1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 12:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no doubt your sense of justice was provoked, however learn form the ancient proverb

(Proverbs 26:17) . . .As one grabbing hold of the ears of a dog is anyone passing by that is becoming furious at the quarrel that is not his.

go in peace my friend, for the waters of your serenity have been perturbed and need to return to calm, then we can reflect in them clearly!
    Exactly Robbie!
    However I am a proponent of dharma, and I reckon we all have to fullfill our own dharma.
    While "peaceful" is the way to go most times I have also read the Baghavad Gita which deals with the issues of war.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 13:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ... we are often reminded of the illustration of the oyster, which starts off with a piece of dirt which is entirely irritating to it, over time it salves that piece of dirt over and eventually it produces a beautiful pearl,
    It is entirely likely that the pearl is just as irritating to the oyster as the original sand grain was. I am fairly sure that it is not 'beautiful' to the oyster and if anything is likely to put the oyster at risk of being killed for the pearl.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 13:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    He has denounced my mother on a personal message and then refused messages from me
    What you must remember is that insults get most of their power from the fact that you respect the insulter's opinion. If you simply ignore him then it will loose most of its sting.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 13:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is entirely likely that the pearl is just as irritating to the oyster as the original sand grain was. I am fairly sure that it is not 'beautiful' to the oyster and if anything is likely to put the oyster at risk of being killed for the pearl.
    my dear friend, you do not think that the pearl is a valid illustration?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 13:12
    Exactly Robbie!
    However I am a proponent of dharma, and I reckon we all have to fullfill our own dharma.
    While "peaceful" is the way to go most times I have also read the Baghavad Gita which deals with the issues of war.
    i am unaware of these things, although friends like you and beetle are wont to educate this miserable theist!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 13:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What you must remember is that insults get most of their power from the fact that you respect the insulter's opinion. If you simply ignore him then it will loose most of its sting.
    You're entirely right as well ,Twitehead. Seems Seitse has put me back on his 'ignore' list and furthur insulted me.
    I had asked him to apologize to generalissimo as well and then I would put him back on my 'neutral' list.

I think he thinks I'm going to take the bait and get myself banned.
    i would like to post a smiley face but that would just be a lie at this stage. 😕
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Aug '09 14:55
    He has denounced my mother on a personal message and then refused messages from me
    if you think he's crossed the line just send a feedback.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree