1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 04:532 edits
    @sonship said
    if I woke up with the kind of deceived mind that you boast in, it would be better for me to be dead then in such darkness.
    Don't you have any family or friends whom you would love and who would love you even if you weren't a Christian ~ even if you didn't have the "mind" that you display and the rote-learned dogma that you recite here? I don't see how it would be "better for [you] to be dead"? "Better" for your family and friends? "Better" for you in what way?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 10:311 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

After each of those he say "BUT....I say you..." and gives an alternate response with no scripture references.

I trust you learned something from this instruction.

I don't think the Scriptures were divided up into chapter numbers and verse numbers at that time.

Reference to the prophet or writer was given. Or Jesus just said it was ...[text shortened]... e) which He said also cannot be broken.

The scribes. lawyers, and priests knew where to find it.
    Sorry, but you were/are wrong sonship.

You cite a load of scriptures trying trying to prive ME wrong, but epically fail to notice that Jesus says after every reference “but I say unto you...” because he was actually contradicting or at least augmenting scripture. He was adding new instruction to the original Torah/OT text.

You are just to vain to admit you were mistaken.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 10:33
    @sonship said
    @FMF

No thanks. If you want to tell me that my ideas are like "eating faeces" or "spreading germs" or that I have the "nature" of "unclean" animals or insects, or that you would rather die than have a mind like mine, just do it here in public where everyone can read it.

It has nothing to do with what I want to tell you in public or in private.

Y ...[text shortened]... and offer as a superior product is dung, refuse, feces, crap.

Do we understand each other now ?
    You’re a revolting character really aren’t you. Here you are trying to get the bible to support you forum abuse of people who disagree with you. And you wonder why so many posters here don’t respect you.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 11:04
    @sonship said
    Paul said all that he held in high esteem before He discovered Christ he counted as dung in comparison.
    One can deduce that Paul was simply trash-talking the beliefs of people who were not subscribing to the new religion he was setting up.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 11:14
    Christ is the fulfillment of the law, right, and I like to draw the comparison that the law refers to a conventional sort of relaity while Christ refers to the transcendent truths.

And that is illustrated here in the sermon on the mount directly.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 11:191 edit
    @divegeester said
    You’re a revolting character really aren’t you. Here you are trying to get the bible to support you forum abuse of people who disagree with you. And you wonder why so many posters here don’t respect you.
    Apparently Philippians 3:8 authorizes Christians of the sonship kind to tell non-Christians on the internet that they are "eating faeces" and that their ideas are "animal excrement". He called Ghost of a Duke a "stinky, drunken leper" recently for expressing his ideas in a discussion; what Bible verse empowered sonship to do that, I wonder?
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 15:04
    @fmf said
    Apparently Philippians 3:8 authorizes Christians of the sonship kind to tell non-Christians on the internet that they are "eating faeces" and that their ideas are "animal excrement". He called Ghost of a Duke a "stinky, drunken leper" recently for expressing his ideas in a discussion; what Bible verse empowered sonship to do that, I wonder?
    OK, this is the first time in 2019 that I see the "eating feces" thing brought up.

Sonship, do you think this is also the first time the phrase has been u sed against you?

Let's see how many times in 2019 FMF will bring the phrase up -- and we can try to keep count of the mentions of Romans as well, lol.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 15:22
    @philokalia said
    Sonship, do you think this is also the first time the phrase has been u sed against you?
    I've never accused sonship of "eating faeces" or described his beliefs as "faeces". I have never said anything even remotely like that to him in over a decade.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 15:311 edit
    @philokalia said
    OK, this is the first time in 2019 that I see the "eating feces" thing brought up.
    sonship has now made his "eating faeces" thing squarely about the Holy Bible: Philippians 3:8. I can't remember ever using the Bible in such a tawdry way in all my years as Christian.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 20:291 edit
    @fmf said
    sonship has now made his "eating faeces" thing squarely about the Holy Bible: Philippians 3:8. I can't remember ever using the Bible in such a tawdry way in all my years as Christian.
    Probably not, you waited until now, after you denied the Christ.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 23:08
    @suzianne said
    Probably not, you waited until now, after you denied the Christ.
    It's sonship who's citing Philippians 3:8 for his forum banter, not me.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 10:25
    @fmf said
    It's sonship who's citing Philippians 3:8 for his forum banter, not me.
    Aren't you therefore using Phil. 3:8 in your own tawdry way, to denigrate him?

I don't doubt you didn't do that then, but it's right here, right now, now that you believe it's all hogwash anyways.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 10:40
    @suzianne said
    No. He's using Phil. 3:8 ~ not me ~ to justify calling the expression beliefs - that are different from his - as "eating faeces" on an online message board. He's using that verse from the Holy Bible to authorize himself to refer to non-Christian ideas as "eating faeces". It's him who is doing this, and not me. You have it the wrong way around. Have you read the exchange?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 10:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '19 10:461 edit
    @suzianne said

I don't doubt you didn't do that then, but it's right here, right now, now that you believe it's all hogwash anyways.
    It is sonship who is using the bible to defend his accusation of FMF eating faeces. He is using Phil 3:8 and Daniel to justify his use of a distgusting insult.

To be clear...Sonship is claiming that Jesus is saying that it’s ok for him to tell FMF he has been eating and regurgitating s**t.

Edit Why won’t you address sonship suzianne...why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree