1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 14:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    It should be the only position of a fundamentalist secular state.

But try selling that to the people. The only way to do is say something like, "If you like your Holiday, you can keep your holiday". Then take it from them and watch their reactions when their employers refuse to let everyone have the same time off at the end of the year.

You could get ...[text shortened]... s. That is, it takes courage to commit political suicide and be a byword for the history books.
    What fictional alternative universe do you live in where a "fundamentalist secular state"
    actually exists?

And what deluded train of thought makes you think that such a state would be prevented
    from having weekends? Or general holidays?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 14:51
    I notice that Whodey first said "secular state" and then changed it "fundamentalist secular state".

Why did you change it, Whodey?

Also, if I may ask, what kind of work do you do?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 15:05
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    What fictional alternative universe do you live in where a "fundamentalist secular state"
    actually exists?

And what deluded train of thought makes you think that such a state would be prevented
    from having weekends? Or general holidays?
    A fundamentalist secular state is a state where just the symbol of religion becomes a stumbling block. As if the Ten Commandments sitting in a court room implies that rabbis are somehow involved in dishing out justice in the court rooms.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 15:05
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I notice that Whodey first said "secular state" and then changed it "fundamentalist secular state".

Why did you change it, Whodey?

Also, if I may ask, what kind of work do you do?
    Yes.

You could be secular and tolerant. The US was for many years.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 15:17
    Yes.

You could be secular and tolerant. The US was for many years.
    Pffffffffff......... you make everything so very, very tiresome.

To the question

So do you agree that existing holidays should slowly be changed into regular free days that can be used by the employee (in consultation with the employer) whenever he wants to?

You decided to change your answer from

It should be the only position of a secular state.

to

It should be the only position of a fundamentalist secular state.

Which begs the question: why not in a "normal" secular state, where people are allowed to be as religious as they want but where no religion is forced on anyone?

Why did you change from secular state to fundamentalist secular state?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 15:22
    Which begs the question: why not in a "normal" secular state, where people are allowed to be as religious as they want but where no religion is forced on anyone?

Why did you change from secular state to fundamentalist secular state?[/b]
    What is a normal secular state? Is it one going on a witch hunt to remove religious symbols?

How can we have a Congressional body have prayer at the beginning of the day and then allow the Ten Commandments to be removed from court rooms? I suppose it is the same standard by which they force the ACA on us while exempting themselves.

Such hypocrisy maddens me, and makes me sick. I'm just tired of it King Rat. Do you blame me?
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 15:30
    What is a normal secular state? Is it one going on a witch hunt to remove religious symbols?

How can we have a Congressional body have prayer at the beginning of the day and then allow the Ten Commandments to be removed from court rooms? I suppose it is the same standard by which they force the ACA on us while exempting themselves.

Such hypocrisy maddens me, and makes me sick. I'm just tired of it King Rat. Do you blame me?
    First, it's Great King Rat. Very important!

Second, the only thing that I blame you for is your amazing reluctance to answer very simple straight forward questions.

Third, please tell me you don't actually have a Congressional body that has prayer every day.

Fourth, please answer my question in my previous post..
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 19:18
    First, it's [b]Great King Rat. Very important!

Second, the only thing that I blame you for is your amazing reluctance to answer very simple straight forward questions.

Third, please tell me you don't actually have a Congressional body that has prayer every day.

Fourth, please answer my question in my previous post..[/b]
    you infidel!
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 20:53
    Have you stepped out into the sun yet, Robbie? It's much brighter here, away from the umbrella of religion* that shields you from reality. No more talking snakes and such nonsense. Try it!

* Horrible metaphor but it's been a long day and I can't be bothered to think of anything better.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 21:02
    Have you stepped out into the sun yet, Robbie? It's much brighter here, away from the umbrella of religion* that shields you from reality. No more talking snakes and such nonsense. Try it!

* Horrible metaphor but it's been a long day and I can't be bothered to think of anything better.
    umbrella of religion, I think you mean shining beacon on a turbulent sea of adversity 😀
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 21:10
    No, I meant umbrella of religion. It wasn't a very solid metaphor I admit, but it wasn't thát bad.

You can do it Robbie. One day you'll look back on your old life as a brainwashed theist and think "How could I have been so blind?" And it'll be a good day.

No more scary monsters to fear. Only reality will remain.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 21:346 edits
    No, I meant umbrella of religion. It wasn't a very solid metaphor I admit, but it wasn't thát bad.

You can do it Robbie. One day you'll look back on your old life as a brainwashed theist and think "How could I have been so blind?" And it'll be a good day.

No more scary monsters to fear. Only reality will remain.
    Great King,

All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial....that the man of God may be fully component and completely equipped for every good work - 2 Timothy 3:16,17

'Love throws fear outside', the Bible states - there is no fear here.

have you any idea Great King what the term, 'fully competent and completely equipped', has reference to in the original language? I think a great King Rat should find it interesting, it is the term used for a ship to be fitted out for a long journey with everything that is necessary and when we think of life, with its ups and downs, storms etc its rather fitting, don't you think?
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 21:50
    Actually, it's Great King Rat. All three words are equally important.

Of course there's fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of temptation, fear of not being loved, fear of being all alone, fear of the end of life.

And fear is sometimes a good thing thing. Keeps you sharp, forces you to think.

It's accepting fantasies as reality to cope with those fears which is problematic.

But you don't need that, Robbie. Face your fear. Don't look for cheap answers.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 21:55
    Actually, it's Great King [b]Rat. All three words are equally important.

Of course there's fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of temptation, fear of not being loved, fear of being all alone, fear of the end of life.

And fear is sometimes a good thing thing. Keeps you sharp, forces you to think.

It's accepting fantasies as reality to cope wit ...[text shortened]... s problematic.

But you don't need that, Robbie. Face your fear. Don't look for cheap answers.[/b]
    There is no fear of these things Great King Rat, whats is unknown that will not be manifest, we have a helper should we come into temptation, our God is merciful and ready to forgive, no one can be alone among a worldwide brotherhood and there is nothing to fear about the end of life, we are merely sleeping until the resurrection.

We are good Great King rat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree