1. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 00:40
    How does anyone feel about the religion Seventh-Day Adventism?
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 01:22
    Originally posted by marine bio
    Didn't we already talk about this some months ago?
  3. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 01:28
    So, whats wrong with bringing it up again
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 04:19
    The idea that Jesus' return is imminent is an unsupportable theology, given that St Paul was evidently
    wrong 1950 years ago, that Miller was wrong about October of 1844, and that every Seventh-Day
    Adventist preacher since been similarly wrong, especially since we have entered yet another millennium
    (the completion of two millennia being the 'new' time frame for 20th-century Adventists). They just
    keep pushing their date over and over and a handful of people scared that Jesus is going to leave them
    behind keeps the tradition from dying out completely.

Nemesio
  5. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 12:07
    For one thing, the Bible says that when Jesus' second coming happens, we will never know the day or hour by which he comes. The other thing is that the secret rapture is just a bunch of bullhocky.
  6. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 12:30
    As far as I feel or care for anything religion--I don't--but I was once an Adventist. GOD should rightfully be worshipped on the 7th day of the week (saturday) and not on the 1st day (sunday).
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 13:131 edit
    For one thing, the Bible says that when Jesus' second coming happens, we will never know the day or hour by which he comes. The other thing is that the secret rapture is just a bunch of bullhocky.
    So why do so many people claim to know when it is going to happen? You included. Or are you allowed to know the month but not the day and hour?
  8. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 13:21
    Originally posted by telerion
    Didn't we already talk about this some months ago?
    Perhaps, but then I wasn't here a few months ago, so this discussion is new to me. Thanks
  9. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 14:37
    Originally posted by Stregone
    As far as I feel or care for anything religion--I don't--but I was once an Adventist. GOD should rightfully be worshipped on the 7th day of the week (saturday) and not on the 1st day (sunday).
    So the day of rest is Saturday!!! ...well why are we not returning to work on Sunday then!!!
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 15:39
    Sure, it says it happens. But even Jesus was wrong about the time, since He said 'this generation'
    would not pass away while speaking to specific individuals. I am not familiar with the term 'secret
    rapture.'

Nemesio
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 15:44
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Um. God should be worshiped every day. Yes, Saturday should be the 'day of rest' but Christians
    have long dedicated Sunday to be the day to celebrate the Resurrection. That is, even Jesus 'rested'
    while lying dead, rising on Sunday.

That's why Christians celebrate on Sunday, not because it's the Sabbath (it's not, and no one claims
    that it is), but because it is a weekly recognition of the Resurrection.

Nemesio
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 09:33
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Um. God should be worshiped every day. Yes, Saturday should be the 'day of rest' but Christians
    have long dedicated Sunday to be the day to celebrate the Resurrection. That is, even Jesus 'rested'
    while lying dead, rising on Sunday.

That's why Christians celebrate on Sunday, not because it's the Sabbath (it's not, and no one claims
    that it is), but because it is a weekly recognition of the Resurrection.

Nemesio
    Isn't it shocking how many Christians don't know that the Sabbath is on Saturday and the reason why they worship on Sunday? Surely it is an important part of the religion?
    Are there any Christians here who actually think that Sunday is the Sabbath? Or any who just didn't know before reading this thread?
  13. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 12:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Isn't it shocking how many Christians don't know that the Sabbath is on Saturday and the reason why they worship on Sunday? Surely it is an important part of the religion?
    Are there any Christians here who actually think that Sunday is the Sabbath? Or any who just didn't know before reading this thread?
    i have to confess i did not know that until reading this.... shocking that i never learnt this before....
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 12:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What I think is shocking is how some professed followers of Christ place emphasis on things not taught by CHrist, and very little emphasis on what Christ did say to do. Christ did not say :

- to observe lent
    - to eat fish or hot cross buns on Good Friday
    - to go to church on Christmas day
    - to observe the sabbath day
    - to go to church on sunday etc
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '07 13:09
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Christ did not say :
    - to observe the sabbath day
    But he observed it himself. The rest would not have made much sense as they are in reference to events that had not happened at the time he was preaching.

And how did you miss Christmas in your list?🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree