1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 03:28
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    completely failed. jesus did not fulfill a single actual messianic prophesy.
    Please. I'm not sure how familiar you are with such prophecies, but suffice it to say that RJ and myself know enogh to be convinced no matter if you continue your naysaying till you turn blue in the face.

As a nonbeliever, your only option now would be to convince us that the NT was written specifically to match the OT prophesies.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 05:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Please. I'm not sure how familiar you are with such prophecies, but suffice it to say that RJ and myself know enogh to be convinced no matter if you continue your naysaying till you turn blue in the face.

As a nonbeliever, your only option now would be to convince us that the NT was written specifically to match the OT prophesies.
    it would not be sufficient to say that the NT was written specifically to match the OT prophecies.

what can be said on the matter is that the NT invents some prophecies that don't exist and tries to match them up with some obscure texts in the OT which are describing other events having nothing to do with prophecies or having to do with completely different, non-messianic prophecies.

as for the actual messianic prophecies, not a single one was fulfilled by JC.

the messiah is to accomplish the following tasks:

-the military conquest of the assyrian empire (already defunct by the time JC enters the scene)
    -the return of israelis from diaspora and reconstitution of the kingdom of israel (never happened).
    -the return of the jews from diaspora and reconstitution of the kingdom of judea (never happened, though not for lack of trying. those pesky palestinians just refuse to die and hand over all their land to the jews!).
    -building the 3rd and final temple which will last for eternity. (the one that existed at the time was destroyed).
    -usher in a golden age where peace prevails.
    -spread universal knowledge of (the bible) god with the israelis and jews held in high esteem.

as anyone can plainly see, not a single messianic prophecy was fulfilled by JC.
    with no fulfilled prophecies, early christian authors just made up some crap and associated it with whatever OT text they could stretch to fit, sometimes making gross errors in translation and context.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 05:45
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it would not be sufficient to say that the NT was written specifically to match the OT prophecies.

what can be said on the matter is that the NT invents some prophecies that don't exist and tries to match them up with some obscure texts in the OT which are describing other events having nothing to do with prophecies or having to do with completely diff ...[text shortened]... er OT text they could stretch to fit, sometimes making gross errors in translation and context.
    Are you an atheistic Jew?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree