1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 00:401 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Turkey’s newest airport named after legendary hero Saladin

http://national.bgnnews.com/turkeys-newest-airport-named-after-legendary-hero-saladin-haberi/6298

Prime Minister Davutoglu said that an agreement was made with President Erdogan to name the Yuksekova Airport in as Selahaddin Eyyubi Airport, after Saladin of the Ayyubids, the Kurdish-origin Muslim conqueror of al-Quds, or Jerusalem, and one of the great enemies of the Christian crusaders, especially Richard the Lionheart.
    By Allah’s will, Jerusalem belongs to the Kurds, the Turks, the Arabs, and to all Muslims. And as our forefathers fought side by side at Gallipoli, and just as our forefathers went together to liberate Jerusalem with Saladin, we will march together on the same path.

Ahmet Dovutoglu, the Prime Minister of Turkey

The Turkish media outlet, Anadolu, quoted the statement of Erdogan from his speech:

I am sure the great commander is bringing together all the people of the Middle East into the one army that defeated the Crusaders. He is currently witnessing what we are doing here spiritually. I was in his spiritual presence and I am addressing him here in Hakkari with the mighty men, be it eastern, brave south eastern, valiant Anatolian, in old Turkey, they all promise you, O Saladin, if you united the brothers in the Middle East and so will we. You said, ‘Jerusalem is not for the Crusaders.’, Saladin you witness this, Allah witnesses this.

Jerusalem is for the Muslims, and not for Israel. Why should we continue to be friends with those who stomped their boots, stepping on Masjid al-Aqsa. They insist that we have to be friends? I say, we will not!

One people, one flag, one nation, and one state!

U.S. - Turkey Relationship Crumbling

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/is-the-u.s.-turkey-relationship-crumbling

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/new-york-times-can-no-longer-rule-turkey-erdogan-says.aspx?PageID=238&NID=83006&NewsCatID=338

RELATIONS between Israel and Turkey, already rocky, have worsened.
    Sep 10th 2011 | ISTANBUL AND JERUSALEM
    On September 2nd the Turkish government formally expelled the Israeli ambassador.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/02/nation/la-na-fgw-turkey-israel-20110903
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 16:17
    Agreed, I overstated that case. But SOMEBODY should eradicate Boko Haram, you can't possibly agree it's ok to sell female students as sex slaves and simply kill 8 year old male students. That has to be a new low in human activity.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '15 16:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 15:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Should Israel Attack Iran? Israelis Speak Out – August 28, 2015

ISIS Sex Slave Price List

Boys and Girls age 1 - 9: $165
    Adolescent Girls: $124
    Women in twenties: $85

[youtube]hqgD9-LVYC0[/youtube]
    Russia should nuke the USA
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 09:55
    Originally posted by redbadger
    Russia should nuke the USA
    I don't believe that would be helpful. 😏
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 11:11
    But the ancient Greeks didn't slaughter children because of a school the attended did they? How can humanity go lower than that?
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 11:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But the ancient Greeks didn't slaughter children because of a school the attended did they? How can humanity go lower than that?
    pleased to see Putin has sent troops in to fight ISIS.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 21:401 edit

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 17:50
    I wasn't generalizing that to all Muslims, just Boko Haram and the like. Whether or not ancient people have been equally as cruel doesn't matter much in these supposedly more civilized times. Clearly they want to go back 1000 years or so where they can impose Sharia law in the strictest sense, women, no rights, no education, men, only Islam education and so forth, women getting stoned to death if found to have committed adultery and so forth. Am I missing something here? Are you ok with that if they win? I would think you would fight that tooth and nail, the way they denigrate women, making them the property of men to do with what they please. Marry them at the age of 10 and so forth, rape any woman not Muslim, etc. In Saudi, women can't even get drivers licences, are you ok with that? I think that may change but still, it's like suffrage in the US where women were not allowed to vote, but they could get an education.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 21:271 edit

11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 12:452 edits
    I wasn't sure if you were secretly supporting Boko and the rest, thanks for clearing that one up. I never said the rank and file Muslim were law breakers or some such. I said the extremists are like animals except animals don't do the low things they do. Of course I know how Africans were treated in the 19th and earlier centuries. Does that mean Boko Haram gets a bye on killing those children? Both instances are abhorrent to anyone civilized. Are you suggesting we should just let boys be boys and let them have their way with their thousand year old doctrine which WILL subjugate women? I know Saudi's are coming around slowly for women's rights but what about the rights of women under strict Sharia law of Boko Haram and the ike? Is that ok with you? I wouldn't think so.

You seem to think I am singling out Muslim extremists but I am just pointing out some sad facts about them. I don't like ANY organized religion, I think these religions keep mankind in a permanent immature state and humanity will never achieve true maturity as long as we are god addled as a society.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 19:571 edit

13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 15:30
    Thank you for completely coming out against ISIS, I won't broach that subject again. When you were comparing the atrocities of the past to the atrocities of the present it looked like you were giving the present a bye. That's all. Sorry for offending you, that was the last thing I wanted.

So the question remains, what do we as humanity, not just the US or UK, do about groups like Haram or Isis? I think it would have to do with bringing up the common folk and setting things up so they have jobs and can look forward to a better life than the alternatives offered by Isis. What do you think?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 21:26

15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 22:36
    History may show ISIS to be not much different than ancient despots but still, this is here and now and the world has media that shows what is going on almost in real time so many more people know what is happening. It didn't seem like you would be supporting Isis but it just seemed you were somehow giving them a bye because of the comparisons to ancient atrocities. There is certainly enough atrocity shared between Christians, Muslims and Hindu's. Are there religions even more brutal than those three?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree