1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 15:511 edit
    Sad but true, some hold this point of view:

"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it." - Flannery O'Connor

gb
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 18:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Sad but true, some hold this point of view:

"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it." - Flannery O'Connor

gb[/b]
    Where are you going?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 18:32

gb[/b]
    Who here thinks like this? the atheists??
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 20:24

gb[/b]
    This line was spoken by a character in her first novel (Wise Blood) who founds a church called The Church of God Without Christ.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 20:30
    Originally posted by JS357
    This line was spoken by a character in her first novel (Wise Blood) who founds a church called The Church of God Without Christ.
    You're saying grampy bobby is not original...?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 23:122 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Where are you going?
    “If you don’t know where you’re going, you might end up some place else.” -Berra

>Sent from arena two
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 23:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You're saying grampy bobby is not original...?
    GB attributed it to her, the author, but this does not mean she was expressing her view. I wanted to help clarify that. Apparently (ref: wikipedia) she was a devout Christian all her short life. I think it expresses the existential meaningless that many Christians say that the nonbeliever confronts, a meaninglessness that Christianity defeats, for its followers.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 23:34
    GB attributed it to her, the author, but this does not mean she was expressing her view. I wanted to help clarify that. Apparently (ref: wikipedia) she was a devout Christian all her short life. I think it expresses the existential meaningless that many Christians say that the nonbeliever confronts, a meaninglessness that Christianity defeats, for its followers.
    Existensialism . Now that would be a great debate topic๐Ÿ˜‰
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '12 23:591 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Existensialism . Now that would be a great debate topic๐Ÿ˜‰
    Will this do?

[thread]138362[/thread]

Well, that didn't work but its the thread number, the OP is titled Spirituality and Existentialism and you were one of the posters to it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 00:07
    Will this do?

[thread]138362[/thread]

Well, that didn't work but its the thread number, the OP is titled Spirituality and Existentialism and you were one of the posters to it.
    Thread 138362
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 00:08
    Are you claiming karoly aczel exists because he posts?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 00:19
    Will this do?

[thread]138362[/thread]

Yeah well i guess we tried. Made a little dent. Lemonjello summed it up pretty well in the end.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 05:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah well i guess we tried. Made a little dent. Lemonjello summed it up pretty well in the end.
    Yes, he did, in reaction to a poster's need to believe in an external source of meaning instead of realizing the source is oneself. Even the choice to place the source outside oneself, is our own to make or not.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/2782.Viktor_E_Frankl

And thanks to FMF. threadid it is.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jul '12 05:19
    Yes, he did, in reaction to a poster's need to believe in an external source of meaning instead of realizing the source is oneself. Even the choice to place the source outside oneself, is our own to make or not.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/2782.Viktor_E_Frankl

And thanks to FMF. threadid it is.
    Aye ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks FMF ๐Ÿ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree