1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 21:53
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    No he probably won't. It's you that has the "interpretation" not Christianity. Jesus said his church would stand and nothing would prevail against it. Do you really think the God of Jesus would allow the truth to be lost and for St Paul to come in and deceive us all?

You have an interpretation based on only half of the sayings of Jesus (the other h ...[text shortened]... trying to find a "way in" to other Christians , I'm still around to warn them about you.
    KM: St Paul had the complete picture.

More so then Jesus according to the Fundies here.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 22:063 edits
    No he probably won't. It's you that has the "interpretation" not Christianity. Jesus said his church would stand and nothing would prevail against it. Do you really think the God of Jesus would allow the truth to be lost and for St Paul to come in and deceive us all?

You have an interpretation based on only half of the sayings of Jesus (the other h ...[text shortened]... trying to find a "way in" to other Christians , I'm still around to warn them about you.
    Has Josephw authorized you to speak for him?

Why are there so many Christian denominations if there is consensus?

I didn't "run off". I kept waiting for you to provide a logical explanation of how your belief system doesn't contradict the words of Jesus. You were unable to do so. Instead you tried throwing out one red herring after another as you usually do on these threads. You got frustrated because I wasn't buying your arguments. I hate to say it, but thinking abstractly and/or logically just aren't your strengths. Think about it. How many times have you been told that? Did it ever occur to you that maybe it's because it's true?
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 22:14
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Has Josephw authorized you to speak for him?

Why are there so many Christian denominations if there is consensus?

I didn't "run off". I kept waiting for you to provide a logical explanation of how your belief system doesn't contradict the words of Jesus. You were unable to do so. Instead you tried throwing out one red herring after another as you u ...[text shortened]... hreads. I hate to say it, but thinking abstractly and logically just aren't your strengths.
    Ah... but it was only when we started to explore Jesus's sayings about the Holy Spirit and how the spirit would guide us in to all truth that you got twitchy. That's when you ran off , go back and look if you like.

As for the denominations , that's Ok , I have no problem with the various styles of worship. Anyway , Jesus said that his church would stand , so either you deny what he says about this or you don't. I won't expect any straight answers from you .

As for Joseph , I'm not speaking for him , I'm speaking for myself. He will respond in his own way. If I see you wasting his time as you did mine I'll warn him off you. You are a slippery customer out to try and knock and dissorientate Christians by pretending you are following him. I have no time for your hypocrisy or lies and I say this as someone who is pretty placid and accepting most of the time.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 22:26
    Ah... but it was only when we started to explore Jesus's sayings about the Holy Spirit and how the spirit would guide us in to all truth that you got twitchy. That's when you ran off , go back and look if you like.

As for the denominations , that's Ok , I have no problem with the various styles of worship. Anyway , Jesus said that his church woul ...[text shortened]... y or lies and I say this as someone who is pretty placid and accepting most of the time.
    KM: I say this as someone who is pretty placid and accepting most of the time

LMAO!
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 22:524 edits

As for the denominations , that's Ok , I have no problem with the various styles of worship. Anyway , Jesus said that his church woul y or lies and I say this as someone who is pretty placid and accepting most of the time.
    I have no problems with what Jesus had to say about the Holy Spirit. I've told you this countless times, yet you continue to ignore it. I'd suggest that you go back and look, but you don't seem to operate fully within the domain of reality. Take this topic for example. All I asked Josephw was if he recognized that "Christianity" as a whole is filled with contradictions just as "science" is. You proceeded to twist this thing around to some pathetic off-topic libelous attack against me. And you did try to offer an answer for Josephw.
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 23:14
    I have no problems with what Jesus had to say about the Holy Spirit. I've told you this countless times, yet you continue to ignore it. I'd suggest that you go back and look, but you don't seem to operate fully within the domain of reality. Take this topic for example. All I asked Josephw was if he recognized that "Christianity" as a whole is filled with ...[text shortened]... value on the words of Jesus than you do. And you did try to offer an answer for Josephw.
    The problem with your overall position on Christianity and Jesus is that you take a negative and attacking position. If you have some great truth to reveal to us all that we have not realised (EG- how we might overcome sin 100% without recourse to the saving blood of Chrsit) then by all means preach it and share it with us.

If you truely have the truth then you will tell us how you have done this and where you are going right and we are going wrong. Instead , when I challenge you to explain further you say it's not relevant. You are a de-constructer rather than a builder. A knocker rather then a sharer. If you claim St Paul's version of the truth is a lie then tell us your truth and how it has enabled you to overcome sin 100% .

You seem to always start you posts with an attempt to point out contradictions in someone else's postion rather than just sharing your own "good news". When me and ephin have pressed you to reveal further your "truth" you evade the debate and instead try to deflect back to so called contradictions in Christianity.

If you have something positive to share with us that might help us then tell us - and start by telling us how it has helped you first - then we might have reason to take you seriously.

As a guru once said "Don't fight the light with darkness , just make the light shine brighter".

