1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 07:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are lucky I did not call you a numbnuts.
    Yep, I sure got away lightly with just an "ignorant".
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 07:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Yep, I sure got away lightly with just an "ignorant".
    Glad you appreciate my restraint.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 07:04
    I believe you have a basic misunderstanding of what happened and what the scriptures say about this.
    Yes I do, just what is written in scripture and it says the head cloth was separate from the main cloth.

You can of course choose to believe whatever BS the Catholic Church tells you to believe if it helps to support your obsession with this fakery.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 07:071 edit
    Glad you appreciate my restraint.
    You are a formidable presence here in the forum Hinds, I really wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of you that's for sure. Thank you for withholding the power of your vocabulary; being called a "numbnuts" would certainly have put me right in my place.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 07:181 edit
    Yes I do, just what is written in scripture and it says the head cloth was separate from the main cloth.

You can of course choose to believe whatever BS the Catholic Church tells you to believe if it helps to support your obsession with this fakery.
    The information I am considering is not from the Roman Catholic Church. That is another one of your misconceptions because you refuse to consider any of the evidence for the authenticity for the Shroud and the Sudarium. I believe in it. That is why I present this information. It is no different from why I present my belief in Jesus and the Holy Bible and creation instead of evilution and atheism.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 07:34
    The information I am considering is not from the Roman Catholic Church. That is another one of your misconceptions because you refuse to consider any of the evidence for the authenticity for the Shroud and the Sudarium. I believe in it. That is why I present this information. It is no different from why I present my belief in Jesus and the Holy Bible and creation instead of evilution and atheism.
    What makes you think I refuse to consider any evidence?

The main evidence from a Christian perspective is scripture, which contradicts what you propose. There is a ton of scientific evidence indicating that the shroud is medieval, it looks medieval, the face looks like something from an Arthurian legend not from a small Palestinian guy. The whole thing reeks of poor fakery before one even considers the scientific evidence against it.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jan '14 08:42
    What makes you think I refuse to consider any evidence?

The main evidence from a Christian perspective is scripture, which contradicts what you propose. There is a ton of scientific evidence indicating that the shroud is medieval, it looks medieval, the face looks like something from an Arthurian legend not from a small Palestinian guy. The whole thing reeks of poor fakery before one even considers the scientific evidence against it.
    Your comments makes it easy for me.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 07:08
    PROOF THE SHROUD OF TURIN IS GENUINE

YouTube
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '14 20:16
    PROOF THE SHROUD OF TURIN IS GENUINE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQn6JrPYcys
    Oh shut up Rodney, you tart.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jan '14 00:40
    Summary of scientific and historical evidence supportive of the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin as the ancient burial cloth of the historical Jesus of Nazareth.

http://www.newgeology.us/presentation24.html

In his most recent effort, Fanti and a research team from the University of Padua conducted three tests on tiny fibers extracted from the shroud during earlier carbon-14 dating tests conducted in 1988, according to Vatican Insider. The first two tests used infrared light and Raman spectroscopy, respectively, while the third employed a test analyzing different mechanical parameters relating to voltage.

The results date the cloth to between 300 B.C. and 400 A.D., per The Telegraph.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/shroud-of-turin-real-jesus_n_2971850.html
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jan '14 04:462 edits
    Forensic Analysis of the Shroud of Turin

YouTube

There is no other man known to have been punished and crucified by the Romans in exactly the same manner as that described of Jesus of Nazareth. However, the forensic amalysis of the Shroud of Turin has revealed that the man depicted there on the Shroud was indeed punished and crucified in exactly the same manner as told by the New Testament writers.

There is no way known to have produced such a cloth with this forensic information by fakery according to the expert coroners in violent deaths without a real person being tortured and crucified to death and some unknown imaging technique used according to image analysis experts.

So this means that if this is a middle age fake and not the cloth that wrapped the body of Jesus of Nazareth, then the forger would had to have killed a man and produce all the injuries and also come up with an imaging technique that is still unknown to science. The simplest conclusion, according to occam's razor is that the Shroud of Turin is the burial cloth of Jesus of Nazareth and the image was produce when He was miraculously raised from the grave.

Many people do not like to believe in miracles. However, this is the only reasonable option available at present. That is why I believe the Shroud of turin is genuine and authentic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree