I would rather be a king in hell.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 22:56
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    I would rather be a king in hell.
    I don't know enough about the quality of "afterlife" in the two situations to make this call.
  3. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:021 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I don't know enough about the quality of "afterlife" in the two situations to make this call.
    I am not necessarily talking about afterlife concept or "hell" or "heaven" in a religious way. However, you are free to think so if you wish.

I have found this an intersting topic since it strongly adresses the roots of the anarchic philosophy.

p.s. Think about Fight Club and A Clockwork Orange.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:04
    I am not necessarily talking about afterlife concept or "hell" or "heaven" in a religious way. However you are free to thinks so as well.

I have found this an intersting topic since it strongly adresses the roots of the anarchic philosophy.
    How can one talk about Heaven and Hell while not talking about religion or the afterlife?
  5. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:07
    How can one talk about Heaven and Hell while not talking about religion or the afterlife?
    Hell is not somewhere you go, it is the failure of your best ambition.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:081 edit
    Hell is not somewhere you go, it is the failure of your best ambition.
    You want to be king of the failures?

I'd rather be someone who succeeded in their best ambition.

What if my best ambition were to be king of those who failed their best ambitions?!
  7. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:12

What if my best ambition were to be king of those who failed their best ambitions?!
    What if I was James Hetfield?
  8. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:18
    I still wanne be a king, even a king as a chess piece is more noteworthy than a servant.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:25

you dont get it, for example would you rather be on the bench of a varsity team or be a starter on a junior varsity team?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:281 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    you dont get it, for example would you rather be on the bench of a varsity team or be a starter on a junior varsity team?
    You are assuming my best ambition is to be on the varsity team. I'd rather be on the bench of the varsity team than be a starter on the Jr team knowing I would never make it to the varsity team - assuming the goal is to be on the varsity team as you imply!
  11. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '07 23:371 edit
    You are assuming my best ambition is to be on the varsity team. I'd rather be on the bench of the varsity team than be a starter on the Jr team knowing I would never make it to the varsity team - assuming the goal is to be on the varsity team as you imply!
    Any other opinions?
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 01:32
    Thats's funny ,,I thought you'd prefer being on a cheerleader
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 01:45
    did i assume anything? i was explaining what he was saying
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 02:15
    I still wanne be a king, even a king as a chess piece is more noteworthy than a servant.
    Christ once said that if you want to rule over others, you must first be a servant to others. Christ did this and now he is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Conversly, someone like Adolph Hitler who had no desire to be a servant but rather to only rule over others was brought to nothing. Not just in this present world but in the next life to come.
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 02:31
    Originally posted by whodey
    Christ once said that if you want to rule over others, you must first be a servant to others. Christ did this and now he is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Conversly, someone like Adolph Hitler who had no desire to be a servant but rather to only rule over others was brought to nothing. Not just in this present world but in the next life to come.
    serve god and you will be god😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree