1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 18:12
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    Why would you withdraw it? My husband and I thought it was a well-written message. Very interesting and intelligent.
    "He who takes hold of the plough and looks homeward is not worthy." Jesu
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 21:53
    bump
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 11:41
    Originally posted by Mimor
    bump
    I think the submittal times are too long.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 11:56
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I know the contestants are eager to hear feedback on their entries. I can assure you (speaking for myself), I have spent more time evaluating some of them than went in to preparing them, and that is not a put down of the sermon. I know Mimor and Doctorscribbles spend a lot of time on them as well. What I try to do is get some perspective on how the entry compared to the last one by the person and also how it may relate to another contestant's entry. I read each one at least three times.

Has Jesus called you to the ministry? That would certainly be an unexpected outcome of this endeavor.
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 13:32
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I know the contestants are eager to hear feedback on their entries. I can assure you (speaking for myself), I have spent more time evaluating some of them than went in to preparing them, and that is not a put down of the sermon. I know Mimor and Doctorscribbles spend a lot of time on them as well. What I try to do is get some perspective on how the ent ...[text shortened]... us called you to the ministry? That would certainly be an unexpected outcome of this endeavor.
    I keep waiting for the call. I can honestly say that the Spirituality forum has done more to damage my struggling faith than all the years of dating Catholic girls, going to church and watching Jerry Falwell combined.

I'd make a great TV evangelist.
  6. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 16:06
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Well, I wanted to give more people an opportunity to think about the topic and write something. I made it broad so that someone of any belief system could think of something to say and submit it. I also needed a weekend without my family saying "are you still working on your sermons?"

So that was that. However if the general consensus is for shorter submittal times, I'll go along with it.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 04:43
    Not to rush anyone, but I'm wondering what time tonight the evaluations will be posted..?
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 05:121 edit
    ChronicLeaky opens the round with a winner. Everything else that followed was just a formality in the wake of that homiletic masterpiece. My comments on the others will thus be very brief.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 05:19
    Whodey - boring
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 05:20
    KellyJay - confusing
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 05:21
    Hand - disappointing
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 05:22
    Vistesd - whack
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 05:232 edits
    "my most compelling purpose here is to first love my husband unconditionally and exclusively, and then to raise my children to love God and choose Him as their only Savior. It is absolutely necessary that my husband is first on my priority list"

Sharpe - just pitiful. Surely you don't really mean that.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 05:26
    Pawnhandler - withdrawn
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 12:47
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Whodey - boring
    Thanks for the insightful and well thought out anaylsis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree