1. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 01:05
    Let's say I've made a decision to accept Jesus as my personal saviour, and repent of all my sins. I live the remainder of my days in the faith that Jesus will wash away my sins and bring me to God, the Creator, and live by His teachings.

What will Heaven be like? I already have an idea of what Hell will be, whether you believe it's the actual torture of my soul or simply the separation from God...but would you, Good Christians, be so kind as to describe Heaven for me? Thanks.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 01:27
    Originally posted by David C
    Let's say I've made a decision to accept Jesus as my personal saviour, and repent of all my sins. I live the remainder of my days in the faith that Jesus will wash away my sins and bring me to God, the Creator, and live by His teachings.

What will Heaven be like? I already have an idea of what Hell will be, whether you believe it's the actual torture of m ...[text shortened]... n from God...but would you, Good Christians, be so kind as to describe Heaven for me? Thanks.
    1 Corinithians 2:9 "But as it is written, eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him."
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 01:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    1 Corinithians 2:9 "But as it is written, eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him."
    Thanks, Whodey. St. Paul says, "I dunno", with the caveat that it was already written thus. Check. Anyone else?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 02:19

What will Heaven be like? I already have an idea of what Hell will be, whether you believe it's the actual torture of m ...[text shortened]... n from God...but would you, Good Christians, be so kind as to describe Heaven for me? Thanks.
    There is really no clear statement in the Bible about the location of the kingdom whether it be heaven or on earth. There are verses in the Bible that support both views. I lean towards it being an earthly kingdom, but with access to heavenly places.

Here is a passage in Revelation 21 : 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
    5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
    7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
    8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 02:25
    Basically three things. Worship, community with one another, and food.
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 02:26
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    If there's clans in heaven, I'm BWA for eternity.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 02:33
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    If there's clans in heaven, I'm BWA for eternity.
    Seein how we've been all about community and how you like to be worshiped, I think you'll feel right at home.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 02:58

www.regenerated.net
  9. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 03:11
    So, like an eternal Church Social? hmmmm...will I have my free will there?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 03:26
    Dunno, never met him. Does he post here on these boards? 😛
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 03:27
    Goddammit, does free will have to be a part of every damn thread in the spiritual forum?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 03:29
    Goddammit, does free will have to be a part of every damn thread in the spiritual forum?
    Now did you choose to say that?

Personally I think hell is a place where the free will debate goes on for eternity. They all sit around asking each other if they now still have free will now that they are in hell and if they even had it on earth. Care to join them?
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 03:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Now did you choose to say that?

Personally I think hell is a place where the free will debate goes on for eternity. They all sit around asking each other if they now still have free will now that they are in hell and if they even had it on earth. Care to join them?
    Aren't we already in hell?
    That's what I thought this forum was ...
  14. Illinois
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 03:501 edit

I live the remainder of my days in the faith that Jesus will wash away my sins and bring me to God, the Creator, and live by His teachings.

Just one quick point: if you truly repent of your sins and accept Jesus Christ as Savior, it is not that He will wash away your sins, but that He already has washed away your sins, the moment you are "born again" in Him by faith. From that moment forward you are a new creature in Christ and are immediately enjoined in the battle between the Spirit and the flesh.

What will Heaven be like? I already have an idea of what Hell will be, whether you believe it's the actual torture of my soul or simply the separation from God...but would you, Good Christians, be so kind as to describe Heaven for me? Thanks.

Pure joy, freedom, peace, and rest; full of the knowledge of the Lord's presence; absolute awe before the mysterium tremendum of God; indescribably lofty and beautiful music, perpetual worship and praise of the Almighty; thanksgiving for the love and glory of God; the love of God in all and for all; the perfect satisfaction of being fully oneself as one was meant to be, fully alive, fully human, infinitely self-actualized as a creature loved of God the only God; every individual having full knowledge of being the apple of God's eye; an eternity of loving and serving the eternal, holy, beautiful and sovereign Lord of all, whose will is perfect, righteous, and good; approaching Him infinitely throughout eternity, endlessly fascinated with the inexhaustible well-spring of His being.

Something like that... but better.
  15. Joined
    17 Jul '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '07 22:202 edits
    ...[text shortened]... would you, Good Christians, be so kind as to describe Heaven for me? Thanks.
    If it helps, I believe that heaven is like the coolest city in the world, except cooler. And the streets are paved with gold; so you know they have a good economy.

And the best part is they always have plenty of that cake that you really like. Oh yeah, and all your deceased relatives are there, and cool people from history too!

You wanna meat Abe Lincoln? Gandhi? or even that really tall bald guy who played the monster from Young Frankenstein and then he was in "Everybody Loves Raymond"? There all up in heaven eating cake upon the guilded streets my friend!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree