1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 23:04
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'll explain for you. Your Organization is the one and true organization. Everyone else is of the Devil and all doomed to be destroyed at the end of the world.

🙂 There you have it

Manny
    You disappointment at times Manny. Your to smart to do this silly stuff.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 23:26
    Originally posted by menace71
    Please explain don't leave us in suspense!!!

Manny
    I will my dear friend.
    Satan cannot harm God in any way even if he could get to him. So the obvious and only thing he can do is use one of his many wicked talents and that is to slander God. The Bible is clear on that point.
    Slander can be an out right lie about someone else or do the little white lie thing. Many shades of slander.
    The Bible says Satan is the ruler of this world. As the ruler of this world and the universes greatest lier he can use that in anyway he choises. Since this world is under his control as Jesus himself said when Satan tried to tempt him, he can have as much influance on religion as he wants even "turning himself into an angel of light."
    And what better way then to even slightly confuse religions with even the slightest pagan beliefs. They may seem small and inocent and no big deal as many have answered on this forum before. " God will excuse it and over look it. It is no big deal." But as the Bible says that Light and Darkness have nothing in common just as Truth and Lies have nothing in common.
    Satan rules this world at this tme and has been spreading lies about God for centuries. Make sure what you and your church believes only truths and has no influance from Satan's lies.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '11 00:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I will my dear friend.
    Satan cannot harm God in any way even if he could get to him. So the obvious and only thing he can do is use one of his many wicked talents and that is to slander God. The Bible is clear on that point.
    Slander can be an out right lie about someone else or do the little white lie thing. Many shades of slander.
    The Bible says ...[text shortened]... sure what you and your church believes only truths and has no influance from Satan's lies.
    You seem to understand Satan better than you understand God.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '11 02:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You seem to understand Satan better than you understand God.
    Yeah right......Anyway someone said "Know thy enemy!" If you don't know what he can do then you have no clue what to look for and defend yourself from being made a fool off.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '11 02:35
    Yeah right......Anyway someone said "Know thy enemy!" If you don't know what he can do then you have no clue what to look for and defend yourself from being made a fool off.
    Very true!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '11 03:13
    Very true!
    Hey we actually agree on something. That's a start.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 May '11 05:11
    Hey we actually agree on something. That's a start.
    I am sure we agree on many more things than you think we do.
    The main thing that is dividing us is some of the teachings of the
    JW organization. You think they are God's voice on earth, but I
    do not.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '11 06:52
    I am sure we agree on many more things than you think we do.
    The main thing that is dividing us is some of the teachings of the
    JW organization. You think they are God's voice on earth, but I
    do not.
    You have a right to your opinion and that's fine and it's your beliefs in my eyes that divide us. So we're even...
    And why is it so unbelieveable that God would not have a people on the earth today that he speaks thru? It's something he's done during most of our existance here on the earth. He's never spoke to mankind as a whole but in reality most of the people he's dealt with or protected were small in relation to the populalation of the world.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '11 19:32
    As for as I'm aware the word slenderer and the titile Devil are not in the same sentence in any scriptures but one of the descriptions of the word Devil is easliy found in any dictionary.

The Greek di‧a′bo‧los means “slanderer.”

http://www.antipas.org/books/devil/evil1_c.html

http://www.20000-names.com/evil_names.htm
    I know I risk sounding pedantic, but what a dictionary calls the celestial being who was Gods chief angel is not in anyway valid and I think the fact your OP states the Devil/Satan is "given this name" of slanderer implies that it is Biblically scriptural. I therefore struggle to see what point you were making in the OP to be honest, and in defence on Manny and myself, that's why we may have drawn a false conclusion. As soon as I read it I thought it was incorrect, in actual fact we are advised "not to slander the celestial beings" Galv.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '11 21:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I know I risk sounding pedantic, but what a dictionary calls the celestial being who was Gods chief angel is not in anyway valid and I think the fact your OP states the Devil/Satan is "given this name" of slanderer implies that it is Biblically scriptural. I therefore struggle to see what point you were making in the OP to be honest, and in defence on M ...[text shortened]... it was incorrect, in actual fact we are advised "not to slander the celestial beings" Galv.
    I gave plenty of referances as to the title Devil and what it means. Take it as you will.
    It just seems to me your trying as most do here to try and pick at what ever you guys can instead of the main point being discussed. I wonder why?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '11 21:59
    I gave plenty of referances as to the title Devil and what it means. Take it as you will.
    It just seems to me your trying as most do here to try and pick at what ever you guys can instead of the main point being discussed. I wonder why?
    I'm not! I don't even know what point you were making in the OP - you were saying something about Satan and using non-biblical claims about him.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '11 22:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm not! I don't even know what point you were making in the OP - you were saying something about Satan and using non-biblical claims about him.
    Like his not a slanderer to God?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '11 22:26
    Like his not a slanderer to God?
    OK I'll be direct.

I think you are prevaricating here; your OP never mentioned God, at all.

The Bible does not mention slander in reference to the Devil, at all.

Slander is a modern legal concept based on individuals or organisations taking issues with what is said about them and claiming it is incorrect.

I think Manny and I were justified in our opinion of what you were trying to do in you OP which was to insinuate that the challenges you and the JW organisation get at RHP come from the Devil - i.e us; by using reference to a dictionary!

That was unpleasant, uncalled and dishonest. Also you should not claim a celestial being is something they aren't.

Clearer now.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    03 May '11 04:20
    I will my dear friend.
    The Bible says ...[text shortened]... sure what you and your church believes only truths and has no influance from Satan's lies.
    Tell us something we don't already know. Satan comes as an angel of light as in the case of religion. Religion and cults for example. WE know Satan can't hurt God he must bow down and answer to God. Great example the beginning of the Book of Job. The bible also says draw near to God and the devil will flee. I fear God more than anyone in the sense as Christ said God can destroy body and soul.

Manny
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 May '11 06:26
    The English word devil derives via Middle English devel and Old English dēofol and Latin Diábolus, from Late Greek Diabolos, meaning, slanderer, from diaballein, to slander: dia-, across + ballein, to hurl

http://www.faust.com/index.php/legend/devil/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree