Should those in Washington get Christmas?

Should those in Washington get Christmas?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
22 Dec 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Whodey always inspires me to revive old, forgotten traditions, like throwing tomatoes at the stage. 😕
Was that supposed to be forgotten?? Darn, i must be behind the times.

Moves
22 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes I may be doing my accounts, being self employed, assume much pudding head?
"May be". Hmmm. Class BS.

w

Moves
22 Dec 13

Originally posted by Great King Rat
I would certainly agree to taking my holidays when I want to instead of someone telling me when I should take a day off.

This also goes for the weekend although there are some practical issues that might make this a bit difficult.

I would think that you would agree with such a setup, Whodey. Not being told by the government when you have a holiday.

Please answer seriously instead of your usual attempt at sarcasm.
Time off work is up to your employer.

As for the state, any holiday or weekend should be construed as a violation of church and state.

w

Moves
22 Dec 13
1 edit

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Whodey always inspires me to revive old, forgotten traditions, like throwing tomatoes at the stage. 😕
Do you think Christians would blow a gasket if the state endorsed a holiday called "Satanmass"? Why then should we allow "Christmas"?

If nothing else, change the name to something secular.

I know, how about Marxmass? Karl had a white beard like Santa so it should work. Then we can tell the poor kids that uncle Karl is about to redistribute the goods via the state for the holiday.

Marxmass. I like the sound of it. Instead of saying "X-mas", like you are too retarded to pronounce the world Christ, you could leave the X by adding Marx to it.

Oh dear, did I use the word "retarded"? I certainly did not mean to offend more atheists on these boards. 😛

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Dec 13

Originally posted by whodey
Do you think Christians would blow a gasket if the state endorsed a holiday called "Satanmass"? Why then should we allow "Christmas"?

If nothing else, change the name to something secular.

I know, how about Marxmass? Karl had a white beard like Santa so it should work. Then we can tell the poor kids that uncle Karl is about to redistribute the goo ...[text shortened]... use the word "retarded"? I certainly did not mean to offend more atheists on these boards. 😛
Whodey, not wanting to give offense. An oxymoron. With less emphasis on the oxy.

w

Moves
23 Dec 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Whodey, not wanting to give offense. An oxymoron. With less emphasis on the oxy.
Christians are suppose to be offensive. Why else would they nail us to crosses and throw us to lions?

Infidel

Moves
23 Dec 13

Time off work is up to your employer.

As for the state, any holiday or weekend should be construed as a violation of church and state.
So do you agree that existing holidays should slowly be changed into regular free days that can be used by the employee (in consultation with the employer) whenever he wants to?

Moves
23 Dec 13

Isn't paganism a separation of church and state as well?

In fact, I think the US needs to do away with the weekend as well since its roots can be traced back to Mosaic law.

So if we are going to strip God from the nation, this is the only way to do it. Let's go back to the time when we all worked 24/7 America. Separation of church and state demand it!! 😠
What weekend? What can you do on a Friday that you can't do on a Saturday?

Sunday is a bit of an irritation I must admit, all shops opening at 1pm and closing at 6pm. Other than that, with the internet it pretty much is 24/7.

Moves
23 Dec 13

So do you agree that existing holidays should slowly be changed into regular free days that can be used by the employee (in consultation with the employer) whenever he wants to?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infidel

Moves
23 Dec 13

I applaud your enthusiasm (originally meant inspiration or possession by a divine afflatus or by the presence of a god, by the way)!

Terribly excited to hear Whodey's response. What brilliant sarcastic wit will he surprise us with this time?

w

Moves
23 Dec 13
2 edits

Your employer is free to do whatever they want to do, unless dictated to by the state. I think what you want is the state saying that your employer needs to give you certain days off, if any at all.

Come to think of it, before Moses came along we had no days of rest. None. As a result, I can only conclude that having days of rest is really patronizing the notion of the Mosaic law, which is a clear violation of church and state.

Of course, we all know that once the state seizes power to do anything, they will not give it up. The best case scenario for you is if the state turns Christmas back into a holiday worshiping trees.

w

Moves
23 Dec 13

Originally posted by Trev33
What weekend? What can you do on a Friday that you can't do on a Saturday?

Sunday is a bit of an irritation I must admit, all shops opening at 1pm and closing at 6pm. Other than that, with the internet it pretty much is 24/7.
Before the Mosaic law, people worked 24/7. Essentially they were slaves.

Now back to work slave, that is, if you reject the God who imposed days of rest upon you.

Infidel

Moves
23 Dec 13

Your employer is free to do whatever they want to do, unless dictated to by the state. I think what you want is the state saying that your employer needs to give you certain days off, if any at all.

Come to think of it, before Moses came along we had no days of rest. None. As a result, I can only conclude that having days of rest is really patronizing ...[text shortened]... best case scenario for you is if the state turns Christmas back into a holiday worshiping trees.
I can only conclude that...

Yes, you are fairly limited, aren't you?

For some reason you keep avoiding my questions. Let me repeat:

w

Moves
23 Dec 13
3 edits

[b]I can only conclude that...

Yes, you are fairly limited, aren't you?

For some reason you keep avoiding my questions. Let me repeat:

So do you agree that existing holidays should slowly be changed into regular free days that can be used by the employee (in consultation with the employer) whenever he wants to?[/b]
It should be the only position of a fundamentalist secular state.

But try selling that to the people. The only way to do is say something like, "If you like your Holiday, you can keep your holiday". Then take it from them and watch their reactions when their employers refuse to let everyone have the same time off at the end of the year.

You could get out there and sell it, but it will take "political courage" as President Obama says. That is, it takes courage to commit political suicide by lying and become a byword for the history books.

w

Moves
23 Dec 13

Back to work slaves!! ðŸ˜