1. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:39
    Are we Gods Servant or are we Gods Will?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:45
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Are we Gods Servant or are we Gods Will?
    Neither. We are god's creator. We made him in our image.
  3. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:47
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Fair enough... But you speak of God from a Christian perspective - "HE" - And then argue a non-christian perspective therefore contradicting yourself in the process.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:50
    Fair enough... But you speak of God from a Christian perspective - "HE" - And then argue a non-christian perspective therefore contradicting yourself in the process.
    Huh?

Mankind created the christian god. They also created all the other gods as well. They like to pretend it's the other way around, but it isn't.
  5. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 22:59
    Huh?

Mankind created the christian god. They also created all the other gods as well. They like to pretend it's the other way around, but it isn't.
    And by that logic you have created that perspective for yourself as well.

I think you are lacking in one vital understanding of the concept of "God" and this is the hindu concept, that god has no identity, god is the sum of all things... and by this token, does not create us nor do we create it.
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:07

I think you are lacking in one vital understanding of the concept of "God" and this is the hindu concept, that god has no identity, god is the sum of all things... and by this token, does not create us nor do we create it.
    God is the sum of all things?
    Where does that get us? It may sound all nice and mystical, but it's not a terribly helpful definition ...
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:10

Who cares?
  8. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:36
    Well he was trying to argue that humans created God which relies on the fact that we created our definitions for everything which means that he created his own argument to satisfy his own outlook... so its a void argument to begin with... lets get back to the topic please.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 08:15
    Well he was trying to argue that humans created God which relies on the fact that we created our definitions for everything which means that he created his own argument to satisfy his own outlook... so its a void argument to begin with... lets get back to the topic please.
    No I think the problem is that you have a different deffinition for the word God than most people and somehow expect everyone else to understand what you are saying. However by your own new definition the origional post immediately looses all meaning. So what is going on?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 12:23
    So God was created by us? Don't you mean he evolved from us? You really need to watch the words you use.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 12:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    So God was created by us? Don't you mean he evolved from us? You really need to watch the words you use.
    I think what he meant what that God is not a physical being (or non physical being for that matter) but rather a figment of our imaginations. If that is the case then we created him and he did not evolve from us.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 12:521 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think what he meant what that God is not a physical being (or non physical being for that matter) but rather a figment of our imaginations. If that is the case then we created him and he did not evolve from us.
    And what I meant was that if you are an evolutionist then nothing is a result of "creation". In effect, all things evolve and are not created. THerefore, the concept of God is merely a Darwinian phenomenon. What is odd is that evolutionsists spend all their time attacking this evolutionary progression.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 12:59
    And what I meant was that if you are an evolutionist then nothing is a result of "creation". In effect, all things evolve and are not created. THerefore, the concept of God is merely a Darwinian phenomenon. What is odd is that evolutionsists spend all their time attacking this evolutionary progression.
    You clearly have no understanding of evolution or creationism. I can create a house, a work of art or any number of thoughts in my head. They do not evolve. Evolution says that life evolved not "all things". It is now even possible to create new varieties of life without evolution. The concept of God may be an evolutionary phenomena but so is me making houses and art. Did houses evolve or are they created by people? It is not what words you use but how you use them.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 13:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You clearly have no understanding of evolution or creationism. I can create a house, a work of art or any number of thoughts in my head. They do not evolve. Evolution says that life evolved not "all things". It is now even possible to create new varieties of life without evolution. The concept of God may be an evolutionary phenomena but so is me making ho ...[text shortened]... ouses evolve or are they created by people? It is not what words you use but how you use them.
    How is it hhat we are able to create new varities of life without evolution? Also, if you are able to create, does this make you a god?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 13:21
    How is it hhat we are able to create new varities of life without evolution? Also, if you are able to create, does this make you a god?
    How does the ability to create make you a God? Wheres the logic here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree