1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:41
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I actually don't think it's too (conceptually) difficult to achieve that. Indeed I believe SwissGambit posted some javascript that does the job of filtering out posts served up in the resultant html page from the php script which gathers the text and graphics on these forums, and then displaying the modified HTML page to the user.
    I know. But perhaps he forgot himself on a couple of occasions which suggested that he had been reading the posts after all. Proper Knob called him on it at least once. There was some convoluted explanation about a laptop. It's interesting that he makes claims and comments about me post after post after post and thread after thread while claiming to refuse to read any of my responses to what he has said. Odd way to carry on.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:44
    Ok for reference.

Not long ago an idiot (in a different sub forum) posted some homophobic slurs I took exception to.

I told him what I thought of his posts, and when he failed to stop, reported the posts.

They were removed... Promptly.

He then sent me a rather nasty PM accusing me (wrongly) of being gay, and claiming in no uncertain terms
    that this was a bad thing. (apparently you can't stand up for the rights of anyone not like yourself)

I reported it.

He got perma-banned... promptly.

The point of this?
    If FMF has been reported and the mods agreed with G75 and RC then they would have acted by now.

So either they didn't report FMF.

Or the mods agreed with every other sane person here that FMF has both stayed within the TOS and been remarkably civil
    considering.

Also, G75 should be grateful he sent his abusive PM to someone as nice and friendly as FMF and not someone like say me.
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    I know. But perhaps he forgot himself on a couple of occasions which suggested that he had been reading the posts after all. Proper Knob called him on it at least once. There was some convoluted explanation about a laptop. It's interesting that he makes claims and comments about me post after post after post and thread after thread while claiming to refuse to read any of my responses to what he has said. Odd way to carry on.
    I am sure the injured party will accept your full unreserved abject public apology
    and suitable monetary compensation.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:48
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I am sure the injured party will accept your full unreserved abject public apology
    and suitable monetary compensation.
    I am trying to work out if you are being serious or sarcastic...

If it's sarcasm you need to flag it better.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:49
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Also, G75 should be grateful he sent his abusive PM to someone as nice and friendly as FMF and not someone like say me.
    One reason I did not report galveston75's abusive and threatening PM is because I do not wish to curtail his freedom of speech, a courtesy he seems unwilling to offer me in return.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:50
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I am trying to work out if you are being serious or sarcastic...

If it's sarcasm you need to flag it better.
    yes I am just being sarcastic.
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    One reason I did not report galveston75's abusive and threatening PM is because I do not wish to curtail his freedom of speech, a courtesy he seems unwilling to offer me in return.
    So is there no way back now?

Can it not all be put to rights?

Or are you all still at DEFCON 1?
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:51
    yes I am just being sarcastic.
    Good to know...

Poe's law and all that.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 01:57
    Or are you all still at DEFCON 1?
    You're asking the wrong poster. I haven't reported anyone to the moderators, I haven't sent any abusive PMs to anyone, I haven't been trying to get anyone banned from the site.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 02:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    It started with this: Thread 150006 page 10 near the bottom.
    And then there is Thread 150191 page 22 onwards.
    Perhaps he was just asking a question as why he would or should? He did not say he had not reported this to a moderator at all.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 02:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Perhaps he was just asking a question as why he would or should? He did not say he had not reported this to a moderator at all.
    robbie had clearly forgotten that he had claimed to have alerted the moderators. Also, see how personal and verbose he becomes, and how contorted his defence becomes, after he realizes he's dropped the clanger.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 02:27
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Right...hell, playing the same game here, perhaps I was just randomly typing stuff and it's only by sheer coincidence it happens to look like I was demonstrating Robbie is a blatant liar! 😵
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 02:30
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I made the list! 😵

Didn't know whether I'd ever make it but what follows from post 4 of http://www.redhotchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=150191&page=24 finally did the trick!
    Mine's still a virgin (safely tucked away in its original white, corrugated factory issue RHP Iggy Box).
    -
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 02:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    robbie had clearly forgotten that he had claimed to have alerted the moderators. Also, see how personal and verbose he becomes, and how contorted his defence becomes, after he realizes he's dropped the clanger.
    I don't agree but that's my thought and the best I have.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 02:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're asking the wrong poster. I haven't reported anyone to the moderators, I haven't sent any abusive PMs to anyone, I haven't been trying to get anyone banned from the site.
    I'm impressed, FMF. Both tone and content of this disclosure resonate sincerity and fact.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree