1. Joined
    16 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 06:32
    Hi David C,

i believe, that jezus isnt our saviour and that he's washing your sins away with a confession in church.., i think hes was cold blooded murdered because they (the most people in that time and the high priests) couldnt accept him as they highest most perfect child of God.

i believe that every bad tought, word and act you have to make right and that Jezus is our example that we can and should be in life, like he said, (dont know it in english) love everything that lives everything!!

if you wanna know more about my thinking, the books im reading are the new bible, the university of christ andd the writer is Jozef rulof

God is love, he doesnt doom people, the people do that themselfs..

sincere,

the Dutchman!
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 08:51
    Originally posted by David C
    Let's say I've made a decision to accept Jesus as my personal saviour, and repent of all my sins. I live the remainder of my days in the faith that Jesus will wash away my sins and bring me to God, the Creator, and live by His teachings.

What will Heaven be like? I already have an idea of what Hell will be, whether you believe it's the actual torture of m ...[text shortened]... n from God...but would you, Good Christians, be so kind as to describe Heaven for me? Thanks.
    Perfection...
  3. England
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 12:02
    not sure how it will look but no sickness, death, sin, but eating and drinking, worshiping.
  4. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 14:01
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    There is really no clear statement in the Bible about the location of the kingdom whether it be heaven or on earth. There are verses in the Bible that support both views. I lean towards it being an earthly kingdom, but with access to heavenly places.

Here is a passage in Revelation 21 : 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and t ...[text shortened]... ll have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
    Jesus said "My kingdom is not of this world" which shows that it is not an earthly kingdom.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 18:22
    Originally posted by stoker
    not sure how it will look but no sickness, death, sin, but eating and drinking, worshiping. (emphasis added)
    Is there a bar in heaven?
  6. Joined
    03 Dec '07
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 20:08
    "Heaven" and "Hell" are of course, metaphors. My interpretations are that both are bi-static notions that better be left with attendant 'fossil
    metaphysics', that is, in obsolescence bin. To better anticipate novel, emergent
    evolvings of your ever-changing quantum-essencings(obsolete notion
    is 'immutable soul'😉, deny classical predictability-certainty in favor
    of quantum unpredictablity-uncertainty. This done via Quantum Tentative Persistence, i.e. quantum faithings. Upon physical 'death'
    quantum-photonic(light) body will ascend from physical body and hover in cosmic photon light, where multiple omni-self judgements,
    positive and negative, will both simulphasically guide YOU as quantum-essencings.

Quantum change predominates and you will evolve better as your
    quantum-phasings of mind make appropriate adjustments in your
    intepretations of 'heaven' and 'hell'.😵 Guilt-fear trips will eventually
    melt as you evolve towards betterment. Remember Jesus was a
    classical moralist: either my way(Heaven)or the highway(Hell), no
    quantum options!
  7. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 23:36
    I wonder if people have sex in heaven. You usually imagine they don't - heaven is supposed to be pure - but it seems kinda lame if everyone's just sitting up there, for eternity, not having sex.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Dec '07 00:12
    Originally posted by darthmix
    I wonder if people have sex in heaven. You usually imagine they don't - heaven is supposed to be pure - but it seems kinda lame if everyone's just sitting up there, for eternity, not having sex.
    [quote]For instance, take this sample: [Man] has imagined a heaven, and has left entirely out of it the supremest of all his delights, the one ecstasy that stands first and foremost in the heart of every individual of his race -- and of ours -- sexual intercourse!

It is as if a lost and perishing person in a roasting desert should be told by a rescuer he might choose and have all longed-for things but one, and he should elect to leave out water!

His heaven is like himself: strange, interesting, astonishing, grotesque. I give you my word, it has not a single feature in it that he actually values. It consists -- utterly and entirely -- of diversions which he cares next to nothing about, here in the earth, yet is quite sure he will like them in heaven.

-Mark Twain, Letters from the Earth[quote]

http://www.sacred-texts.com/aor/twain/letearth.htm
  9. Joined
    03 Dec '07
    Moves
    06 Dec '07 15:49
    Let me put forth a classical argument: Christianity(and Islam) are
    baby branchings of parent Judaism. Orthodox Judaism does not
    believe in Divinity of Jesus Christ, do you actually believe that Christianity is superior to Judaism in its beliefs? Do you think not
    believing in JCs divinity sentences to Jews to Hell? Of course not,
    it's just plain ridiculous and silly...babies don't know more than parents that spawned them. Moreover, note how irrational and
    subservient it is for masses of gentiles to worship a Jew whom majority
    of Jews themselves don't worship. If Gentiles need a religion, let
    them create their own, instead of siphoning off Judaism.
  10. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    07 Dec '07 06:43
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Basically three things. Worship, community with one another, and food.
    no sex? that doesn't sound like heaven to me. i'm gonna become a muslim so i can get my 72 virgins when i die.
  11. England
    Moves
    07 Dec '07 10:32
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    no sex? that doesn't sound like heaven to me. i'm gonna become a muslim so i can get my 72 virgins when i die.
    yes the blokes are all virgins
  12. England
    Moves
    07 Dec '07 10:33
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Is there a bar in heaven?
    yes there are bars on the gate
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 01:19
    Originally posted by stoker
    yes there are bars on the gate
    Sounds like a prison.
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 15:41
    I do appreciate the replies, and I'm sorry to have pissed off the good RevKirk.

I haven't been convinced yet. Streets paved with gold sounds...slippery. Eternal peace and contentment would get old after a few millenia. Who doesn't enjoy some drama every now and then? Some good, old-fashioned fisticuffs, or even a heated argument? I've been told once I reach Heaven, I might see all of my relatives who have passed before me...would this include the ones of which I was never terribly fond?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree