1. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Joined
    05 Nov '07
    Moves
    6631
    07 Dec '07 06:382 edits
    i think not. after all, he gives gifts to children, encouraging them to grow up with a love of material goods. and he (traditionally, at least) enters the house through the chimney - where the fire and smoke and ash are. anyone else smell sulphur? and let's face it - he plays a big part in distracting people's minds from the original religious meaning of christmas. and it is said his name is derived from Saint Nick-olas, and the devil is sometimes known as 'Old Nick'. most damning of all: has anyone ever seen Santa and Satan in the same room at the same time? no! case closed.
  2. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    07 Dec '07 07:17
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    i think not.
    You forgot to mention that they both like the color red.
  3. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    07 Dec '07 11:04
    also he does in the darkness what is exposed in the light
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    07 Dec '07 11:32
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    i think not. after all, he gives gifts to children, encouraging them to grow up with a love of material goods. and he (traditionally, at least) enters the house through the chimney - where the fire and smoke and ash are. anyone else smell sulphur? and let's face it - he plays a big part in distracting people's minds from the original religious meaning of ...[text shortened]... ll: has anyone ever seen Santa and Satan in the same room at the same time? no! case closed.
    I wouldn't be so sure. If you've ever seen the Christmas special "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" (the one with Burgermeister Meisterburger), they practically equate Santa with Jesus. I realize that the Rankin & Bass school of theology is not universally accepted, but it is, I think, an area which deserves more scholarly attention.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    3992
    07 Dec '07 11:45
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    most damning of all: has anyone ever seen Santa and Satan in the same room at the same time? no! case closed.
    at least outside of Futurama, that is.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55242
    07 Dec '07 18:44
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    i think not. after all, he gives gifts to children, encouraging them to grow up with a love of material goods. and he (traditionally, at least) enters the house through the chimney - where the fire and smoke and ash are. anyone else smell sulphur? and let's face it - he plays a big part in distracting people's minds from the original religious meaning of ...[text shortened]... ll: has anyone ever seen Santa and Satan in the same room at the same time? no! case closed.
    Iron Monkey is an anagram for "in key moron".
    Coincidence?

    Well, maybe the first two words are...
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    07 Dec '07 19:41
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    i think not. after all, he gives gifts to children, encouraging them to grow up with a love of material goods. and he (traditionally, at least) enters the house through the chimney - where the fire and smoke and ash are. anyone else smell sulphur? and let's face it - he plays a big part in distracting people's minds from the original religious meaning of ...[text shortened]... ll: has anyone ever seen Santa and Satan in the same room at the same time? no! case closed.
    and satan has a beard
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    07 Dec '07 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I wouldn't be so sure. If you've ever seen the Christmas special "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" (the one with Burgermeister Meisterburger), they practically equate Santa with Jesus. I realize that the Rankin & Bass school of theology is not universally accepted, but it is, I think, an area which deserves more scholarly attention.
    Don't be fooled everyone. I've suspected for quite some time that rwingett is really a Santa worshiper
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    59422
    09 Dec '07 03:11
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    - he plays a big part in distracting people's minds from the original religious meaning of christmas.
    ...and what might that be?
  10. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Joined
    05 Nov '07
    Moves
    6631
    10 Dec '07 04:101 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Iron Monkey is an anagram for "in key moron".
    Coincidence?

    Well, maybe the first two words are...
    congratulations on managing to post without a single scatalogical reference. you're making progress😛 But you know, without that particular weapon in your arse-nal (god, now i'm doing it), you don't have much to shoot with do you (as evidenced by the post i'm responding to)?🙂
  11. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Joined
    05 Nov '07
    Moves
    6631
    10 Dec '07 04:20
    Originally posted by David C
    ...and what might that be?
    yes, yes, the birthday of the baby born in the cowshed who grew up a carpenter, told everyone he was the son of god, got nailed to a cross for it and died, then rose from the dead, married a prostitute and lived happily ever after in Egypt. that's the origin of the holi-day, but really, it's time we all grew up and put away the fairy stories once and for all.
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    10 Dec '07 10:09
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    that's the origin of the holi-day,
    No it isn't.
  13. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Joined
    05 Nov '07
    Moves
    6631
    10 Dec '07 12:261 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No it isn't.
    well argued, sir! but i beg to insist. that's the origin of the holi-day (holy day) even if the date has been shifted.
  14. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    10 Dec '07 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    well argued, sir! but i beg to insist. that's the origin of the holi-day (holy day) even if the date has been shifted.
    Have you asked yourself why it just happens to almost coincide with the northern hemisphere winter solstice? Have you at least looked it up on Wikipedia? or are you just spouting Christian propaganda?

    You might want to look up Saturnalia too while you are digging into santa anagrams.
  15. The sky
    Joined
    05 Apr '05
    Moves
    10385
    10 Dec '07 15:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You might want to look up Saturnalia too while you are digging into santa anagrams.
    Celebrating Saturnalia: Eat incurable girl, Satan!
Back to Top