1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 03:42
    One of the descriptions of satan the devil is "Slanderer". Why is he given this title?

"Slander is the spoken or transitory form of defamation of character, a legal term that refers to a falsehood presented as true which could harm the reputation of a person or entity. Slander also encompasses body gestures as in the case of sign language. If defamation of character is placed in a fixed form, as in the case of a sign, published paper, film or recording, it is considered libel. In short, slander is temporarily uttered or gesticulated, libel is published or otherwise fixed."
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 May '11 04:21
    Please explain don't leave us in suspense!!!

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 May '11 04:45
    I'll explain for you. Your Organization is the one and true organization. Everyone else is of the Devil and all doomed to be destroyed at the end of the world.

🙂 There you have it

Manny
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '11 05:19
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'll explain for you. Your Organization is the one and true organization. Everyone else is of the Devil and all doomed to be destroyed at the end of the world.

🙂 There you have it

Manny
    Was it not Satan that put it in the mind of Eve that God was a liar?
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 May '11 05:24
    It was indeed the serpents intent to get man to question God. We are still doing it to this very day. This is the lie my friend that God is some how unjust.

Manny
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 May '11 05:38
    It was indeed the serpents intent to get man to question God. We are still doing it to this very day. This is the lie my friend that God is some how unjust.

Manny
    Yes, indeed, perhaps this is the reason we have atheist.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    01 May '11 05:47
    Imagine a world were God is just known 🙂 I admit I find the atheist here at times and I do say at times more down to earth then some of the theist. I think C.S. Lewis said there are two evils concerning the devils (demons) one is no belief in them at all and the other giving them too much credit

Manny
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '11 05:51
    Originally posted by galveston75
    One of the descriptions of satan the devil is "Slanderer". Why is he given this title?

"Slander is the spoken or transitory form of defamation of character, a legal term that refers to a falsehood presented as true which could harm the reputation of a person or entity. Slander also encompasses body gestures as in the case of sign language. If defamati ...[text shortened]... ort, slander is temporarily uttered or gesticulated, libel is published or otherwise fixed."
    Don't bother with that loser, Jesus Christ is who you should get to know. Satan
    is powerful and has the world under his sway, but big deal, he is defeated, and
    all his lies will come to naught.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '11 06:57

🙂 There you have it

Manny
    Strange, as soon as I read the OP I felt the same as you!

Interestingly I'm struggling to find scripture of Satan as "slanderer" although no doubt it exists in some translations. Mostly what I find is "accuser" and "liar".
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Don't bother with that loser, Jesus Christ is who you should get to know. Satan
    is powerful and has the world under his sway, but big deal, he is defeated, and
    all his lies will come to naught.
    Kelly
    Well is that really a wise thing to say and do is just forget him and look the other way in today's world?
    The Bible also describes him as a "roaring lion seeking to deviour someone". A couple thoughts here is if your were walking thru lion country in Africa would your comment be a wise course of action to say" don't bother worrying about the lion?
    Probably not. And why does the Bible use the lion as an example here? It's because when the lion roars when hunting, he tends to do it at a down angle towards the ground which defuses the sound and makes it harder to know the location of the lion.
    So in relating this to us as humans, Satan does not always come at us directly and in plain sight but will and does use many things to confuse us in our everyday life's.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 15:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Strange, as soon as I read the OP I felt the same as you!

Interestingly I'm struggling to find scripture of Satan as "slanderer" although no doubt it exists in some translations. Mostly what I find is "accuser" and "liar".
    Actually if you just paste Devil/slanderer on the internet a few different descriptions of that will come up.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 May '11 15:551 edit
    Well is that really a wise thing to say and do is just forget him and look the other way in today's world?
    The Bible also describes him as a "roaring lion seeking to deviour someone". A couple thoughts here is if your were walking thru lion country in Africa would your comment be a wise course of action to say" don't bother worrying about the lion?
    P nd in plain sight but will and does use many things to confuse us in our everyday life's.
    I did not say ignore him, don't bother with him to much. If you clutter your
    brain with the lies he spreads you'll lose sight of the truth. He is defeated,
    his time is short, he holds the world under his sway right now with lies. God
    on the other hand is an eternal power that has beaten the devil, Jesus is the
    name by which we are saved. God we will be with forever, the Holy Spirit was
    sent to us that we may learn about God and God's ways. Even as a roaring lion
    who is seeking who he may deviour, he must go before God to do anything,
    because God stops him from just destroying us.

As it is we are living in a world for the most part that is filled with the fruit of
    our lusts, Satan's biggest weapon against us is to pull us away from the truth
    which is Jesus Christ.
    Kelly
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 16:21
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I did not say ignore him, don't bother with him to much. If you clutter your
    brain with the lies he spreads you'll lose sight of the truth. He is defeated,
    his time is short, he holds the world under his sway right now with lies. God
    on the other hand is an eternal power that has beaten the devil, Jesus is the
    name by which we are saved. God we will be ...[text shortened]... s biggest weapon against us is to pull us away from the truth
    which is Jesus Christ.
    Kelly
    Yes your right but don't ignor that Satan is the ruler of this world as Jesus said. That's a dangerious fact that most don't take seriously.
    The big trick that he's fooling most is in false religion. And that would be religions that are shoulder to shoulder and supports the governments of this world that Jesus said Satan is the ruler of. Jesus said his Kingdom is NO part of the world.

"Satan/ruler/world/governments/religions involved in politics and wars.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '11 16:42
    Actually if you just paste Devil/slanderer on the internet a few different descriptions of that will come up.
    I can't find any scriptures though; which ones are using to reference your OP please?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 May '11 22:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I can't find any scriptures though; which ones are using to reference your OP please?
    As for as I'm aware the word slenderer and the titile Devil are not in the same sentence in any scriptures but one of the descriptions of the word Devil is easliy found in any dictionary.

The Greek di‧a′bo‧los means “slanderer.”

http://www.antipas.org/books/devil/evil1_c.html

http://www.20000-names.com/evil_names.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree