1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 20:42
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    So you're saying you're not an overseer?
    that is correct, i am not an overseer.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 20:481 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And which of these qualities is not expected of an ordinary Christian?
    yes they are expected of ordinary Christians, but in the overseer they are to be exemplary, above reproach. Also if you notice there are certain situations which may disqualify one, or make it difficult to serve as an overseer and have mainly to do with reputation.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 01:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes they are expected of ordinary Christians, but in the overseer they are to be exemplary, above reproach. Also if you notice there are certain situations which may disqualify one, or make it difficult to serve as an overseer and have mainly to do with reputation.
    What torment: complete access to the most beautiful masterpieces of art known to man and unable to see anything within a frame.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 04:43
    I'm just growing tired of all of the JW rubbish you and G75 spew is all!! You are absolutely correct there are many in or amongst Christendom that are greedy and possibly make too much money. However Jesus used the parable of the Wheat and the Tares and I will not insult your intelligence as you know what the parable means. God will Judge. The flip side of this is do not muzzle the Ox while it is threshing. God's workers are allowed a wage to live.

Manny
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 08:371 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'm just growing tired of all of the JW rubbish you and G75 spew is all!! You are absolutely correct there are many in or amongst Christendom that are greedy and possibly make too much money. However Jesus used the parable of the Wheat and the Tares and I will not insult your intelligence as you know what the parable means. God will Judge. The flip side o ...[text shortened]... ot muzzle the Ox while it is threshing. God's workers are allowed a wage to live.

Manny
    i want to hear you say it Manny, you have made the statement that the leaders of Jehovahs witnesses are greedy for dishonest gain, Tell the forum Manny what anyone in the organisation of Jehovahs witnesses gets paid for the many hours of voluntary work that they do, or can you not bring yourself to admit the truth?

And while you try to justify what amounts to nothing but a lie, the Apostle Paul clearly demonstrated that a Christian minister should be self sufficient, not fleecing the flock as the leaders of Christendom are notorious for doing!

(2 Thessalonians 3:7-8) . . .For you yourselves know the way you ought to imitate us, because we did not behave disorderly among you  nor did we eat food from anyone free. To the contrary, by labour and toil night and day we were working so as not to impose an expensive burden upon any one of you. . .

(Ephesians 4:28) . . .let him do hard work, doing with his hands what is good work, that he may have something to distribute to someone in need. . .
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '10 08:43
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    What torment: complete access to the most beautiful masterpieces of art known to man and unable to see anything within a frame.
    art is one thing, beauty quite another, infact of all the artistic works that i have admired, many are indeed framed, its only the conceptual nonsense that i tend to reject on the basis that it is neither artistic nor beautiful or that it cannot be understood. It is a gross failure on the part of the artist if he cannot communicate simply and without affection, what he is trying to convey.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 02:39
    i want to hear you say it Manny, you have made the statement that the leaders of Jehovahs witnesses are greedy for dishonest gain, Tell the forum Manny what anyone in the organisation of Jehovahs witnesses gets paid for the many hours of voluntary work that they do, or can you not bring yourself to admit the truth?

And while you try to justify ...[text shortened]... th his hands what is good work, that he may have something to distribute to someone in need. . .
    I did not dispute you about Christendom. I guarantee somewhere among the JW's there is greed and abuse though.

Manny
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 09:04
    I did not dispute you about Christendom. I guarantee somewhere among the JW's there is greed and abuse though.

Manny
    No Manny you are not getting away with it, i want to hear you state how much they get paid for willingly giving up their precious time and effort in the more than 100,000 congregations of Jehovahs Witnesses worldwide. How much? Its a very broad target is it not?
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 14:48
    No Manny you are not getting away with it, i want to hear you state how much they get paid for willingly giving up their precious time and effort in the more than 100,000 congregations of Jehovahs Witnesses worldwide. How much? Its a very broad target is it not?
    Is is public record? Something I can research?

Manny
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 15:03
    Some get paid... in bullets.

http://www.watchtowernews.org/familymurders.htm
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 15:11
    Is is public record? Something I can research?

Manny
    Surely all charitable organisations are required to publish their financial reports? that besides you have made a profoundly erroneous statement and should apologise for it.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 05:43
    Apologize for what? My point is JW's are human and not above reproach.

Manny
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 13:03
    Denominational religion (of all religions) especially Christianity is a complete anathema to me, I can't stand it. Paid ministers, manses, pensions, collections, leadership/laity, dog-collars and cell-groups... ugh!

The stuff on God Channel TV etc is even worse, box-office money centered car-crash Christianity driven by charlatans and jokers.

Like Freaky, I make my own way.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 19:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Denominational religion (of all religions) especially Christianity is a complete anathema to me, I can't stand it. Paid ministers, manses, pensions, collections, leadership/laity, dog-collars and cell-groups... ugh!

The stuff on God Channel TV etc is even worse, box-office money centered car-crash Christianity driven by charlatans and jokers.

Like Freaky, I make my own way.
    dont let Freaky fool you, he simply took the fifth lest he incriminate himself! Today i learned that a church of Scotland minister over and above his house, his car and his normal salary, gets £34,000 pounds for visiting hospitals.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 19:00
    Apologize for what? My point is JW's are human and not above reproach.

Manny
    that was not your point, you stated that the leaders of Jehovah Witnesses were greedy and corrupt.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree