1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 09:37
    A lecture by Paul Bromley detailing the findings of STURP (The Shroud of Turin Research Project); filmed in the late 1980s.

YouTube&feature=related
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 09:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    A lecture by Paul Bromley detailing the findings of STURP (The Shroud of Turin Research Project); filmed in the late 1980s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhsLt4-t5I&feature=related
    This is going to prove what?

sorry, I really dont understand why these shroudy threads keep coming up?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 10:08
    ...get over it.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomchiversscience/100125247/the-turin-shroud-is-fake-get-over-it/
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 13:432 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    This is going to prove what?

sorry, I really dont understand why these shroudy threads keep coming up?
    They prove the shroud of Turin is not a fake according to the view of the people that actually examined the shroud. This is not from 2nd hand sources.

It also justifies the Christian belief in the resurrection of Christ Jesus.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 13:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    ...get over it.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomchiversscience/100125247/the-turin-shroud-is-fake-get-over-it/
    Second hand source. Does not know the truth. Get over it. The actual scientists that examined the shroud say it is not a fake.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 14:01
    Second hand source. Does not know the truth. Get over it. The actual scientists that examined the shroud say it is not a fake.
    You are desperate in your vain attempt to prove your religion is THE one, the only one and ALL others false. Good luck with that.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 14:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You are desperate in your vain attempt to prove your religion is THE one, the only one and ALL others false. Good luck with that.
    It has already been proved. I am only providing a small portion of the evidence, which most of you ignore out of stupidity.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 18:08
    A child could tell it's a fake; but the point is, it is completely irrelevant anyway.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 18:47
    A child could tell it's a fake; but the point is, it is completely irrelevant anyway.
    A child was not permitted to examine it. So your argument breaks down. 😏
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 18:56
    Is individual personal examination required to authenticate?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 20:13
    Your hero in your video, 30 odd years old now, btw, says up front nobody can say, even if proven not to be fake, that is JC himself. You are stretching things to the limit in your desperate attempt to justify your hypocritical faith, Paulism.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 03:14
    I remember watching a doc on this on TV and they were able to tell that part of the shroud came from and older piece and sometime in the middle ages they were sewn together the older piece with a much newer piece. Also they found pollen samples within the cloth and if I remember correctly they were able to state that the pollen spores were from the middle east / Palestine area. They said the image could not have been produced by any technology from that era and that it was likened to a mirror or photographic image and that it did indeed come from within the cloth and not from without. Almost like a radiation source and that it was an intense quick burst. It however was inconclusive still and a mystery. I'm one of the few while being sceptical believe it is possible that the shroud is real at least the original parts of it. This however in my mind at least a side issue and not something someone should be basing their faith on.

Manny

PS: I'd like to see Noah's ark conclusively found there is a lot of hearsay evidence and stories about it but not concrete.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 03:39
    They prove the shroud of Turin is not a fake according to the view of the people that actually examined the shroud. This is not from 2nd hand sources.

It also justifies the Christian belief in the resurrection of Christ Jesus.

the first minute of the video you link to disproves your entire claim.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 05:27
    Is individual personal examination required to authenticate?
    Jesue said, "Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

(John 20:29 NASB)
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 05:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your hero in your video, 30 odd years old now, btw, says up front nobody can say, even if proven not to be fake, that is JC himself. You are stretching things to the limit in your desperate attempt to justify your hypocritical faith, Paulism.
    He also says circumstantial evidence proved to him that it was the burial linen of Jesus. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree