1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 08:54
    Originally posted by Badwater
    The older cultures, especially most in North America, were far more in tune with their interdependence with nature than the modern North America culture, and continue to be. The shamans are not witch doctors or practitioners of some sort of "black magic"; rather, they use their knowledge of nature in healing ways for those they serve. Thus my allusion to th ...[text shortened]... evil or the work of the "devil" is born of gross cultural ignorance and reared by stupidity.
    Am I right in supposing that you are quite close to at least one old North American culture, blood kin or marriage? I imagine the link must have informed your ministry?
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 09:07
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Am I right in supposing that you are quite close to at least one old North American culture, blood kin or marriage? I imagine the link must have informed your ministry?
    That is a correct supposition - I do have indigenous American literature and folk stories that go back before that; however, my links with the American Indians does inform my views.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 09:11
    That is a correct supposition - I do have indigenous American literature and folk stories that go back before that; however, my links with the American Indians does inform my views.
    Well, I'd be interested in knowing more about that, if you are so inclined.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 01:09
    me too. In australia we have the indegenous aboriginies who have have had similar treatment from the white invaders. There are similarities but also noteable differences I suspect.
    Actually there was like 300 different different languages , which means I guess 300 different "countries". However they were all linked through their understanding of the land.

I met one guy who told me that the "spiritual older men" ,in one area, used to hang out separate from the rest of the group. Apparently to become initiated you had to cut your penis off. (!!!).
    Every now and then a young man would approach this group and ask to become one of them. Now thats balls!! (🙂 )
    They said "the women bleed so why shouldn't we?".
    Hardcore
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 14:05
    I will follow up on this.
  6. UK
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 17:23
    Any suggestion that the practice is somehow evil or the work of the "devil" is born of gross cultural ignorance and reared by stupidity.

I agree!

Having studied Shamanism for nearly a decade I am constantly remided how sensible & down to Earth this (I almost want t call it a) science is!. Jung had some excellent ideas regarding aspects.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree