1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 10:201 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    This would be funny if it wasn't so said. The issue I raised was that Christianity as a whole is filled with contradictions just as science is. You spent exactly no time on the issue. Instead you took this as an opportunity to attack me and my beliefs with an assortment of distortions, half-truths and outright lies.

Let me know if you ever want to see /or abstractly seriously hampers your ability to form an cohesive argument based on reason.
    How can anyone seek your version of "truth" when you won't share it in an authentic open fashion. You won't reveal anything so it can't be tested or challenged. I'm not even sure what it is you want me to "seek".

If it's "reasonable" to have a non-position based on picking the bones of others beliefs , endless reptitions of abstract statements (ie "the truth will set you free" ) and no personal experience to back it up then I would prefer to be unreasonable.

I wasn't in this to discuss the issue with you because I know you won't do that with integrity because you just dissappear when you get exposed to the Truth. I was here to stop you in your tracks before you started to peddle your travesty of the Gospel to others. The Jesus you peddle is a lie.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 18:201 edit
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    I wasn't in this to discuss the issue with you because I know you won't do that with integrity because you just dissappear when you get exposed to the Truth. I was here to stop you in your tracks before you started to peddle your travesty of the Gospel to others.
    A pre-emptive attack? Did you take your cue from George W. ? At least you've finally admitted that you are the attacker and one without provocation. You expended quite a bit of effort earlier trying to paint me as the attacker. You continue to provide example after example of your hypocrisy. You continue to provide example after example of your use of distortions, half-truth and outright lies.

Once again, perhaps you insist on twisting the truth, i.e. lying, because the truth doesn't serve your purpose. Instead you stoop to invoking the enemy of God, i.e. lies, to do your bidding. If the Holy Spirit is working in you, you hide it remarkably well.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 19:34
    A pre-emptive attack? Did you take your cue from George W. ? At least you've finally admitted that you are the attacker and one without provocation. You expended quite a bit of effort earlier trying to paint me as the attacker. You continue to provide example after example of your hypocrisy. You continue to provide example after example of your use of dis ...[text shortened]... . lies, to do your bidding. If the Holy Spirit is working in you, you hide it remarkably well.
    Do you believe in the Holy Spirit?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 19:551 edit
    Do you believe in the Holy Spirit?
    Like I said eariler: "Let me know if you ever want to seek truth instead of wasting your time and everyone else's on your ego-driven desires to 'win debates'". It seems highly unlikely that you'll be able to overcome your compulsion to use distortions, half-truth and outright lies to try and gain an advantage in your effort to "score points". Your pride always seems to get the better of you.
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:13
    Like I said eariler: "Let me know if you ever want to seek truth instead of wasting your time and everyone else's on your ego-driven desires to 'win debates'". It seems highly unlikely that you'll be able to overcome your compulsion to use distortions, half-truth and outright lies to try and gain an advantage in your effort to "score points". Your pride always seems to get the better of you.
    I'll take that as a "no" then.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:18
    I'll take that as a "no" then.
    I'm not surprised. Yet another example of your not being able to think logically.
  7. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:52
    I'm not surprised. Yet another example of your not being able to think logically.
    So that's a yes then?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:302 edits
    So that's a yes then?
    I'm sure you fail to realize it, but even this line of inquiry of yours is built upon deceit.

You should be concerned about how deceit is so deeply ingrained in your nature.

John 8:44
    "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
  9. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 22:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Don't you think that science should establish the facts based on objective truth and not devise all these clever theories based on their preconceived ideas about how they would like things to be?

I remember a time when science was about the business of establishing fact. But it appears science has evolved.

[b]"Yeah, science adapts and changes according ...[text shortened]... ific community is driven by money. And now politics has joined in. Death by a thousand cuts!
    Sorry I know its a bit late to respond to this statement but I just read it.....
    When exactly has science ever established precise facts? Science is more about questioning reality and asking how than it is about saying why.

If your referring to say, Newtons era, when he devised his very clever laws, everyone thought, we've nearly solved it all... With these gravitational laws we have all the facts......

Then we realized (a long time later) that Newtons laws only apply in the super-atomic scale.... Go sub-atomic and his "facts" stop working a lot of the time..... Same with nearly every "fact" that science has ever put forward....

If you had a better grounding in science you'd understand this.... You clearly don't ( that's not meant as offense either it's the simple truth). So until you do you should probably stop making assumptions.....
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 10:471 edit
    I'm sure you fail to realize it, but even this line of inquiry of yours is built upon deceit.

You should be concerned about how deceit is so deeply ingrained in your nature.

John 8:44
    "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because the ...[text shortened]... ver he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
    So that's a maybe then? (lol)

BTW- (stop accusing me and answer the question - your accusations are a defence mechanism to protect you from answering a question you don't want to answer. You have a long track record of being evasive and accusing others as soon as you are challenged on anything , and I'm not the only one to spot it)
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 11:36
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Sorry I know its a bit late to respond to this statement but I just read it.....
    When exactly has science ever established precise facts? Science is more about questioning reality and asking how than it is about saying why.

If your referring to say, Newtons era, when he devised his very clever laws, everyone thought, we've nearly solved it all... With the ...[text shortened]... t's the simple truth). So until you do you should probably stop making assumptions.....
    I'm not a scientist, but don't assume I don't understand science.

I live in a world of facts. Theory is fine, but it is not fact.

Reality is a fact. If you question the fact of reality you will find yourself in a world of illusion.
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 11:50
    I'm not a scientist, but don't assume I don't understand science.

I live in a world of facts. Theory is fine, but it is not fact.

Reality is a fact. If you question the fact of reality you will find yourself in a world of illusion.
    EXACTLY

Now you only have to admit that there are certain things you take as facts that are FAR away from being so.
    Just move away from your life and education and see things with an independent perspective.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 12:53
    If you question the fact of reality you will find yourself in a world of illusion.
    Or delusion perhaps? Sounds like religion to me.

Can you really escape reality by simply questioning it?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 13:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Or [b]delusion perhaps? Sounds like religion to me.

Can you really escape reality by simply questioning it?[/b]
    Have you ever tried to escape reality?

Can one question that which he knows is reality? If one knows something is real why question it?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 16:192 edits
    So that's a maybe then? (lol)

BTW- (stop accusing me and answer the question - your accusations are a defence mechanism to protect you from answering a question you don't want to answer. You have a long track record of being evasive and accusing others as soon as you are challenged on anything , and I'm not the only one to spot it)
    The accusations are backed by facts which I've pointed out in detail a number of times on this thread. The sad thing is that I've let the majority of them go by. You've yet to refute them, because they're true. So this is yet another attempt at deceit. When does it end?

You have eyes but cannot see.

The truth will make you free.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree