1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    15 Oct '09 11:401 edit
    Ok kids, this is your chance to step up and weigh your good works and bad deeds to see if you have earned your way into heaven. So everyone who thinks this is the road to salvation, pony up and step on the scales and lets see what you are made of.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    15 Oct '09 12:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    Ok kids, this is your chance to step up and weigh your good works and bad deeds to see if you have earned your way into heaven. So everyone who thinks this is the road to salvation, pony up and step on the scales and lets see what you are made of.
    Participation in this thread would nullify one's good works.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    15 Oct '09 12:20
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Participation in this thread would nullify one's good works.
    How so? Are you suggesting that vaunting ones good works would bring pride and arrogance as indicated by St. Paul when he said that no man is saved via good workds, least he should boast?
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    15 Oct '09 12:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    How so? Are you suggesting that vaunting ones good works would bring pride and arrogance as indicated by St. Paul when he said that no man is saved via good workds, least he should boast?
    Essentially, yes.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    15 Oct '09 12:40
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Essentially, yes.
    So if you were a man of faith, then you would come to the conclusion that salvation is from grace and not works?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    15 Oct '09 12:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    So if you were a man of faith, then you would come to the conclusion that salvation is from grace and not works?
    No, salvation is from works, although it can be revoked.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    15 Oct '09 12:53
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, salvation is from works, although it can be revoked.
    But I thought you agreed wtih the apostle Pauls teaching that salvation can not be attained via good works least any man should boast....and trust me they would. In fact, we have some on the forum already that insist that their salvation is attained via good works as they sit in judgement over those who say it is attained via grace. Their selfrighteous position in inconsistent with the knowledge that such self righteous behavior brings pride and sin.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Oct '09 13:01
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, salvation is from works, although it can be revoked.
    If salvation is of works, then it can be revoked.

    But nobody takes back a gift.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    15 Oct '09 13:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    But I thought you agreed wtih the apostle Pauls teaching that salvation can not be attained via good works least any man should boast....and trust me they would. In fact, we have some on the forum already that insist that their salvation is attained via good works as they sit in judgement over those who say it is attained via grace. Their selfrighteous position in inconsistent with the knowledge that such self righteous behavior brings pride and sin.
    I didn't really read your St. Paul quote too closely. I would amend it to read as follows:

    Vaunting ones good works would bring pride and arrogance. Therefore no man is saved via good works if he should boast.

    Better?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148419
    15 Oct '09 13:38
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I didn't really read your St. Paul quote too closely. I would amend it to read as follows:

    Vaunting ones good works would bring pride and arrogance. Therefore no man is saved via good works if he should boast.

    Better?
    You twist the scriptures to make them mean what you want?
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    15 Oct '09 13:391 edit
    I don't think heaven or hell exists. If there is to be an existence after our time has concluded here, then I imagine it to be nothing like anything we have experienced in this existence.

    There is a great deal I do not care for in this existence and that I do not wish to caryy over into another existence. If the next existence can't correct these issues then I would likely choose not to be a part of it.

    Which is to say: I am entirely ok with not existing after I die. If that's the way it is supposed to be then the die was already cast and it's out of my hands anyway.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148419
    15 Oct '09 13:40
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, salvation is from works, although it can be revoked.
    Like a pay check you work for it you earn it, no wait if you earn a pay
    check it is yours because you worked for it. So you think good works
    may not be enough, because God can change His mind for some
    reason?
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148419
    15 Oct '09 13:42
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I don't think heaven or hell exists. If there is to be an existence after our time has concluded here, then I imagine it to be nothing like anything we have experienced in this existence.

    There is a great deal I do not care for in this existence and that I do not wish to caryy over into another existence. If the next existence can't correct these issues ...[text shortened]... the way it is supposed to be then the die was already cast and it's out of my hands anyway.
    Its out of your hands either way, your liking or disliking any of it does
    not add to or take away from either position if they be true.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    15 Oct '09 13:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Its out of your hands either way, your liking or disliking any of it does
    not add to or take away from either position if they be true.
    Kelly
    Yes, I believe that's what I said....
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    15 Oct '09 14:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You twist the scriptures to make them mean what you want?
    Kelly
    Isn't that what Paul did?
Back to Top