Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell

Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
30 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
serve god and you will be god😕
No. God holds the power and no one else. However, he has chosen to allow his creation "powers" of their own. However, we must see the true beauty of such power which is be about the business of God which is to spread his love and good will. Those that do not and abuse their powers for selfish gain will be dealt with accordingly. After all, if there be a God any power is on loan from him and the bill will soon be due. It then stands to reason that the more responsible we are with the power we are given, the more God will then intrust us with in the future, no?

G

Moves
30 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
No. God holds the power and no one else. However, he has chosen to allow his creation "powers" of their own. However, we must see the true beauty of such power which is be about the business of God which is to spread his love and good will. Those that do not and abuse their powers for selfish gain will be dealt with accordingly. After all, if there be a God any power is on loan from him and the bill will soon be due.
Well put B😕

E

Moves
30 Jan 07

No. God holds the power and no one else. However, he has chosen to allow his creation "powers" of their own. However, we must see the true beauty of such power which is be about the business of God which is to spread his love and good will. Those that do not and abuse their powers for selfish gain will be dealt with accordingly. After all, if there be a ...[text shortened]... we are with the power we are given, the more God will then intrust us with in the future, no?
what does that have to do with serving?

V

Earth

Moves
30 Jan 07

Christ once said that if you want to rule over others, you must first be a servant to others. Christ did this and now he is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Conversly, someone like Adolph Hitler who had no desire to be a servant but rather to only rule over others was brought to nothing. Not just in this present world but in the next life to come.
Well said, whodey!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 07

did i assume anything? i was explaining what he was saying
You explanation was very poor.

E

Moves
30 Jan 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
You explanation was very poor.
it is the exact same thing, only in a real life situation

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 07

it is the exact same thing, only in a real life situation
No it isn't.

E

Moves
30 Jan 07

No it isn't.
would you rather be a servant in heaven, or a king in hell? is the origonal question.

would you rather be benched on varsity or a starter in junior varsity?

the situations are very similar, of course you can find something wrong with anything if youre just out there looking for something wrong. for the most part it is very similar you are just difficult and out to get me.

w

Moves
30 Jan 07
4 edits

what does that have to do with serving?
It has to do with your love for your fellow man and/or God. For example, if you love someone you will serve them to the extent that you will go out of your way if necessary to do what is best for them because you love them and want what's best for them even if it means you may suffer as a result. To do so may be difficult but not burdensome. In other words, the focus is not on what you get out of a situation, rather, the focus is what others get out of the situation whom you care about.

w

Moves
30 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by GinoJ
Well put B😕
You may scoff at what I have said, however, what does history show us? Who's causes have succeeded and who's have failed? Also who does history exalt and who does history abase? In other words, who was on the winning side, was it men like Christ and Ghandi who served their fellow man to the point of their own death if need be or men like Hitler and Stalin and Napolean who held their own ambitions above the welfare of others?

"He who exalts himself will be abased and he who abases himself will be exalted". You might say it is a spiritual law of sorts.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Jan 07

would you rather be a servant in heaven, or a king in hell? is the origonal question.

would you rather be benched on varsity or a starter in junior varsity?

the situations are very similar, of course you can find something wrong with anything if youre just out there looking for something wrong. for the most part it is very similar you are just difficult and out to get me.
I don't think those situations are in any way similar.

G

Moves
30 Jan 07
1 edit

I don't think those situations are in any way similar.
You love to talk like a you are the top RHP forums pundit.

He might have a point, but may be too deep for your shallowness.

E

Moves
30 Jan 07

You love to talk like a you are the top RHP forums pundit.

He might have a point, but may be too deep for your shallowness.
and this is coming from the one who brought it up, so he must be right 😕

A
Checkmate 2 U!

Checkmating you!

Moves
30 Jan 07

You don't have the option of "servant in Heaven, king in hell." It would in fact be vice versa. Except for you'd be more of a torchered victim who can serve nothing instead of a servant.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
30 Jan 07
1 edit

I would rather be a king in hell.
I was hoping this would be a discussion on the profundity of the words Milton penned in his immortal Paradise Lost. I'm disappointed. :'(:'(:'(