Sexuality

Sexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
And not rape?
yes an incredibly interesting observation. have you heard or read of any attempts at justification?

Moves
24 Dec 08

Clearly I disagree with those who think that homosexuality is a sin and I always will. They have their opinion, I have mine.

The bottom line for me is that if two homosexuals love each other then they are free to express that love. God has no problem with loving acts, period.

That is the way I view the love of God as practiced in everyday life. That's the way that radical dude Jesus would have seen it, too.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
And not rape?
And rape as well... agreed

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by Badwater
Clearly I disagree with those who think that homosexuality is a sin and I always will. They have their opinion, I have mine.

The bottom line for me is that if two homosexuals love each other then they are free to express that love. God has no problem with loving acts, period.

That is the way I view the love of God as practiced in everyday life. That's the way that radical dude Jesus would have seen it, too.
Whether or not something is a sin is not a matter of your opinion or mine.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b]I repeat that I accept that the fact it may be a biological urge does not justify it per se. What it does do is legitimise it as one of many urges that some human beings are subject to (like the urge to protect children or eat food).

It really does not. Many biological urges, if not most, are not socially acceptable.

With regards to our u ...[text shortened]... made the point that whether a behaviour has a genetic explanation is not a moral justification.
Many biological urges, if not most, are not socially acceptable.
------conrau---------------

The urge to protect ones family?
The urge to next build prior to childbirth?
The urge to seek out a mate?
The fact that we are soaked in adrenaline / dopamine at times of trauma?
The drive that causes us to build communities and seek out social contact?
The urge to explore and find new ways of doing things?
Hunger ?
Thirst?

I could go on....

Bear in mind that what is "socially acceptable" changes over time and culture. Take masterbation as an example. Socially acceptable now...at least in some cultures.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
According to the Bible homosexuality is a sin just as is adultery, fornication, stealing, coveting your neighbour's house, overeating, drunkenness etc. ====RAJK--------

And all but one of these can be clearly understood as sin for very good reasons. For all but one of these it could be said that they are harmful to others or self and the fabric of society.
Are you an expert on what is "...harmful to others or self and the fabric of society"?

Do you think its conceivable that God may know more in this regard than you do? Or are you the expert and God is wrong ?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
Do you not think it is at least slightly relevant that we have an inkling as to why something is sinful?

If God declared that being born with a deformed arm was sinful would not be curious as to what his thinking was on this - or would you find it a bit bizarre?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
24 Dec 08

Are you an expert on what is "...harmful to others or self and the fabric of society"?

Do you think its conceivable that God may know more in this regard than you do? Or are you the expert and God is wrong ?
I'm not an expert , but I do think as a whole in society we have a lot of knowledge on this. I would suggest that those who come out and practice their homosexuality in a meaningful lovng way are happier as a result. Society becomes happier as a result. No-one is hurt and no-one is forced to watch. It's a no brainer.

I don't think God is "wrong" I just think that his word is tainted by men's minds. I think the passages on homosexuality were tainted by homophobic reactions in men (men are known to have stronger reactions to H than women) - I don't think those passages were God inspired.

Do you have any idea how homosexuality actually hurts anyone?

Moves
24 Dec 08

But it is. What constitutes a sin has changed over time. The Pharisees would have viewed a good number of the things that Jesus did as being sinful; however, the target is dynamic and changes as humans change. What is sinful is a matter of opinion, it is of the perspective of the person purporting to define it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

Do you not think it is at least slightly relevant that we have an inkling as to why something is sinful?

If God declared that being born with a deformed arm was sinful would not be curious as to what his thinking was on this - or would you find it a bit bizarre?
Figure it out yourself.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08

I'm not an expert , but I do think as a whole in society we have a lot of knowledge on this. I would suggest that those who come out and practice their homosexuality in a meaningful lovng way are happier as a result. Society becomes happier as a result. No-one is hurt and no-one is forced to watch. It's a no brainer.

I don't think God is "wrong" ...[text shortened]... ages were God inspired.

Do you have any idea how homosexuality actually hurts anyone?
Are you not part of the bunch of guys that claim to talk to God?
Well, do some talking and ask Him why homosexuality is wrong.
But dont argue like a moron that its not wrong. It clearly is.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 08
1 edit

But it is. What constitutes a sin has changed over time. The Pharisees would have viewed a good number of the things that Jesus did as being sinful; however, the target is dynamic and changes as humans change. What is sinful is a matter of opinion, it is of the perspective of the person purporting to define it.
No .. the Pharisees applied the letter of the Law of Moses and NOT the spirit of the law. Christ came and taught them how to apply the law with both compassion and love.

Using the spirit of what CHrist taught we now have to accept all people regardless of their sins and NOT JUDGE them. Christ is the judge and people who say they dont like homos are wrong.

However claiming that homosexuality is ok is incorrect. It s not a matter for you to decide that ... unfortunately.

Moves
24 Dec 08

No .. the Pharisees applied the letter of the Law of Moses and NOT the spirit of the law. Christ came and taught them how to apply the law with both compassion and love.

Using the spirit of what CHrist taught we now have to accept all people regardless of their sins and NOT JUDGE them. Christ is the judge and people who say they dont like homos are wrong ...[text shortened]... at homosexuality is ok is incorrect. It s not a matter for you to decide that ... unfortunately.
Then we agree to disagree, both comforted by our own opinions.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I would only point out, before I move on, that mine does not attempt to diminish the way others have been created, in the eyes of God. It does not classify someone who is not created as I have been as being inferior, 'sinful', and opening that person up to the violence and shunning that is a part of every homosexual's life. All are entitled to covenant with God regardless of gender, race, creed, sexual persuasion, age, nation, etc. Covenant cannot be withheld from one of God's creation or it is not of God. It is of humans (who, as I have said, are very good at being exclusionary and violent).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Dec 08

Then we agree to disagree, both comforted by our own opinions.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I would only point out, before I move on, that mine does not attempt to diminish the way others have been created, in the eyes of God. It does not classify someone who is not created as I have been as being inferior, 'sinful', and opening that perso ...[text shortened]... God. It is of humans (who, as I have said, are very good at being exclusionary and violent).
Agreed ... how people react to the sin is often inconsiderate and self-serving.
Recognising that something is a sin in no way diminishes how others have been created.

But as you say we agree to disagree.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Dec 08
1 edit

Many biological urges, if not most, are not socially acceptable.
------conrau---------------

The urge to protect ones family?
The urge to next build prior to childbirth?
The urge to seek out a mate?
The fact that we are soaked in adrenaline / dopamine at times of trauma?
The drive that causes us to build communities and seek out socia culture. Take masterbation as an example. Socially acceptable now...at least in some cultures.
I am not sure many of them are biological urges. I have never heard that the urge to build communities is a result of foetal development or a particular gene. You seem to have moved away from your radical libertarianism and have become a hard determinist.

I do not see why you dwell on this point. As soon as you accept that pedophilia could be biological, then you must accept that biology is not a source of morals. It really is quite simple.