1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    24 Feb '13 05:57
    DNA - God's amazing programming; evidence for his existence

    YouTube

    Information embedded in DNA Proves The Existence of God

    YouTube

    Scientific Proof of God

    YouTube
  2. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Feb '13 06:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    DNA - God's amazing programming; evidence for his existence

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBeCxKzYiIA

    Information embedded in DNA Proves The Existence of God

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xr-OgizBg

    Scientific Proof of God

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzetqYev_AI
    DNA was discovered by science, and is often studied by scientists. But DNA itself is merely a fact of life and not, in itself, science. So to say something is scientific merely because it involves DNA, is a misunderstanding of what science is (or in your case, probably just a bare faced lie).
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    24 Feb '13 06:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    DNA was discovered by science, and is often studied by scientists. But DNA itself is merely a fact of life and not, in itself, science. So to say something is scientific merely because it involves DNA, is a misunderstanding of what science is (or in your case, probably just a bare faced lie).
    Where did I say DNA was science?
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Feb '13 07:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Where did I say DNA was science?
    Where did you give any scientific proof?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35529
    24 Feb '13 15:06
    Any proof of God negates Free Will.

    Faith means nothing if you have proof of God.

    So don't hold your breath waiting for proof of God.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    24 Feb '13 16:161 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Any proof of God negates Free Will.

    Faith means nothing if you have proof of God.

    So don't hold your breath waiting for proof of God.
    It is weird that we call it faith when we followers of Christ have felt his power
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    24 Feb '13 16:23
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It is weird that we call it faith when we followers of Christ have felt his power
    Are there any theistic belief systems that don't have adherents who have claimed to have "felt his power"? How do you account for this?
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Feb '13 17:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Any proof of God negates Free Will.
    You mean free will to choose whether or not to believe in God, not free will in general.
    But you are essentially suggesting that your decision to believe in God is arbitrary and not based on any form of evidence. But then the whole concept of free will always boils down to: either we have reasons for making decisions and our decisions proceed somewhat deterministically, or our decisions are arbitrary. Of course the former can fit well within some definitions of free will, and is in fact the preferred scenario.

    Faith means nothing if you have proof of God.
    Faith for no reason means only one thing, your nuts. Having faith in someone/something that you have no reason to believe can be relied upon is not something to be promoted.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    24 Feb '13 17:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Any proof of God negates Free Will.

    Faith means nothing if you have proof of God.

    So don't hold your breath waiting for proof of God.
    That is stupid to have faith in something without proof. Certainly you can have faith that the Sun will appear in the east every morning because of proof that it has done so in the past. You apparently think of faith as jumping off a high mountain with only the belief that you will land safely. A faith of stupidy.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    24 Feb '13 17:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Where did you give any scientific proof?
    You will have to search through the videos with your head out of your arse to discover the proof of God. Good luck getting it out!
  11. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    24 Feb '13 21:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You will have to search through the videos with your head out of your arse to discover the proof of God. Good luck getting it out!
    In other words, you did not present any such proof and are perfectly well aware that the videos don't either.
    Just admit it already, you saw DNA and thought 'science'.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    24 Feb '13 21:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    In other words, you did not present any such proof and are perfectly well aware that the videos don't either.
    Just admit it already, you saw DNA and thought 'science'.
    You didn't see DNA, and you would not know it if you had. Admit that! 😏
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    25 Feb '13 23:19
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Any proof of God negates Free Will.

    Faith means nothing if you have proof of God.

    So don't hold your breath waiting for proof of God.
    This implies that there is no free will in heaven.

    So if there is no free will in heaven, and yet heaven is a nicer place to be than earth (I assume you believe that to be the case) then free will must not be that essential to our being.

    On the other hand, if there is free will in heaven, then proof of God clearly does not negate free will.

    The only other options I can think of are
    - there is no such thing as heaven
    - there is no such thing as free will

    --- Penguin.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    25 Feb '13 23:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    DNA - God's amazing programming; evidence for his existence

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBeCxKzYiIA

    Information embedded in DNA Proves The Existence of God

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xr-OgizBg

    Scientific Proof of God

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzetqYev_AI
    This thread is bogus. Science as a discipline is committed to naturalistic explanations, period. The problems arise because there are people who don't know or ignore this.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    26 Feb '13 01:02
    Originally posted by Penguin
    This implies that there is no free will in heaven.

    So if there is no free will in heaven, and yet heaven is a nicer place to be than earth (I assume you believe that to be the case) then free will must not be that essential to our being.

    On the other hand, if there is free will in heaven, then proof of God clearly does not negate free will.

    The only ...[text shortened]... f are
    - there is no such thing as heaven
    - there is no such thing as free will

    --- Penguin.
    Satan the devil, and the third of the angels, now called demons, that he convinced to join him in his rebellion against God proves there is free will in Heaven. So try again. 😏
Back to Top