1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    08 Dec '11 03:342 edits
    http://www.factsplusfacts.com/shroud-of-turin-coins.htm

    http://shroud2000.com/FastFacts.html

    http://www.youtube.com/user/mhfm1?v=WRB16BARvz0&feature=pyv&ad=7367214632&kw=shroud%20of%20turin
  2. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    09 Dec '11 03:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://www.factsplusfacts.com/shroud-of-turin-coins.htm

    http://shroud2000.com/FastFacts.html

    http://www.youtube.com/user/mhfm1?v=WRB16BARvz0&feature=pyv&ad=7367214632&kw=shroud%20of%20turin
    unfortunately, completely debunked by the bible as previously shown.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    09 Dec '11 04:201 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    unfortunately, completely debunked by the bible as previously shown.
    Not so. It is supported in every detail by the Holy Bible.
    That is, the shroud exhibits every detail indicated by the Holy Bible
    plus additional details that the Bible writers forgot to mention
    but are known to scholars to be true.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86373
    09 Dec '11 05:38
    No it doesn't, and so what if it did?!
  5. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    09 Dec '11 10:491 edit
    trinkets, all these things, there is the chains of peter in a church in rome if you belive in this. i do not think jesus would have approved of any such thing.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    09 Dec '11 16:54
    Originally posted by stoker
    trinkets, all these things, there is the chains of peter in a church in rome if you belive in this. i do not think jesus would have approved of any such thing.
    Well, it seems to me that Jesus believed it was important to leave physical
    proof of his resurrection and that the empty tomb and the eye witness
    reports from many people would not be enough. He wants as many as
    possible to believe and be saved. Therefore, he left photographic evidence
    and other scientific evidence on His shroud and Sudarium for all to see,
    However, the apostate Roman Catholic Church treats is as a relic today
    and will allow little access to those that can actually prove its authenticity.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86373
    09 Dec '11 17:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Therefore, he left photographic evidence and other scientific evidence on His shroud and Sudarium for all to see
    If Jesus had wanted to leave photographic evidence of his existence he would have gone to Jessops.

    🙄
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    09 Dec '11 18:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, it seems to me that Jesus believed it was important to leave physical
    proof of his resurrection and that the empty tomb and the eye witness
    reports from many people would not be enough. He wants as many as
    possible to believe and be saved. Therefore, he left photographic evidence
    and other scientific evidence on His shroud and Sudarium for all to ...[text shortened]... s a relic today
    and will allow little access to those that can actually prove its authenticity.
    Proof? I was given to understand that the concept of faith was central to christianity - is that not how you see it?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    09 Dec '11 18:39
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Proof? I was given to understand that the concept of faith was central to christianity - is that not how you see it?
    Yes, faith is important, but all the apostles needed proof in varing degrees.
    The same holds for us. Proper Knob and googlefudge will need much more
    proof than perhaps Kelly Jay or my brother in Christ sunnydid.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    09 Dec '11 20:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    ... proof in varing degrees.
    ....
    No. The only proof that comes in degrees is in a bottle.

    Proof like truth is absolute.

    There are however many degrees of ignorance as you ably demonstrate.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    09 Dec '11 21:21
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [b]No. The only proof that comes in degrees is in a bottle.

    Proof like truth is absolute.

    There are however many degrees of ignorance as you ably demonstrate.[/b]
    You sould like a drunkard. But so you will not remain in ignorance here is the
    definition of "degree" from the online dictionary.