I'm quite happy to share the light I have concerning the unconditional acceptance of Christ through faith. Care to share your light?
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 23:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    KM: I say this as someone who is pretty placid and accepting most of the time

LMAO!
    I am , but if somone calls me a retard and then refuses to see how offensive that word is then I will stick up for myself.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 23:35
    The problem with your overall position on Christianity and Jesus is that you take a negative and attacking position. If you have some great truth to reveal to us all that we have not realised (EG- how we might overcome sin 100% without recourse to the saving blood of Chrsit) then by all means preach it and share it with us.

If you truely have the ...[text shortened]... rning the unconditional acceptance of Christ through faith. Care to share your light?
    Do you ever take a look at yourself? Here you've hi-jacked this thread in order to start a libelous attack. I mean, can you possibly be further off-topic? The way you twist the positions of others in an attempt to prop up your ego is pathetic. For one who professes to worship the God of Truth, you have little regard for it.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 00:08
    Do you ever take a look at yourself? Here you've hi-jacked this thread in order to start a libelous attack. I mean, can you possibly be further off-topic? The way you twist the positions of others in an attempt to prop up your ego is pathetic. For one who professes to worship the God of Truth, you have little regard for it.
    See , you are at it again...knock ..knock..bash ...bash

All you seem to do is try to point out either contradictions in Christianity or dismiss others as "having eyes but not seeing"

I can tell you what I am for and how it has affected me. I am for the unconditional acceptance and love and grace of christ. It is his love that liberates me via acceptance.

Now ...stop knocking what others stand for and say what YOU stand for for a change.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 01:103 edits
    See , you are at it again...knock ..knock..bash ...bash

All you seem to do is try to point out either contradictions in Christianity or dismiss others as "having eyes but not seeing"

I can tell you what I am for and how it has affected me. I am for the unconditional acceptance and love and grace of christ. It is his love that liberates me via acc ...[text shortened]... ptance.

Now ...stop knocking what others stand for and say what YOU stand for for a change.
    Why do you continue to use deceit in pretending that I haven't stated my position? I've stated it to you numerous times. Does it really make you feel superior when you make false accusations?

Let me see if I understand what you're saying:
    When others are critical of you or your belief system, then they are a "de-constuctor" and a "knocker".

When you are critical of others or their belief system, then you are a "builder" and a "sharer".

Let me "share" Matthew 7:3-5 with you.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 03:14
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    It was once thought that masturbation caused baldness and blindness and that chronic masturbators had lower intelligence. This was considered "truth." Is new information about this a "lie"?
    You're dissimilating the truth here.

The fact is truth is under attack.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 03:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    I thought it was the consensus that the earth was warming. Now I hear that things might just be cooling off.

When will these scientists actually figure it out?
    "Global cooling"? What are you talking about?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 03:30
    Ro 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
    Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
    Ro 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way.
    Ro 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
    Ro 15:14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
    Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
    1Co 16:20 All the brethren greet you. Greet ye one another with an holy kiss.
    2Co 13:12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.
    Ga 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
    Ga 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
    Ga 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
    Ga 6:2 Bear ye one another‘s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
    Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
    Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
    Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
    Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
    1Th 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
    1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
    1Th 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 03:513 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ro 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
    Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
    Ro 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brot ...[text shortened]... ds.
    1Th 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
    When someone takes to attacking another by spreading lies the loving thing to do is to rebuke him.

Of course there is nothing loving about attacking another by spreading lies.

God is truth. The truth will make you free.

"You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free"
    "They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
    Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."
    "And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever." (John 8:32-35).
  15. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    10 Feb '08 09:47
    Why do you continue to use deceit in pretending that I haven't stated my position? I've stated it to you numerous times. Does it really make you feel superior when you make false accusations?

Let me see if I understand what you're saying:
    When others are critical of you or your belief system, then they are a "de-constuctor" and a "knocker".

When y ...[text shortened]... then you are a "builder" and a "sharer".

Let me "share" Matthew 7:3-5 with you.
    You are still doing it , even now ...knock ..knock ..bash bash

Here let me show you what stating your position actually is....

My position is that I believe in the saving unconditional love of christ. It is the love and grace of christ that transforms me and helps me accept myself in my deepest , darkest places. Knowing that the love of God can penetrate and forgive areas of your life where many humans would just shake their heads in judgement is the real liberation of the Gospel. Freedom from guilt and from "performing" for God in order to try and gain love , striving for perfection out of anxiety , learning that you are loved for who you are and not what you do and that you are loved before you change not because you have changed. These are the things that have made a deep impact on me.

Why don't you just share with us all how Jesus has changed your life and how you have overcome sin 100% then we can all be enlightened by your interpretation of Jesus which you have often stated as superior to St Paul's.

If you are right about Christianity then you have a massively important message to share. But the way you share it is by trying to de-construct other people's position rather than stating what you do in your life. There's nothing wrong in offering criticism of other's beliefs but it seems to be all that you ever do.

This is why I say you have not stated your position--> You claim that we must overcome sin 100% in order to be accepted by Jesus and saved but you will not say if you have overcome sin yourself. If you cannot live by what you preach then why should anyone listen?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree