of wins anyways.

n

Moves
18 Dec 11

You forgot the smiley face, but I know you must be joking. Let me
inform you that I am the father of a recognized genius. He was
tested as having an I.Q. of 187 and the testers thought something
was wrong so they tested him again with a different test and he
scored 189.
When did you adopt him?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
The best way to make a move is by the best % of the next move from a chess explorer. For black though for an e4 response is c6 and for d4 is Nf6 for % of wins anyways.
I have an opening book that gives the winning percentage, but it is
an old book called, "The Blue Book Of Charts To Winning Chess" by
Arthur M. Stevens.