    de·gree (d-gr)
    n.
    1. One of a series of steps in a process, course, or progression; a stage:
    proceeded to the next degree of difficulty.
    2. A step in a direct hereditary line of descent or ascent: First cousins are two
    degrees from their common ancestor.
    3. Relative social or official rank, dignity, or position.
    4. Relative intensity or amount, as of a quality or attribute: a high degree of
    accuracy.
    5. The extent or measure of a state of being, an action, or a relation:
    modernized their facilities to a large degree.
    6. A unit division of a temperature scale.
    7. Mathematics A planar unit of angular measure equal in magnitude to 1/360
    of a complete revolution.
    8. A unit of latitude or longitude, equal to 1/360 of a great circle.
    9. Mathematics
    a. The greatest sum of the exponents of the variables in a term of a polynomial
    or polynomial equation.
    b. The exponent of the derivative of highest order in a differential equation in
    standard form.
    10.
    a. An academic title given by a college or university to a student who has
    completed a course of study: received the Bachelor of Arts degree at
    commencement.
    b. A similar title conferred as an honorary distinction.
    11. Law A division or classification of a specific crime according to its
    seriousness: murder in the second degree.
    12. A classification of the severity of an injury, especially a burn:
    a third-degree burn.
    13. Grammar One of the forms used in the comparison of adjectives and
    adverbs. For example, tall is the positive degree, taller the comparative
    degree, and tallest the superlative degree of the adjective tall.
    14. Music
    a. One of the seven notes of a diatonic scale.
    b. A space or line of the staff.
    Idioms:
    by degrees
    Little by little; gradually.
    to a degree
    To a small extent; in a limited way: doesn't like spicy food, but can eat a little
    pepper to a degree.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    09 Dec '11 21:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [b]No. The only proof that comes in degrees is in a bottle.

    Proof like truth is absolute.

    There are however many degrees of ignorance as you ably demonstrate.[/b]
    Make mine a double. 😕
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    09 Dec '11 21:351 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [b]No. The only proof that comes in degrees is in a bottle.

    Proof like truth is absolute.

    There are however many degrees of ignorance as you ably demonstrate.[/b]
    There are also other definitions of "Proof" -- from dictionary.com

    Proof
    noun
    1.
    evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.

    2.
    anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?

    3.
    the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the
    proof.

    4.
    the establishment of the truth of anything; demonstration.

    5.
    Law . (in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.

    P.S. Do you see anything here that says proof has to be absolute?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    10 Dec '11 03:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://www.factsplusfacts.com/shroud-of-turin-coins.htm

    http://shroud2000.com/FastFacts.html

    http://www.youtube.com/user/mhfm1?v=WRB16BARvz0&feature=pyv&ad=7367214632&kw=shroud%20of%20turin
    Biblically, when God has "proven" himself to the world, where did it get him?

    I mean, Adam and Eve knew 100% sure that God existed, then look what happened.

    The children of Israel witnessed plagues, the sea parting before them so they could walk across, and manna falling from heaven. Then they forsake him to build a golden cow in order to worship it.

    I think you will find that faith may have something to do with the facts, but only a small fraction of it. Faith is not only saying I believe you exist, it means I trust you implicitly with my entire being.

    Now try to "prove" that the people you have placed your faith in, whether it be wife, mother, son, friend, etc., is bullet proof.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    10 Dec '11 06:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Biblically, when God has "proven" himself to the world, where did it get him?

    I mean, Adam and Eve knew 100% sure that God existed, then look what happened.

    The children of Israel witnessed plagues, the sea parting before them so they could walk across, and manna falling from heaven. Then they forsake him to build a golden cow in order to worship it. ...[text shortened]... u have placed your faith in, whether it be wife, mother, son, friend, etc., is bullet proof.
    Yes, Adam and eve knew God existed, but they did not put their trust in Him.
    They decided to put their trust in someont that told them they can do whatever
    they wished and then they would be like God. Isn't that basically what the
    atheists believe today?

    I think you are saying basically what I have said, but in a different way. All
    the proof in the world will not help someone who refuses to believe or lacks
    the faith to put his trust in his belief. But it is my hope that as the evidence
    increases there will come a point that all will believe in Christ and have the
    faith to trust in whom they believe.

    Although the shroud may not be absolute proof of the resurrection of Christ,
    it is a little more evidence to add to the pile. Maybe it will be enough to tip
    the scale in the right direction for someone. I don't need it to believe, but
    others might.
Back to Top