1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 22:25
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    He's had a crack at this before. I'll dig it out tomorrow.
    please dont, i failed quite badly to establish a link before, or at least one that was convincing to others.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 01:24
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Depends on what the topic is. Or do we get to choose whatever we want?
    If memory serves, the last time we had the competition 3 judges were appointed and chose the topic for a sermon. There were no other posts allowed EXCEPT for sermons. There were no responses to the sermons and deadlines were given for the sermons to start and end. Then a new thread was created for the judges to judge the sermon.

How does that sound? We already have one judge volunteer, anyone else?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 01:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    If memory serves, the last time we had the competition 3 judges were appointed and chose the topic for a sermon. There were no other posts allowed EXCEPT for sermons. There were no responses to the sermons and deadlines were given for the sermons to start and end. Then a new thread was created for the judges to judge the sermon.

How does that sound? We already have one judge volunteer, anyone else?
    I'll be a judge if you want.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 01:41
    i volunteer to be a spectator and occasional commentator. of course, i will have to withdraw my entry, since to leave it in would be to surely win and i must be fair to the others.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll be a judge if you want.
    Ok, so we have two judges. Anyone else?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:03
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i volunteer to be a spectator and occasional commentator. of course, i will have to withdraw my entry, since to leave it in would be to surely win and i must be fair to the others.
    There will be no commentators. There will only be judges and those who give a sermon. Are you interested in either?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:19
    There will be no commentators. There will only be judges and those who give a sermon. Are you interested in either?
    Surely: (1) subject set (2) preparation time (3) sermons delivered (4) judgement (5) comments, dissenting views, dialogue etc.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:301 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely: (1) subject set (2) preparation time (3) sermons delivered (4) judgement (5) comments, dissenting views, dialogue etc.
    A seperate thread will be started for the judges to come up with a topic and for judges only. Then the judges will set up a time frame with sermons starting on day on until day "X". Then a seperate thread will be created soley for sermons and sermons ONLY. Then another seperate thread will be for the judges to judge the sermons. And the last thread will be for dissenting views and comments.

How's that? So in all we will create 4 seperate threads.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:34
    A seperate thread will be started for the judges to come up with a topic and for judges only. Then the judges will set up a time frame with sermons starting on day on until day "X". Then a seperate thread will be created soley for sermons and sermons ONLY. Then another seperate thread will be for the judges to judge the sermons. And the last thread will b ...[text shortened]... dissenting views and comments.

Sounds like you have collared the Chief Justice job.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sounds like you have collared the Chief Justice job.
    The Chief Justice needs one more judge!!
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:39
    The Chief Justice needs one more judge!!
    Make him a hangin' judge.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:40
    A seperate thread will be started for the judges to come up with a topic and for judges only. Then the judges will set up a time frame with sermons starting on day on until day "X". Then a seperate thread will be created soley for sermons and sermons ONLY. Then another seperate thread will be for the judges to judge the sermons. And the last thread will b ...[text shortened]... dissenting views and comments.

I recommend setting a character limit in advance.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:51
    I recommend setting a character limit in advance.
    300 word limit?
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:56
    300 word limit?
    Just make it whatever the maximum length a standard RHP post is. Forbid the entrants from exceeding that. In other words, they can't break it up into two posts. It all has to fit in one.

How does that sound?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:58
    Just make it whatever the maximum length a standard RHP post is. Forbid the entrants from exceeding that. In other words, they can't break it up into two posts. It all has to fit in one.

How does that sound?
    Sounds good!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree