1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 13:32
    What happened to the challenge -

therefore i am giving you homework, research a miracle of Christ any one and i can guarantee that the details of the gospel accounts lend themselves to the conclusion that not only was Christ real, but so were his miracles.!

John 1-12 was read 3 days ago and then you disappeared.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 16:062 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What happened to the challenge -

therefore i am giving you homework, research a miracle of Christ any one and i can guarantee that the details of the gospel accounts lend themselves to the conclusion that not only was Christ real, but so were his miracles.!

John 1-12 was read 3 days ago and then you disappeared.
    i have not disappeared, i am just mega busy, just time to pop in and do a few posts,
    play a few moves and off again. The details that you require take some time to
    study. I must read Eldersheim and other commentators. Just for clarification, the
    miracles are not mine as suggested by the title thread, i am a mere slave of the
    Lord, not a miracle worker.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 09:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i have not disappeared, i am just mega busy, just time to pop in and do a few posts,
    play a few moves and off again. The details that you require take some time to
    study. I must read Eldersheim and other commentators. Just for clarification, the
    miracles are not mine as suggested by the title thread, i am a mere slave of the
    Lord, not a miracle worker.
    I'm still waiting on this Rob.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 16:41
    ....................still waiting................
  5. St. Peter's
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 16:44
    d'oh!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 22:29
    C'mon guys.... he's "mega busy". Give the man a break , will yas? 😉
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 23:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    C'mon guys.... he's "mega busy". Give the man a break , will yas? 😉
    If you've ever played the Final Fantasy series Robbie Carrobie is like 'cactuar', the minute you get him out of his comfort zone he legs it 😵
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 23:56
    Ok, well I guess I'll put my two cents worth into this "miracle" business.

It may seem like a miracle to a person from the old/third world to show them an ipad or perhaps someone flying with a jetpack, but to us we know know there is a completely logical explanation for why a someone could take of into the sky with a jetpack.
    Similarly , it may seem miraculous for us to see some advanced technology from an advanced race (E.T's), but from their point of view that technology (say an advanced flying "machine" ) would just be normal and not miraculous at all.

The other idea, (that I picked up from somewhere), is that "God" only needs to perform miracles when the collective faith of the people is low.
    I take that to mean that miracles are an uneccessary distraction from the down -to -Earth , postive, simple actions that can be taken by everyone anyday to make the world a bettter place.

Robbbie....Oh ROBBIE !!!! Where art thou?
  9. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 09:491 edit
    Originally posted by Robbie Carrobie on 4th April
    play a few moves and off again.
    Doing a forum search of posts by Robbie between the 5th of April and today comes back with 22 pages of posts. With 15 posts per page, Robbie has made around 330 posts since he declared himself too busy to respond. 16 of them were made yesterday.

I am tempted to call him dishonest.

--- Penguin
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 09:51
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Doing a forum search of posts by Robbie between the 5th of April and today comes back with 22 pages of posts. With 15 posts per page, [b]Robbie has made around 330 posts since he declared himself too busy to respond. 16 of them were made yesterday.

--- Penguin[/b]
    you guys can call me what you like, i dont care,
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 09:53
    you guys can call me what you like, i dont care,
    What happened to the challenge though?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 09:54
    ok, you win dear Noobster, whatever it was that you wanted, you win. I have already stated that i need to do research, for which i have not the inclination for it became apparent that in the end, what would the result be, would you accept the scriptural testimony, not likely, therefore you win whatever it was that you were debating or seeking to acquire, Noobster 1 - Robbie and the miracles 0
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 09:58
    ok, you win dear Noobster, whatever it was that you wanted, you win. I have already stated that i need to do research, for which i have not the inclination for it became apparent that in the end, what would the result be, would you accept the scriptural testimony, not likely, therefore you win whatever it was that you were debating or seeking to acquire, Noobster 1 - Robbie and the miracles 0
    It's not about winning.

You issued the challenge, i was just intrigued to see where it was going to go. It appears now that it is going nowhere.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 09:591 edit
    It's not about winning.

You issued the challenge, i was just intrigued to see where it was going to go. It appears now that it is going nowhere.
    nope, for you have won the challenge, i cannot produce anything to your satisfaction, you win. Are there any recantations that i need to make, ill make them, any assertions that i need to retract, ill retract them pile them up and ill work through them, no problemo.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 10:03
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Doing a forum search of posts by Robbie between the 5th of April and today comes back with 22 pages of posts. With 15 posts per page, [b]Robbie has made around 330 posts since he declared himself too busy to respond. 16 of them were made yesterday.

--- Penguin[/b]
    And now he has time to start a new thread with a nice long post on the same topic (but addressing a different poster), but carefully avoiding the particular verse given in this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree