1. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 22:56
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Here are some of marauder's posts that I have picked out over the past seven days.

Do we want him in our forum? I vote no.

16 Nov '05 20:48
    What a childish fool you are. Grow up, get out, have a few beers and get laid. You might actually stop being such a twit and someday look back at all this and say "What a self-righteous jerk I was!
    ...[text shortened]... ganda to undermine the moral values of our great Christian country.

(This would explain it).
    I think all of these quotes were directed to me from No1
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:042 edits
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    TCE: Why not? Majority rules?

Not always. Quality over quantity.

TCE: Is there an etiquette policy?

The TOS* does ban abusive and vulgar language.
    The TOS* does ban abusive and vulgar language.

Ok, so what's so confusing?
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:04
    Here are some of marauder's posts that I have picked out over the past seven days.

What a childish fool you are. Grow up, get out, have a few beers and get laid. You might actually stop being such a twit and someday look back at all this and say "What a self-righteous jerk I was!
    ...[text shortened]... ganda to undermine the moral values of our great Christian country.

(This would explain it).
    You don't get to vote. Find 9 of your christian friends and alert the posts if you want 'em gone.
  4. Colorado
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:05
    Originally posted by David C
    Kinda full of yourself, aintcha?
    Hmmm, so if I start calling you a bunch of four letter words now I'll be humble.
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:08
    Originally posted by dottewell
    I've been the target of his ire on occasion, but I certainly would not want him to go.

Ignore the personal stuff. His contributions are intelligent, well-researched and often amusing. I can admit I learned a good deal during our "spat".

Plus, like it or not, he has been a force for good on this site.

Why would you want to lose such a voice from these forums?

(He's wrong about self-determination, though...)
    Ok, I disagree with what you said, but at least it's said in an intelligent way.

What I don't understand is why opinions can't be expressed like this more often.
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:09
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Stop making a fool of yourself.
    Don't get your hopes up. I'll never be like you.
  7. Colorado
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:10
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I think all of these quotes were directed to me from No1
    But let me guess, you want marauder here as welll...😕
  8. Meddling with things
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:251 edit

(This would explain it).
    Thanks for posting this. No1 has a skill with words which should be admired. The robust nature of his language illuminates his passions rather than diminishes them.

I read this bored for entertainment and enlightenment. No1 contrbutes more than some of the more sanctimonious members ever will.

Can we vote you off the bored for having your head up your own fundement
  9. London
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:26
    Matt 5:

[43] "You have heard that it was said, `You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
    [44] But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
    [45] so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
    [46] For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
  10. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:42
    Although I dont condone his actions, Im not gonna try to "better" his life, nor try to diminish it from a chess server. So I guess that means "yes" to your statement
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:52
    If no1 did leave, an increasing percentage of these forums would be free to spout their drivel without check. Whether you like him or not, he's admirably constant and usually right. His coarseness is part of the package and keeps you on your toes. I'm glad he didn't leave before and there's no reason he should either leave now, or change his demeanour. Live with it.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '05 23:58
    If what he says is true, it should be said in a different way. Do you agree?
    Chessx...you surprise me...yes no 1 can be annoying and he is an unbeliever and he can be offensive at times....but their is hope for everyone...and after all, this is a public forum...but consider this section of scripture for yourself...

Jer 12:5
    5 "If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, then how can you contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, in which you trusted, they wearied you, then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan?
    (NKJ)

🙂
  13. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 00:05
    Originally posted by Starrman
    If no1 did leave, an increasing percentage of these forums would be free to spout their drivel without check. Whether you like him or not, he's admirably constant and usually right. His coarseness is part of the package and keeps you on your toes. I'm glad he didn't leave before and there's no reason he should either leave now, or change his demeanour. Live with it.
    So you believe that in order to make a point it is necessary to verbally attack the other?
  14. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 00:07
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Thanks for posting this. No1 has a skill with words which should be admired. The robust nature of his language illuminates his passions rather than diminishes them.

I read this bored for entertainment and enlightenment. No1 contrbutes more than some of the more sanctimonious members ever will.

Can we vote you off the bored for having your head up your own fundement
    Feel free to start a thread.
  15. Colorado
    Moves
    18 Nov '05 00:08
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    You don't get to vote. Find 9 of your christian friends and alert the posts if you want 'em gone.
    You must not know much about Christians or the moderators here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree