1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 14:33
    Since everyone in Washington endorses a separation of church and state and about has a cow every time a nativity scene shows up on federal property, should those in Washington get the holiday off?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 14:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Since everyone in Washington endorses a separation of church and state and about has a cow every time a nativity scene shows up on federal property, should those in Washington get the holiday off?
    are they pagans, then yes.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 14:401 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It take it you are at work on Wednesday 25th then?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 14:44
    This is like a broken record. Give it a rest.

If those in Washington are Federal employees, then they will get the 25th off since it is a Federal holiday (1 of 10), whether they are "pagans" or not.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 14:48
    Isn't paganism a separation of church and state as well?

In fact, I think the US needs to do away with the weekend as well since its roots can be traced back to Mosaic law.

So if we are going to strip God from the nation, this is the only way to do it. Let's go back to the time when we all worked 24/7 America. Separation of church and state demand it!! 😠
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 14:52
    They should get the day off. With a big chunk of coal. And we should send them tea bags and maybe a perminate vacation. Or at least till we get someone that will DO the will of the people.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    They should get the day off. With a big chunk of coal. And we should send them tea bags and maybe a perminate vacation. Or at least till we get someone that will DO the will of the people.
    No, you should not have the day off.

The very word "Christmas" has the world Christ in it. How on earth can the state allow this? This is no different that allowing state run court rooms to display the Ten Commandments. Sure, they are not Jews praising the one true God in the courtroom, but just the fact that the Ten Commandments are displayed is an outrage and obvious separation of church and state.

In fact, you should not even be given the weekend to laze around since this can be traced back to Mosaic law with the Sabbath.

If religion is the source of all ignorance and suffering in the world, we need to purge it completely from society.
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 15:20

The very word "Christmas" has the world Christ in it. How on earth can the state allow this? This is no different that allowing state run court rooms to display the Ten Commandments. Sure, they are not Jews praising the one true God in the courtroom, but just the fact that the Ten Commandments are displayed is an out ...[text shortened]... source of all ignorance and suffering in the world, we need to purge it completely from society.
    I vote that Whodey be our primary example, of a person with no religon. Ok, so we need rules,

#1 no off days of work, no weekends, nothing.
    #2 no more edjucation. Why does he need that. It will only bring more conflict.
    #3 he will eat what we tell him, all that is needed.
    #4 ?

Just being a little sarcastic, ha, ha!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 15:311 edit

In fact, I think the US needs to do away with the weekend as well since its roots can be traced back to Mosaic law.

So if we are going to strip God from the nation, this is the only way to do it. Let's go back to the time when we all worked 24/7 America. Separation of church and state demand it!! 😠

Not for the Romans it wasn't 😀
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 15:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is like a broken record. Give it a rest.

If those in Washington are Federal employees, then they will get the 25th off since it is a Federal holiday (1 of 10), whether they are "pagans" or not.
    Dee Dee have you asked Santa for a 'My little unicorn?'
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 15:331 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It take it you are at work on Wednesday 25th then?
    yes I may be doing my accounts, being self employed, assume much pudding head?
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 15:48

The very word "Christmas" has the world Christ in it. How on earth can the state allow this? This is no different that allowing state run court rooms to display the Ten Commandments. Sure, they are not Jews praising the one true God in the courtroom, but just the fact that the Ten Commandments are displayed is an out ...[text shortened]... source of all ignorance and suffering in the world, we need to purge it completely from society.
    I would certainly agree to taking my holidays when I want to instead of someone telling me when I should take a day off.

This also goes for the weekend although there are some practical issues that might make this a bit difficult.

I would think that you would agree with such a setup, Whodey. Not being told by the government when you have a holiday.

Please answer seriously instead of your usual attempt at sarcasm.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 15:59
    Washington? So you have something against Seattle?
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 16:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Washington? So you have something against Seattle?
    Speaking of "Washington", i heard that after all the contraversy the Washington Redskins have decided to back down and change their name. They are going to take the word "Washington" out of it.

just kidding
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Dec '13 16:51
    Whodey always inspires me to revive old, forgotten traditions, like throwing tomatoes at the stage. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree