1. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    04 Apr '11 13:32
    What happened to the challenge -

    therefore i am giving you homework, research a miracle of Christ any one and i can guarantee that the details of the gospel accounts lend themselves to the conclusion that not only was Christ real, but so were his miracles.!


    John 1-12 was read 3 days ago and then you disappeared.
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    04 Apr '11 16:062 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What happened to the challenge -

    therefore i am giving you homework, research a miracle of Christ any one and i can guarantee that the details of the gospel accounts lend themselves to the conclusion that not only was Christ real, but so were his miracles.!


    John 1-12 was read 3 days ago and then you disappeared.
    i have not disappeared, i am just mega busy, just time to pop in and do a few posts,
    play a few moves and off again. The details that you require take some time to
    study. I must read Eldersheim and other commentators. Just for clarification, the
    miracles are not mine as suggested by the title thread, i am a mere slave of the
    Lord, not a miracle worker.
  3. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    18 Apr '11 09:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i have not disappeared, i am just mega busy, just time to pop in and do a few posts,
    play a few moves and off again. The details that you require take some time to
    study. I must read Eldersheim and other commentators. Just for clarification, the
    miracles are not mine as suggested by the title thread, i am a mere slave of the
    Lord, not a miracle worker.
    I'm still waiting on this Rob.
  4. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    19 Apr '11 16:41
    ....................still waiting................
  5. St. Peter's
    Joined
    06 Dec '10
    Moves
    11308
    19 Apr '11 16:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    ....................still waiting................
    d'oh!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91921
    19 Apr '11 22:29
    C'mon guys.... he's "mega busy". Give the man a break , will yas? 😉
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    19 Apr '11 23:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    C'mon guys.... he's "mega busy". Give the man a break , will yas? 😉
    If you've ever played the Final Fantasy series Robbie Carrobie is like 'cactuar', the minute you get him out of his comfort zone he legs it 😵
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91921
    19 Apr '11 23:56
    Ok, well I guess I'll put my two cents worth into this "miracle" business.

    It may seem like a miracle to a person from the old/third world to show them an ipad or perhaps someone flying with a jetpack, but to us we know know there is a completely logical explanation for why a someone could take of into the sky with a jetpack.
    Similarly , it may seem miraculous for us to see some advanced technology from an advanced race (E.T's), but from their point of view that technology (say an advanced flying "machine" ) would just be normal and not miraculous at all.

    The other idea, (that I picked up from somewhere), is that "God" only needs to perform miracles when the collective faith of the people is low.
    I take that to mean that miracles are an uneccessary distraction from the down -to -Earth , postive, simple actions that can be taken by everyone anyday to make the world a bettter place.

    Robbbie....Oh ROBBIE !!!! Where art thou?
  9. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    20 Apr '11 09:491 edit
    Originally posted by Robbie Carrobie on 4th April
    i have not disappeared, i am just mega busy, just time to pop in and do a few posts,
    play a few moves and off again.
    Doing a forum search of posts by Robbie between the 5th of April and today comes back with 22 pages of posts. With 15 posts per page, Robbie has made around 330 posts since he declared himself too busy to respond. 16 of them were made yesterday.

    I am tempted to call him dishonest.

    --- Penguin
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '11 09:51
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Doing a forum search of posts by Robbie between the 5th of April and today comes back with 22 pages of posts. With 15 posts per page, [b]Robbie has made around 330 posts since he declared himself too busy to respond. 16 of them were made yesterday.

    I am tempted to call him dishonest.

    --- Penguin[/b]
    you guys can call me what you like, i dont care,
  11. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    20 Apr '11 09:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you guys can call me what you like, i dont care,
    What happened to the challenge though?
  12. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '11 09:54
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    ....................still waiting................
    ok, you win dear Noobster, whatever it was that you wanted, you win. I have already stated that i need to do research, for which i have not the inclination for it became apparent that in the end, what would the result be, would you accept the scriptural testimony, not likely, therefore you win whatever it was that you were debating or seeking to acquire, Noobster 1 - Robbie and the miracles 0
  13. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    20 Apr '11 09:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok, you win dear Noobster, whatever it was that you wanted, you win. I have already stated that i need to do research, for which i have not the inclination for it became apparent that in the end, what would the result be, would you accept the scriptural testimony, not likely, therefore you win whatever it was that you were debating or seeking to acquire, Noobster 1 - Robbie and the miracles 0
    It's not about winning.

    You issued the challenge, i was just intrigued to see where it was going to go. It appears now that it is going nowhere.
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Apr '11 09:591 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It's not about winning.

    You issued the challenge, i was just intrigued to see where it was going to go. It appears now that it is going nowhere.
    nope, for you have won the challenge, i cannot produce anything to your satisfaction, you win. Are there any recantations that i need to make, ill make them, any assertions that i need to retract, ill retract them pile them up and ill work through them, no problemo.
  15. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    20 Apr '11 10:03
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Doing a forum search of posts by Robbie between the 5th of April and today comes back with 22 pages of posts. With 15 posts per page, [b]Robbie has made around 330 posts since he declared himself too busy to respond. 16 of them were made yesterday.

    I am tempted to call him dishonest.

    --- Penguin[/b]
    And now he has time to start a new thread with a nice long post on the same topic (but addressing a different poster), but carefully avoiding the particular verse given in this thread.
Back to Top