1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 18:05
    Currently undergoing a massive resurgence in popularity especially among middle-class westerners, I understand. Anyone out there able to enlighten us as to why?
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 18:52
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Currently undergoing a massive resurgence in popularity especially among middle-class westerners, I understand. Anyone out there able to enlighten us as to why?
    Massive resurgence? That's quite an overstatement don't you think?

There has been a very small resurgence of pagan religions amongst westerners and a small portion of them are into the shamanic aspects of whatever pagan religion they happen to be involved with. However you are talking a minority within a minority.

Personally I find that, for the most part, these people are looking for some attention or recognition. In other words, they want others to think they have some sort of magical/mystical powers when the reality is most of them can't hold down a decent job or move out of mom's basement.

Well that's the cynical view anyhow.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 19:11
    Well I know three. And one of them's quite massive...
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 19:32
    Well I know three. And one of them's quite massive...
    Oh okay. Well yeah you're right a lot of them are really massive.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 03:20
    The only popularity of shamanism in Westerners would be in holistic practices. A shaman is much more than that, though, to the tribe that he or she belongs.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 04:24
    As shamanism is older than any other religion it deserves some respect.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 19:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    As shamanism is older than any other religion it deserves some respect.
    Yup, true enuff. Plus it makes more sense than Christianity...
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Apr '10 19:071 edit
    Because the truth is too hard to believe?

Folks will come swarming to give you all their money if you have something to sell and you can convince them they want it.

But show them the way to have eternal life as a free gift and they'll call you a fool!
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Apr '10 16:09
    Originally posted by Ullr
    Massive resurgence? That's quite an overstatement don't you think?

There has been a very small resurgence of pagan religions amongst westerners and a small portion of them are into the shamanic aspects of whatever pagan religion they happen to be involved with. However you are talking a minority within a minority.

Personally I find that, for the most pa ...[text shortened]... ld down a decent job or move out of mom's basement.

Well that's the cynical view anyhow.
    Just cause you live in your moms basement doesn't mean anything.
    Its whats on the inside that counts. And no easy answers,just HARD WORK. To become tough. Tough as nails!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree